All Ears - Achievement Guide - Updated

I'm not sure if I posted this in the correct place or not. If it's in the wrong place, then I apologize in advance. (please don't kill me). A few weeks ago, I decided to take on the 'All Ears' Achievement. I searched this forum and found a little over 2000 results, an old spreadsheet which was very helpful and a lot of feedback from others who have attempted this, but I couldn't find anything up-to-date.

While doing the achievement, I kept notes and attempted to track my progress. Originally, I did not intend to create a guide or make a walk-through for anyone. After several fails, character deletes and retries, I finally completed it 2 days ago (yay me). That said, I felt I should share this with the community, as it would only be fair. I created a page on a personal site I use for hobby web design.

This is not meant to be an advertisement of any kind, and there are 0 ads on the page.

You can find the guide here: https://cheeseburger.coffeecup.com/allears.html

Feel free to copy it, share it, amend it, burn it in effigy, or whatever. Enjoy. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: If you'd like to examine the source-code before viewing the page; copy/paste and visit the below URL in the Google Chrome browser. It will open into a view-source mode you can look at.

view-source:https://cheeseburger.coffeecup.com/allears.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: If you don't have the Google Chrome browser and don't want the hassle of installing it just to look at some source-code, right-click on the link and choose to 'Save as' or 'Save link as', to save a copy of the page to your computer. You can open the page in any text editor. If you're on Windows, you have Notepad. Right-click on your saved copy, choose Open with, and then choose Notepad.

EDIT: For the purpose of this guide; the Kill/Help order for Bandit Lords are as follows:

Normal: Kill Alira, Kill Kraityn, Help Oak

Cruel: Kill Kraityn, Kill Oak, Help Alira

Merciless: Kill Oak, Kill Alira, Help Kraityn

If you wish to do this in a different order; refer to my post on page 3 for an explanation of how to go about doing this properly. It can be done; it just has to be done a certain way to be successful.

Example:

Kill A, Kill B, Help C = Normal
Kill B, Kill C, Help A = Cruel
Kill C, Kill A, Help B = Merciless

I put a 'colored-border' around the parts relevant to killing and helping them; to show the orders.

A Blue border for Alira, A Green border for Kraityn, and a Red border for Oak. I hope that helps.

EDIT: The page has been updated to reflect the two points removed from Act 3.

I also added some tips to avoid failure in many places throughout the guide.

The new total is 269 (it was 271). We no longer need to 'skip past' saving Clarissa in Act 3.

I condensed Act 3 so it can be done in Normal (like Acts 1 and 4). Take note of when to Drop the Ribbon Spool and when to Drop the Decantur Spiritus (on the ground) for those parts.

The most important tip I can offer for Act 2 is; Do Not Talk to Alira, Kraityn, or Oak before talking to Eramir, Greust, Silk, Yeena, and Helena about 'The Darkness'. I added warnings to indicate when not to talk to the Bandit Lords. If you speak to any of the 3 Bandit Lords before reaching that point, you will mess the whole thing up really bad and hate yourself forever; and likely have to start over.

The best way to follow this guide is to read ahead a few lines before doing anything. ~ Cheers! ;)

EDIT: In response to feedback, I replaced the Comic Sans MS font with Arial font and changed the main text color from a shade of Orange to a light shade of Grey, for better readability. I reduced the opacity to lighten it up a bit and removed the 'whitespace:nowrap;' property from descriptions, so the width of the table will collapse when viewed on narrow screens. I didn't give much thought to smaller screens or mobile devices, because I don't have a small screen and I don't use mobile. ;)

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." --George Carlin
Last edited by Hardmuscle on May 6, 2019, 7:57:29 AM
Last bumped on Oct 19, 2017, 9:25:59 PM
Nice one , kudos man o/
"
Nozumi wrote:
Nice one , kudos man o/

What's actually on the link?
"
"
Nozumi wrote:
Nice one , kudos man o/

What's actually on the link?

A guide of sorts for the achievement All Ears , the link seems to be safe , so click away if you desire so :D
Sorry, I tend to be highly suspicious about links in forums, since some people deemed fun to put links to screamers or uncloseable pages.
What's actually on the link is a list of steps required to complete 'All Ears' in 2.0

There are no scripts, no advertisements, and no junk. Just simple HTML & CSS. The page is self contained; so that it doesn't break if you were to Ctrl+S save a copy or 'Save As' from the link.

(If you want to, you can copy the source code to a blank page.html and use that.)

If you are not comfortable for some reason (and I do completely understand)....

Feel free to examine the source code here:

view-source:http://cheeseburger.coffeecup.com/allears.html

~ Cheers. ;)
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." --George Carlin
Last edited by Hardmuscle on Oct 19, 2015, 9:41:09 AM
Thanks for this! Bookmarked it for later. Nice debut to the forum too, very helpful!

Why don't you stick around ;)
The page from the link is empty now, btw.
Last edited by Eye_of_God on Oct 19, 2015, 6:44:21 PM
"
Eye_of_God wrote:
The page from the link is empty now, btw.

What do you mean, it's empty? It's still there and visible for me, at this time. o.O

It's possible the host went into maintenance at some point. This I have no control over.
Last edited by Hardmuscle on Oct 19, 2015, 7:28:19 PM
wow this looks pretty comprehensive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info