Making builds for everyone! Come and check it out!

"
macexor wrote:
Seems reasonable to wait till we have all the info about 2.1.

Still, I have one more question. Under current tree, which way of sustaining mana do you prefer?
a) blood magic gem
b) EB GR Life Leech
c) EB ES on hit from jewels. 3 or 4 needed from what I read.

Last option seems to be very popular. Although I hate the idea of sacrificing 4 jewel slots since I doubt I could get any other good mods because on the new league.

in your case, blood magic gem is probably the best idea... especially if you're going pure life :) well, i like the blood magic gem, you cant make a melee build without it ;)
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
Skill: Either Cleave or Reave
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: None, it's Chaos, actually. Non-crit
Which league are you planning to play this build on? Any softcore. Aiming for Talisman softcore if the new tree still allows it.
What type of weapon will you want to use? Dreamfeather unique sword, either dual wield or with an EV shield.
What level are you planning to level this build to? Eventually 100, but I'd like it to be pretty playable as soon as it can equip the Dreamfeather (at level 66).

The idea is to use the EV-to-damage mechanic of Dreamfeather to amplify chaos damage.

Flat sources of chaos damage would be:
- Added chaos damage support gem;
- Elreon's master craft which adds chaos damage to rings and amulet;
- Corruption on the Dreamfeather for flat chaos damage.

Not sure if damage would be enough in the endgame. Also not sure about the best way to level this. Tried to level using the added chaos damage as soon as available and building the tree as is, but that was really slow.

Considering that this is a "Talisman" build, i think its better to wait until 2.1 then re-send the form. Im only doing builds for 2.0 tree at the moment. unless you still want me to look at your planned tree :)

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"

Considering that this is a "Talisman" build, i think its better to wait until 2.1 then re-send the form. Im only doing builds for 2.0 tree at the moment. unless you still want me to look at your planned tree :)

I'm supposing that the tree will not change too much so I wouldn't mind if you could look at it for 2.0 anyways.
"
"

I'm supposing that the tree will not change too much so I wouldn't mind if you could look at it for 2.0 anyways.

I dont see much wrong with this tree tbh :) its well planned out, plenty of life, plenty of evasion (if evasion is crap, you are literally one node away from iron reflexes >_> and the dodge capabilities from Acro/pacro is still there (although, the less armour in acro wont help the armour route, so, evasion will do :P)

Hi Slayer, nice to see ppl like you on this forum!

iam kinda new to this game, but i played d2.

well since i play poe iam interestet to create a build like the mercenary from the 3th. act in diablo 2.

he fires big iceballs who deepfreeze on impact (aoe) - by now i didnt found a gem who rly fit that.

i just wanna play a champ on softcore who deepfreezes the hell out of everything :D maybe you want to create with me this fantasy? ;) (idc spells or with a bow)

sorry if my english is not as good as it could be, iam not a native speaker.

regards Jones

Last edited by Kurifuri on Nov 20, 2015, 10:12:44 AM
"
Kurifuri wrote:
Hi Slayer, nice to see ppl like you on this forum!

iam kinda new to this game, but i played d2.

well since i play poe iam interestet to create a build like the mercenary from the 3th. act in diablo 2.

he fires big iceballs who deepfreeze on impact (aoe) - by now i didnt found a gem who rly fit that.

i just wanna play a champ on softcore who deepfreezes the hell out of everything :D maybe you want to create with me this fantasy? ;) (idc spells or with a bow)

sorry if my english is not as good as it could be, iam not a native speaker.

regards Jones

Hey there buddy :) Thank you for the compliment, i try my best :)

Now, considering that you're new, i decided that maybe the best approach will be a simple caster that does indeed freeze stuff, however, it doesnt full screen clear/freeze, as there isnt any skill that is similar to any projectile based skill that does that, so, i will send you an arctic breath build as soon as possible, its very noob friendly, doesn't require any GG items, so, you can practically self found these items :)

Welcome to Path of Exile, and welcome to my thread, i hope my build guides meet your expectations <3

Cheers!

Slayer.

bemp

Hi Slayertip, would you be willing to help me update the fireball witch build called the carpet bomber? The author seems to be no longer around. I have a level 75 fireballer and it is very fun. The original thread is here and was last updated for 1.3: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/977866

Now that we have jewels and the tree is changed I would like ideas on the best placement of skill points. Thanks for looking!
Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!
I just wanted to thank you again for the build you made for me (RT Split Arrow Duelist). I changed a few things to better suit my needs but I'm having a blast and really appreciate the help.

