All Ears - Achievement Guide - Updated

Thank you for all the time and effort you put into this.
I will try to complete this achievement during the Dark shrines league.
Once again, you are all very welcome; and I want to extend a huge thank you to those who, for the most part of Acts 1-3, made it possible for me to do this, and to finally get it over with. ♥

I owe a great deal of credit, to the creator of the 190/190 spreadsheet/s, and all of the threads I found on this subject. At first, I couldn't figure out what in the Mud Flats triggered Bestel's 'Undead Rhoas' dialogue. On account of there being two different spreadsheets, I spent way too much time looking for an 'Albino Rhoa' (lol). Albeit, there were some changes in 2.0; they were a big help. ♥

"
Rhys wrote:
"
Hardmuscle wrote:
After obtaining credit for 'some' dialogues; It may, or may not be important to obtain them a second (or third) time as you progress (I did not have the nerve, nor the sanity left, to confirm this, because I did not want to start over again, and especially not, if I could avoid it simply by getting them each time they were available). For Example: It may, or may not be important to obtain any of the ACT 1 dialogues (a second or third time) after obtaining 43/43.

It doesn't matter. You only need to see each dialogue once, in any difficulty.

I kind of figured this was the case, but I didn't want to take any chances. I spent a lot of time running around in circles (thus the process of elimination). Thank you for the confirmation!

"
Zephryl wrote:
Is the order you do the Bandit Quests in important?

Like, do I have to kill K and A in a certain order when I help Oak? Or, do I just talk to Eramir after killing each one?

I'm doing this achievement with my new character, but, I want to do the Bandits in a different order than in your guide, and I really really don't want to mess it up.

"
Zephryl wrote:
"
MilarionZwei wrote:
It's important that you kill a different bandit first in each difficulty and help a different one in each difficulty. You should be able to use a book of reform to switch to Eramir in any of the difficulties, though, and reorder which difficulty you help each bandit.

Right! So, kill a different one first in each difficulty, help a different one in each difficulty and then use a Book of Reform on one to change it to killed-all.

Does which I kill first relate in any way to which I have to help for the conversations?

I believe, it is only important in Cruel and Merciless, and it's based on the order you chose to do them in Normal. As MilarionZwei said, it's important that you kill a different bandit first, and that you help a different bandit in each difficulty. Thus it could result in several possible orders.

I will use the letters A, B and C (instead of names), to reflect the significance of these orders.

Kill A, Kill B, Help C = Normal
Kill B, Kill C, Help A = Cruel
Kill C, Kill A, Help B = Merciless

-or-

Kill A, Kill C, Help B = Normal
Kill B, Kill A, Help C = Cruel
Kill C, Kill B, Help A = Merciless

-etcetera-

I hope this helps to make sense of it, and that it isn't wrong. I messed up, when I switched them around, but I believe this is because I overlooked alternating the bandit kills, as described above.

At the time; I was only concerned with alternating the help order, and failed miserably doing it.

~I wish you the best of luck! ;)
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." --George Carlin
Last edited by Hardmuscle on Oct 28, 2015, 9:01:51 PM
So I just have to make sure that each one has a turn at dying first, dying second and surviving.

Shouldn't be too hard I don't think, I just have to remember to go read your Merci section in Cruel, and vice versa.

Thanks so much for the guide though~ This achievement is always a daunting prospect, it's nice to have a step-by-step guide.
I just got the achievement! Thanks so much, I'd never have been able to do it without this guide =D
impressive! kudos
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
"
Zephryl wrote:
I just got the achievement! Thanks so much, I'd never have been able to do it without this guide =D

Excellent! I'm glad to see it worked out for you! :)
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." --George Carlin
Thank you again.
Just got the achievement yesterday thanks to your guide.

Anyone knows a 2.0 guide for the No Stone Unturned achievement ? i miss a few in act 3.
"
Hamallainen wrote:
Thank you again.
Just got the achievement yesterday thanks to your guide.

Anyone knows a 2.0 guide for the No Stone Unturned achievement ? i miss a few in act 3.

That's great and I'm happy I could help you to complete it. ;)

As for the 'No Stone Unturned' Achievement, I used the wiki for Acts 1, 2, 3 and 4; although I haven't fully completed it yet (due to laziness). I still have a couple more left to find in 'Other'; which are found by reading the Vaal Letters in Corrupted Areas.

If you're missing a few in Act 3, my first guess would be 'The Library' <--link.

There are several Books for each of the 3 Environmental Lore types found there. Like the Vaal Letters in Corrupted Areas; you will need to spam 'The Library' many times to find them all.

The Purity Chronicles x6, The Ancients x7, and Victario's Writings x4

I hope that helps! ;)
Thank you for the link.

I was missing 1 book and also the Reverie device (which was not in the wiki) located in The Solaris Temple Level 2 (Normal and Cruel) near Dialla

I completed the act 3 part now.
I will have to spend some Sacrifice fragments now to complete the achievement.
Just finished Act One Normal, 43/43. No way could I have done it without your guide Hardmuscle - thank you so much, also for such a large-font easy to follow layout with yellow danger text too. I'll chip away at it, and finally get there now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info