[1MHCFB 2.0] HeaT's Iron Will Blood Magic Incinerate Marauder

[1MHCFB 2.0] HeaT's Iron Will Blood Magic Incinerate Marauder LEVEL 93

The general idea behind this build was to be extremely tanky for the FlashBack event. I wanted most of my passives to be allocated to defensive nodes but still have a very powerful build with strong DPS and fast clear speed. Therefore, I went with Blood Magic and Iron Will to compliment the defensive component of stacking strength. The build was originally theory crafted for EK, and the same skill tree can still be applied, however I decided to use a skill I had never used before, Incinerate. He had a good run and ripped at level 93.

Build Guide Video

Stat Sheets
Spoiler

Defense

Offense

Skill Tree
Spoiler

Path of the Warrior is a temporary passive that was going to be speced out of at lvl 94. Unwavering stance is another option but I found stun with this build was generally not an issue.

http://tinyurl.com/pzyds7d

Gear and Links
Spoiler

You can substitute Belly for a Lightning Coil if you want, but you would probably lose around 700 life. With a Belly this build stands at 8,600 life. I think it's a matter preference because Belly's increased life recovery rate is extremely relevant when you have such a high life pool.

Jewelery could have used more strength rolls but even without the extra strength the build still reaches its potential.

Substituting Immortal Call for Molten Shell is an option.

Bandits
Spoiler

For the Merciless decision you can also pick the extra Frenzy charge or Endurance charge.

Oak
Point
Point

If you guys have any questions post them here or shot me a PM. Thanks for checking out the build!

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Last edited by HeaT1 on Oct 21, 2015, 6:10:18 PM
Last bumped on Apr 10, 2016, 4:50:11 AM
For comparison purposes to other builds for those of us who don't typically watch guide videos, it'd be good if you posted defensive and offensive stat sheets.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
For comparison purposes to other builds for those of us who don't typically watch guide videos, it'd be good if you posted defensive and offensive stat sheets.

sure, edited the stat sheets in.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
This, I should have build this for the 1-month! My summoner was a stupid idea. =D

What I like about your build:
- huge life pool
- blood magic
- lots of res from tree
- little prep work (I'm so done casting 20 auras and getting spectres!)

What I think could be interesting to explore:
- Slower Projectiles for single target damage (depending on boss). I think in some boss fights you are better off with more dps than range. Might be useful to level one SP on weapon switch as well.
- ES shield with increased spell damage and your flame totem for more dps; your current shield with skellie totem on weapon switch for difficult maps/bosses

PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
i kinda wanted to play summoner (non srs) but for flashback events with all leagues active, it puts you at a huge disadvantage.

i opted for armor on shield because i think at a certain point dps is enough, crossing that threshold puts you in a situation where you have to sacrifice something, usually it's defense and i didn't really want to do that. but a shield with spell damage is totally viable.

i gave slower projectiles consideration, i just preferred the range, especially for beyond bosses.

i also forgot to roll life leech from fire on my dagger...*face palm*

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
"
HeaT1 wrote:
i kinda wanted to play summoner (non srs) but for flashback events with all leagues active, it puts you at a huge disadvantage.
Yeah, it would have been fine but with Beyond active your clearing speed slows down to a crawl and you can go hunting for new spectres all the time.

The leech only needs Catrina lvl 5, definitely worth picking up for 4 chaos.

Depending on what the new 1-month is I might try your build with a couple of personal adjustments. It looks like a lot of fun to play!
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
I play IW/BM incinerate maradeur myself in 1m flashback, and i confirm it's one of the most suitable builds for that event.

But i disagree on Unwavering Stance. Beyond bosses, for example, are still capable to stun you, even with all your life and armour. And when you're stunned, you lose all "stacked" stages of incinerate. Essentially, you lose TONS of damage when you get stunned.

I also wonder, why you dont grab all endurance charges on the tree, and dont use Life Leech gem? I find those mandatory defensive-wise. On other hand, with that amount of %life from tree, Belly isnt really good option. You better just get a decent (probably corrupted) 6-link with life instead.

I dint think you really need %damage nodes like Arsonist and Celestial Judgement. Iron Will grants you enough already.

Helping Alira in Cruel is a good idea too, cause we lack cast speed badly.

And the last - why use dagger as weapon? If you want melee weapon (for fortify, etc), use Doon Cuebiyari, it's an obvious choice. Or decent rare sceptre, at least (with resistance penetration prefferably).
I prefer using wands, though, because they provide projectile speed, greatly increasing your range.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Oct 22, 2015, 5:39:47 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
I play IW/BM incinerate maradeur myself in 1m flashback, and i confirm it's one of the most suitable builds for that event.

But i disagree on Unwavering Stance. Beyond bosses, for example, are still capable to stun you, even with all your life and armour. And when you're stunned, you lose all "stacked" stages of incinerate. Essentially, you lose TONS of damage when you get stunned.

