Making builds for everyone! Come and check it out!

"
MasterBLB wrote:
Take a look at my Kwintus_Hoary_Bearded character

Planned tree

Planned equipment:
Doryani's Catalyst

And the rest armor-based stuff,fire/elemental damage increase jewelery.Generally,I prefer to play selfound.

Planned skill setup:
6L RRGGBB Incinerate + Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Spell Echo + Fire Penetration + Faster Projectiles + Iron Will
4L RRBB Cast When Damage Taken lv1 + Firestorm lv8 + Curse on Hit + Warlord's Mark
4S 3L RRB,G Cast When Damage Taken lv2 + Frost Wall lv11 + Increased Duration, Arctic Armor -> inside Blood Dance shoes
4L RRBB Flame Dash + Enduring Cry + Faster Casting + Increased Duration
3L BBR Righterous Fire + Herald of Thunder + Purity of Fire
3L RGB Flame Totem + Item Rarity + Culling Strike

The issue is I'm not satisfied with that Enduring Cry + Increased duration,but I have no idea what for what it could be exchanged.I'm not a fan of Immortal Call,though.
Also,so far that Wall of Frost didn't show much usefulness - but that might be due to fact I just finished normal difficulty,later on in cruel/merciless,and with better equipment allowing to have at least 5L Incinerate,supported by Faster Projectiles for range the wall will become much more potent.Anyway,if there is a nice replacement for that setup it may be worth to check it.

Personally I'd slot a golem into that spot. Some extra passive damage/phys mitigation can't hurt.
"
RagnarokX wrote:
I have a request, too.

I want to do a build that is based on spark and freeze.
Either using light/cold conversion via Brotherhood and freeze chance, or conversion and crit to freeze. Then take freeze nodes and/or freeze jewels.
Build should be life-based because i tho i have super gear, my CI always fail.
I largely prefer block, too.

Can you come up with something "viable" ?

League is standard, class is any, i have free respecs. Approx level is like 85 avg.
Gear: I got plenty, including legacy.
only prerequisite is basicly that i want life instead of ES and that i like block, a lot.
Originally, i found Brotherhood in Warbands and wanted to combo it up with Dyadan Dawn Belt, but both are no requirement so i believe Brotherhood is necesarry for my idea.

Would you like me to PM it to you, or post it here? because its getting too clustery xD
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
Borgbilly wrote:
"
MasterBLB wrote:
Take a look at my Kwintus_Hoary_Bearded character

Planned tree

Planned equipment:
Doryani's Catalyst

And the rest armor-based stuff,fire/elemental damage increase jewelery.Generally,I prefer to play selfound.

Planned skill setup:
6L RRGGBB Incinerate + Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Spell Echo + Fire Penetration + Faster Projectiles + Iron Will
4L RRBB Cast When Damage Taken lv1 + Firestorm lv8 + Curse on Hit + Warlord's Mark
4S 3L RRB,G Cast When Damage Taken lv2 + Frost Wall lv11 + Increased Duration, Arctic Armor -> inside Blood Dance shoes
4L RRBB Flame Dash + Enduring Cry + Faster Casting + Increased Duration
3L BBR Righterous Fire + Herald of Thunder + Purity of Fire
3L RGB Flame Totem + Item Rarity + Culling Strike

The issue is I'm not satisfied with that Enduring Cry + Increased duration,but I have no idea what for what it could be exchanged.I'm not a fan of Immortal Call,though.
Also,so far that Wall of Frost didn't show much usefulness - but that might be due to fact I just finished normal difficulty,later on in cruel/merciless,and with better equipment allowing to have at least 5L Incinerate,supported by Faster Projectiles for range the wall will become much more potent.Anyway,if there is a nice replacement for that setup it may be worth to check it.

Personally I'd slot a golem into that spot. Some extra passive damage/phys mitigation can't hurt.

i figured that since he has alot of life already, maybe he can go fire golem for the extra damage :)

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Hi, great thread! :D, hope it survives for a long time.

I was hoping to find an MF build for running dried lakes/malachai solo in standard, possibly add low lvl maps later so viability to run any mods would be nice. Maybe around 80-85 lvls?

Requirements would be that it's a caster or a bow user since I hate how melee works (unless its cyclone), that its a stutter step char (not self cast incinerate or super high cast speed preferably) since I like the play style and that there would be as much "passive" defense spells as possible, I even put fire golem on cwdt setup with minion life&fortify since I dislike keeping to recast him, one curse is fine to manually cast on high life packs though, but that's about it. :)

I'm currently leveling an Incinerate dual totem char, but I'd prefer to cast spells/shoot myself if possible, I saw some EK MF build, but it seemed to get lot less IIQ/IIR compared to the totem guy.

I also have two old IIQ gems from ~beta or something, so could build around both IIQ/IIR gems for the main skill, other than that I don't have much currency, maybe 30-40alch, 10chaos and random stuff.

Life based would be nice, since I tried ES again and I got tired of being perma stunned and having to buy gear to be able to advance (or I just suck)...
"
Nyypsy wrote:
Hi, great thread! :D, hope it survives for a long time.

I was hoping to find an MF build for running dried lakes/malachai solo in standard, possibly add low lvl maps later so viability to run any mods would be nice. Maybe around 80-85 lvls?

