The 7 main problems with HLD and how to fix them

"
MullaXul wrote:
"
Lordsidro wrote:
I bought my legacy multi amulet last month for <1ex. Removed garbage mods and made 1 stat. nothing stopping others from doing this for the time being. I think you are highly overrating crit right now. My characters are all non crit now, amulet rotting in stash.

You can't overrate crit man. It's clear cut and you're easily doing 4-5x your damage output while others are pushing 6-8x. Plus the dps nodes/weapon dps isn't lacking in those tree areas or weapon bases. You take a 800dps RT, grab every dps node you can and a 400dps dagger/bow/sword grabbing the usual dps in their area+crit will naturally out dps you in real time not just on paper by huge amounts. My Bino's shadow using rags and acrobatics > my old 772dps 2h with legacy kaoms.

Mulla please before you keep on rambling about crit being op, go and borrow mirrored weapons, try to chase and kill someone with over 8k hp, who uses unyielding, belt of the deceiver and has enfeeble on cwdt. It is close to impossible.. Non-crit damage is seriously underrated and much harder to mitigate as many others have implied here as well. Also gearing for non-crit always allows for much higher defenses which is essential in 1v1 bo7.

Also dethklok, Im fairly sure LA explosions can get dodged, evaded and blocked. It doesnt work the same way as EA. They also interact differently with frost wall. LA explodes on every single wall it pierces whereas EA doesnt leave a fuse on a pierced wall, but only on to the one it gets stuck.
Last edited by lapiz on Oct 31, 2015, 11:04:17 AM
"
lapiz wrote:

Also dethklok, Im fairly sure LA explosions can get dodged, evaded and blocked. It doesnt work the same way as EA. They also interact differently with frost wall. LA explodes on every single wall it pierces whereas EA doesnt leave a fuse on a pierced wall, but only on to the one it gets stuck.

I had to go retest it with my acro/eva char, it dosnt look like you can dodge/evade LA but after testing it with an aegis char your right it can be block/dodged/evaded. I guess if LA is a bit of an issue at the moment and we already have means of avoiding the damage then making EA blockable ect wouldnt really change much either.

I know EA and LA have different interaction with frostwall but the end result is the same, a bunch of arrows explode around you resulting in an aoe shotgun effect. Even if half your EA arrows miss frostwall quillrains speed more than makes up for it.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Last edited by Dethklok on Oct 31, 2015, 11:59:53 AM
"
lapiz wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
Lordsidro wrote:
I bought my legacy multi amulet last month for <1ex. Removed garbage mods and made 1 stat. nothing stopping others from doing this for the time being. I think you are highly overrating crit right now. My characters are all non crit now, amulet rotting in stash.

You can't overrate crit man. It's clear cut and you're easily doing 4-5x your damage output while others are pushing 6-8x. Plus the dps nodes/weapon dps isn't lacking in those tree areas or weapon bases. You take a 800dps RT, grab every dps node you can and a 400dps dagger/bow/sword grabbing the usual dps in their area+crit will naturally out dps you in real time not just on paper by huge amounts. My Bino's shadow using rags and acrobatics > my old 772dps 2h with legacy kaoms.

Mulla please before you keep on rambling about crit being op, go and borrow mirrored weapons, try to chase and kill someone with over 8k hp, who uses unyielding, belt of the deceiver and has enfeeble on cwdt. It is close to impossible.. Non-crit damage is seriously underrated and much harder to mitigate as many others have implied here as well. Also gearing for non-crit always allows for much higher defenses which is essential in 1v1 bo7.

Ha, you're so full of shit its hilarious. Keep downplaying the obvious and thinking "defenses" such as armor,evasion,resists you get on the w side of the tree make you some powerhouse. If you aren't using assassins mark, poachers mark or invested in accuracy/use surgeons warding flasks as crit bow/melee and/or aren't killing people within a few hits with mirrored gear you're doing something wrong. The game hasn't changed at all since I tested both the belt and unyielding. It also hasn't changed enough to change my mind when it comes to my dual strike binos acrobatics shadow out dpsing/tanking people my 2h rt can't even stand near long enough to kill/tank before I die myself when I had legacy kaoms and at the time a near 800dps 2h sword. All I could think as I did it was...."how can someone with mirrored crit gear blow bad enough to lose to anyone when this bino's shit and ghetto set up feels like a PvP vacation". Blind+enfeeble+acrobatics was the only combination that caused me grief but still, I only needed to land x amount of hits compared to xx amount so it still felt like a near non issue.