I'm wanting to make an EK Shadow for the talisman league but I'll wait to see how / if the tree changes before asking for your help again. My first ever character was an EK shadow but it kinda sucked because EK wasn't as good pre-2.0 buffs. That's why I want to try it again. I messed around a little on standard and EK is much more viable now.

This is an awesome thing you are doing for the community and it's great to see people like you active in the forums.

Original post and build provided:
Spoiler
Firstly thanks for helping out the community and congrats on your 5000 hours achievement.

I'm hoping to make a unique char for the darkshrine event, hopefully you can help. The idea is to create a tanky archer who utilizes RT, Iron Grip, lots of life and regen. The challenge is that I play mostly self found, although I will probably buy a bow.

Skill: Probably TS or SA unless you have a better idea.
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: non crit cause of RT
Which league are you planning to play this build on? (if standard, i can help gear): darkshrine SC
What type of weapon will you want to use? e.g.: Dagger, Wand, Sceptre, Mace, Staff, etc: Bow
What level are you planning to level this build to? (need to know for point allocation): 80 is probably the max I will make it

PM or public whichever is fine. Thanks

Spoiler
Hello, how are you? :) So, i went over the form, and i decided the best approach will be duelist, so, here it is, 103 skill point allocated tree, level 81 (i was gonna go 80, but if i did, you would lose some life

tree: http://poeurl.com/zC1GaJJ

So, iron grip, as you know, is based off strength, so, whatever damage you see lack in this tree compared to a normal ranger TS build, is made up by the strength points, so, if you have jewellry with strength + life/res, use it.

6L setup: Tornado Shot, GMP, Added Fire Damage, Blood Magic, Physical Projectile Attack Damage, Faster Attacks

Auras: Hatred, Determination

Curse: Warlords Mark

Golem: Flame

Bandits: H-Oak, H-Kraityn, K-all

if you have any questions, or if you want to know about the gear (i leave it out, incase people already have gear setup already) please let me know!

Cheers
Last edited by Kaicimo on Nov 21, 2015, 7:28:44 PM
"
Kaicimo wrote:
I just wanted to thank you again for the build you made for me (RT Split Arrow Duelist). I changed a few things to better suit my needs but I'm having a blast and really appreciate the help.

I'm wanting to make an EK Shadow for the talisman league but I'll wait to see how / if the tree changes before asking for your help again. My first ever character was an EK shadow but it kinda sucked because EK wasn't as good pre-2.0 buffs. That's why I want to try it again. I messed around a little on standard and EK is much more viable now.

This is an awesome thing you are doing for the community and it's great to see people like you active in the forums.

Original post and build provided:
Spoiler
Firstly thanks for helping out the community and congrats on your 5000 hours achievement.

I'm hoping to make a unique char for the darkshrine event, hopefully you can help. The idea is to create a tanky archer who utilizes RT, Iron Grip, lots of life and regen. The challenge is that I play mostly self found, although I will probably buy a bow.

Skill: Probably TS or SA unless you have a better idea.
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: non crit cause of RT
Which league are you planning to play this build on? (if standard, i can help gear): darkshrine SC
What type of weapon will you want to use? e.g.: Dagger, Wand, Sceptre, Mace, Staff, etc: Bow
What level are you planning to level this build to? (need to know for point allocation): 80 is probably the max I will make it

PM or public whichever is fine. Thanks

Spoiler
Hello, how are you? :) So, i went over the form, and i decided the best approach will be duelist, so, here it is, 103 skill point allocated tree, level 81 (i was gonna go 80, but if i did, you would lose some life

tree: http://poeurl.com/zC1GaJJ

So, iron grip, as you know, is based off strength, so, whatever damage you see lack in this tree compared to a normal ranger TS build, is made up by the strength points, so, if you have jewellry with strength + life/res, use it.

6L setup: Tornado Shot, GMP, Added Fire Damage, Blood Magic, Physical Projectile Attack Damage, Faster Attacks

Auras: Hatred, Determination

Curse: Warlords Mark

Golem: Flame

Bandits: H-Oak, H-Kraityn, K-all

if you have any questions, or if you want to know about the gear (i leave it out, incase people already have gear setup already) please let me know!

Cheers

Glad i could help :) I would love to help you with your planned EK build also once Talisman is out :) im glad you're having fun :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info