I also wonder, why you dont grab all endurance charges on the tree, and dont use Life Leech gem? I find those mandatory defensive-wise. On other hand, with that amount of %life from tree, Belly isnt really good option. You better just get a decent (probably corrupted) 6-link with life instead.

I dint think you really need %damage nodes like Arsonist and Celestial Judgement. Iron Will grants you enough already.

Helping Alira in Cruel is a good idea too, cause we lack cast speed badly.

And the last - why use dagger as weapon? If you want melee weapon (for fortify, etc), use Doon Cuebiyari, it's an obvious choice. Or decent rare sceptre, at least (with resistance penetration prefferably).
I prefer using wands, though, because they provide projectile speed, greatly increasing your range.

i never had any problems with getting stunned to be honest, i had planned for unwavering in the build but was waiting to see if i needed it and i didnt.

i have an affinity for daggers and whirling blade, is the best explanation i suppose.

i think that lightning coil might be a better choice for this build, but they are pretty expensive, and i had never done a build with Belly before. also, belly's increased life recovery really helps when you have a high life pool.

arsonist also gives you 1% life regen which is pretty crazy, that is why i picked it up. i also experimented with efficient training and the witch area but speced out of it.

as for life leech i dont like using the gem, never have, so i thought i would get leech from other sources like doryiani's and craft. even if i were to pick up more endurance charges AND used leech it wouldnt have prevent me from getting 1 shot, but it also wouldnt have helped me THAT much because my defenses were good enough, and it would have been sacrificing dps.

so one thing about any builds i create is i dont really make them for 100% min max, i attempt to min max to a degree but i also try to make them efficient for MY play style. like how i have an affinity for daggers. i also feel out my builds as they evolve, so life leech and more endurances charges didnt happen because as i was playing i was feeling out damage from beyonds, my pot reaction/effectiveness from different levels of damage, how dangerous well decent rolled maps were with the defenses i had, etc. and at the time i didnt feel like i needed more defense, character felt right, i was happy with the clear speed and defense so there was no need for me to change.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
"
HeaT1 wrote:

i never had any problems with getting stunned to be honest, i had planned for unwavering in the build but was waiting to see if i needed it and i didnt.

i have an affinity for daggers and whirling blade, is the best explanation i suppose.

i think that lightning coil might be a better choice for this build, but they are pretty expensive, and i had never done a build with Belly before. also, belly's increased life recovery really helps when you have a high life pool.

arsonist also gives you 1% life regen which is pretty crazy, that is why i picked it up. i also experimented with efficient training and the witch area but speced out of it.

as for life leech i dont like using the gem, never have, so i thought i would get leech from other sources like doryiani's and craft. even if i were to pick up more endurance charges AND used leech it wouldnt have prevent me from getting 1 shot, but it also wouldnt have helped me THAT much because my defenses were good enough, and it would have been sacrificing dps.

so one thing about any builds i create is i dont really make them for 100% min max, i attempt to min max to a degree but i also try to make them efficient for MY play style. like how i have an affinity for daggers. i also feel out my builds as they evolve, so life leech and more endurances charges didnt happen because as i was playing i was feeling out damage from beyonds, my pot reaction/effectiveness from different levels of damage, how dangerous well decent rolled maps were with the defenses i had, etc. and at the time i didnt feel like i needed more defense, character felt right, i was happy with the clear speed and defense so there was no need for me to change.
-HeaT

At least for leveling, Unwavering Stance is a must-have.

I can agree on Arsonist (1% regen is good, after all), but i hardly disagree on Celestial Judgement. it is NOT worth nodes you spend on it.
But if you want serious life regeneration, you should use Blood Dance boots. They also provide great offensive boost with frenzy charges. You cant even compare those with crappy +18% strangth boots, actually.

And you cant get enough leech with "other" sources, against bosses, at least. Even if you get leech from dual weapons, belt (life roll on which is just pathetic) and corrupted ammy (which will be hard as hell to find with decent rolls), you'll still have just 0.8% of your DPS conerted into HPS. What DPS will you have in endgame? Something around 10-15k tooltip (with fire pen.), which translates into 30-70k DPS depending on enemy's resistances. Taking it as 50k, we receive 400 HPS from 0.8% life leech vs single target - hardly noticeable, at best.
But with Life Leech gem alone (18/20), you'll have 2*1.44 = 2.88% life leech, which translates into 1440 HPS. That's exactly the life leech cap (20%) for 7200 HP, which you, most likely, will have.

And you dont sacrifice much DPS on leech anyway, Faster Casting gem (which would be used instead) isnt really so good.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Oct 22, 2015, 12:59:17 PM
i actually would use a lvl 3-4 empower instead of faster casting. by your calculation an extra 400hps on top of the 700 i currently have would be 1,100, add the life from a catalysed eternal and that's crazy regen. at that point it's a wasted gem slot imo *shrug*. when i played the build i personally didnt feel like it lacked the defense where i needed to use life leech, so why use it? just me though, obviously it's a great defensive option.

i did think about using blood dance though, should have tested them.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info