Wanted to add my Vengeance on my crit dagger had 95% crit chance and 600% multiplier...did 1/2 or more life to most players while I didn't even do anything. While the same 4 link on my 2h tickles peoples ass holes for 100s of damage and they just laugh as I trigger their cwdt set ups that mutilate me.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Oct 31, 2015, 12:52:45 PM
I have been playing CRIT enough to know how it works, it is much harder nowadays to chase down 8k+ life/es users with crit spells than it was before, it's actually near impossible now if you know how to run properly. Before 2.0 it was much easier because of shotguns paired with quick lightning warps with either fireball or freezepulse etc...

No matter how much crit you have there are no spells righ now that will 1-2 shot anymore, i know ive been playing this crit spell build FOREVER. Lightning warp was nerfed, the speed is outrageously bad nowadays and doesn't deliver enough for quick lightwarps kills anymore. The only spell you can probably chase the best with is with the most braindead one, arc due to the auto-aiming. Try to chase down someone with fireball,freezepulse, arctic, icespear or even glacial cascade, its extremely hard. Reason why iam using firestorm right now is because you can zone people with it and control the ground map, this way providing more chances to kill before the opponent can run, stack it on yourself or stack it where you think the opponent will go is the most sure way to win with spells right now, using any other spell is just dropping your winning chances. I know enough of this because i tried possibily everything about spells in pvp to know what works and what doesnt.

Right now on my caster i have 50/500 crit stats, used to have much more crit multiplier than this back when LW wasnt nerfed and when we had shotgun, which is actually a huge nerf. Freezingpulse is garbage now, so is fireball, fireball blows right now, i tested it, gave it a chance, its just plain and simple bad just like every spells that was good with shotgun before. The damage is just really not enough to take down tanky builds 2.0 meta, they can basically run away once they get too low and never get killed. It just doesnt deliver what it used to deliver anymore.

1-2 shots with spells DOES NOT HAPPEN ANYMORE or i would be 1-2 shotting everyone all around. Everyspells except molten/flameblast is ATLEAST 3-4 shots with 2.0 engine unless you're playing an horrible no block/es, just dps build which is terrible and we all know this.

Crit is in a much better position in the hands of melee or bows in 2.0, because you have much better aiming/speed, you can shoot arrows that travel 10x faster than spells, you can flicker and quick hit crit with melees, which you cannot do with spells anymore with LW.

Generalizing crit is a thing, but there are sides of it which are VERY different. melee with insane multipliers, OFCOURSE it's going to be OP, 95% chance and 650 multiplier is going to 1-2 shot with daggers ofcourse, WHY ? because physical crit is unmitigated, reason why it was nerfed to shit before. crit melee/bow is so much different than casters right now its not even the same bracket, you have twice the crit than casters have right now, it's plain and simple to realize since i'am only getting 50/500+ on mine and i have BIS caster gear, it doesn't get better than this and you already know what kinda gear i have.

Stop generalizing.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Oct 31, 2015, 2:30:48 PM
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
I have been playing CRIT enough to know how it works, it is much harder nowadays to chase down 8k+ life/es users with crit spells than it was before, it's actually near impossible now if you know how to run properly. Before 2.0 it was much easier because of shotguns paired with quick lightning warps with either fireball or freezepulse etc...

No matter how much crit you have there are no spells righ now that will 1-2 shot anymore, i know ive been playing this crit spell build FOREVER. Lightning warp was nerfed, the speed is outrageously bad nowadays and doesn't deliver enough for quick lightwarps kills anymore. The only spell you can probably chase the best with is with the most braindead one, arc due to the auto-aiming. Try to chase down someone with fireball,freezepulse, arctic, icespear or even glacial cascade, its extremely hard. Reason why iam using firestorm right now is because you can zone people with it and control the ground map, this way providing more chances to kill before the opponent can run, stack it on yourself or stack it where you think the opponent will go is the most sure way to win with spells right now, using any other spell is just dropping your winning chances. I know enough of this because i tried possibily everything about spells in pvp to know what works and what doesnt.