Requirements would be that it's a caster or a bow user since I hate how melee works (unless its cyclone), that its a stutter step char (not self cast incinerate or super high cast speed preferably) since I like the play style and that there would be as much "passive" defense spells as possible, I even put fire golem on cwdt setup with minion life&fortify since I dislike keeping to recast him, one curse is fine to manually cast on high life packs though, but that's about it. :)

I'm currently leveling an Incinerate dual totem char, but I'd prefer to cast spells/shoot myself if possible, I saw some EK MF build, but it seemed to get lot less IIQ/IIR compared to the totem guy.

I also have two old IIQ gems from ~beta or something, so could build around both IIQ/IIR gems for the main skill, other than that I don't have much currency, maybe 30-40alch, 10chaos and random stuff.

Life based would be nice, since I tried ES again and I got tired of being perma stunned and having to buy gear to be able to advance (or I just suck)...

I only have one MF build done, but unfortunately its melee, Poison arrow is a great choice, i could make you a Poison Arrow MF build, but my best man "Serleth" has already done that, the link to his build guide is here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1291803

i know i said in the thread that i would make a build for you, but, in this case, this is just as helpful :)

If you have any other builds in mind, shoot!

The most fun build you can come,up with for solo self found 1Mhc
"
dustyxx wrote:
The most fun build you can come,up with for solo self found 1Mhc

My mind isnt that creative at the moment :P its nearing the time where i gotta sleep, also, this comment doesn't exactly follow the criteria, you need to choose your own build, or idea, and copy paste the "form" and just, fill it out, that way, i can properly make a build for you :)

EK
Crit/Phys, im not sure if crit viable for HC.
1MHC
Selfound/solo
Level: until is die
"
I only have one MF build done, but unfortunately its melee, Poison arrow is a great choice, i could make you a Poison Arrow MF build, but my best man "Serleth" has already done that, the link to his build guide is here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1291803

i know i said in the thread that i would make a build for you, but, in this case, this is just as helpful :)

If you have any other builds in mind, shoot!

Well I actually tried one PA build before in HC Tempest league, it worked fine, but I kinda got tired of the degen killing instead of "instant", idk why it bothered me since I used to love leveling with PA, I suppose the superfast mobs moving from the PA area was annoying or something, idk.

One other build I've been wanting to play since beta that I've never got to work is a "roleplay" shadow, so in a sense trying to use the shadow type abilities/passives with dual claw's etc, Evasion+ES, physical->elemental abilities, possibly block in there somewhere (like the 8% block uniq claw's), I did one Frost Blades build hoping to use freezing with Hatred+Discipline+Grace... but I got tired of misses, the base function of Frost Blades (low range, requires target etc), I was thinking about swapping to Cyclone/Reave, but I figured I'd need currency to make it work (if it even would) so I changed to MF char for now.

The build was:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNhFfKLZyBT1b2qMFr8DHrGzH0HtQaZ_tUhtbJma53TrY9sa6NYRLxB7IuoFtSsKvjrDOmqVjb_C7Lb39UsZipu1vwBei_rrtMVd8sEAlwb7CYTFk5Dd55Lz2-cV_ULDxKL22pKAg70V8F5FbAhHBoo434Qaj_lj8Yr2_NDQZK-jiqc0z-lfao_6RfTuDuuO7BhvV4Gsk_w3gSy_cLvBxTOSLghSsuTrFdfZE3_GQxPjVoauL2-TJ1ZjvopsC8rToS8i9LQMbRlGceq6EVDhiA18Nbkdqqcr_knZWxslS67pAh1P

Skills:
4-6L: Frost Blades, Slower Projectiles, Point Blank, Hypotermia, Faster Projectiles
+ Faster Attacks/Cold Penetration/Fork, Chain/LesserGreater Multiple Proj/Ice Bite
(Plenty of More modifiers, idk if it would have worked)

4L: Dual Strike, Faster Attacks, Hypotermia + Cold pen/Culling Strike/Added Cold

4L: Grace, Hatred, Discipline, Enlighten
(Would get 3auras only with Alpha's Howl and only 8% mana left with no plans on mana sustain (other than 0.4% from the tree)... kinda didn't think of that. ;D)

4L: Trap, Multiple Traps, Summon Zombie, Minion Life
(100% not sure if this would have worked, just wanted something else than CwDT+Immortal Call etc basic stuff, used trap+multitrap to possibly cast the zombies faster, ofc if I actually got enough freeze and started shattering a lot of mobs, would have to think something else, I was thinking riposte... but couldn't figure anything fun/useful to go with it...)

3L: Cast when Stunned, Poacher's Mark/Frost Bite, Phase Run
(Auto-curse setup since I was getting so many stuns, plan was to "only" buy stun recovery gear so I wouldn't mind the stuns so much and get passive curses and phase run for another "more" modifier... although it wouldn't work with Frost Blades projectiles I think, since its "Melee")

3L: Whirling Blades, Faster Attacks, (Enhance)
OR
3L: Summon Chaos Golem, Minion Elemental Resistance, Minion Life

I also tried to use zero str gems, since I was getting no str from passives and only use EV/ES gear, ofc WED and Multistrike would be great and many other things, but wanted to try without them... :P
That might be a bit too much restrictions though, but if there was some reasonable way to make the idea work with cyclone/reave or even possibly with Frost Blades that would be nice. :)
(reroll is np.)

PS. the build is using too many points, I was just playing around with what was possible, around 90-100points would be more reasonable tbh.

Last edited by Nyypsy on Oct 20, 2015, 11:10:19 AM
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info