Right now on my caster i have 50/500 crit stats, used to have much more crit multiplier than this back when LW wasnt nerfed and when we had shotgun, which is actually a huge nerf. Freezingpulse is garbage now, so is fireball, fireball blows right now, i tested it, gave it a chance, its just plain and simple bad just like every spells that was good with shotgun before. The damage is just really not enough to take down tanky builds 2.0 meta, they can basically run away once they get too low and never get killed. It just doesnt deliver what it used to deliver anymore.

1-2 shots with spells DOES NOT HAPPEN ANYMORE or i would be 1-2 shotting everyone all around. Everyspells except molten/flameblast is ATLEAST 3-4 shots with 2.0 engine unless you're playing an horrible no block/es, just dps build which is terrible and we all know this.

Crit is in a much better position in the hands of melee or bows in 2.0, because you have much better aiming/speed, you can shoot arrows that travel 10x faster than spells, you can flicker and quick hit crit with melees, which you cannot do with spells anymore with LW.

Generalizing crit is a thing, but there are sides of it which are VERY different. melee with insane multipliers, OFCOURSE it's going to be OP, 95% chance and 650 multiplier is going to 1-2 shot with daggers ofcourse, WHY ? because physical crit is unmitigated, reason why it was nerfed to shit before. crit melee/bow is so much different than casters right now its not even the same bracket, you have twice the crit than casters have right now, it's plain and simple to realize since i'am only getting 50/500+ on mine and i have BIS caster gear, it doesn't get better than this and you already know what kinda gear i have.

Stop generalizing.

Yeah if I want to draw vs most builds, especially casters, on my 2h I can. Very hard to chase and I'll just catch people offguard
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Melee crit builds are also wearing abyssus. Which I would consider a very dangerous proposition. Also cant wear kaoms.
"
lapiz wrote:

LA is secondary damage when the explosion happen on environmental element like walls or frost walls, it's the same with Ice Shot Aoe. I'm pretty sur it work the same as LS projectile actually. If the first part connect, the second part of the skill will hit ignoring any kind of defenses. EA, LA, IS, ect... Those are old skills from alpha so I wouldn't be surprised if they were all coded the same way unlike Molten Strike and Static Strike where the second part of skill is independant from the original hit and calculated appart for every hit.

I first realize that when I was playing vs Willi with my dagger more than a year ago. He was playing LA + FW totem/cws a long time before you guys (without the mines part).
Last edited by IceDeal on Nov 1, 2015, 1:36:57 PM
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:

LA is secondary damage when the explosion happen on environmental element like walls or frost walls, it's the same with Ice Shot Aoe. I'm pretty sur it work the same as LS projectile actually. If the first part connect, the second part of the skill will hit ignoring any kind of defenses. EA, LA, IS, ect... Those are old skills from alpha so I wouldn't be surprised if they were all coded the same way unlike Molten Strike and Static Strike where the second part of skill is independant from the original hit and calculated appart for every hit.

I first realize that when I was playing vs Willy with my dagger more than a year ago. He was playing LA + FW totem/cws a long time before you guys (without the mines part).

Willi have played that for a long time yes, although it doesn't justify how it works at the moment. With pierce and FW you'll take insane ammounts of damage and again the issue is frostwall
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them

"
Rupenus wrote:
Buff single target EA, take the current wall damage...reduce it further. Remove Frostwall from the pool of cwdt'able skills and PvP might start going in the right direction.

i totally agree with this.

If GGG is really reading this thread concerning EA In my humble experience I would think this suggestion in quote is the best thing they could do.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Nov 1, 2015, 10:42:04 AM
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

Stop generalizing.

Stop defending casters. They are still really really strong + ranged + have better cwdt set ups then anyone else, huge es pools and shields and now superior movement via whirling blades to lame people out via regens as well as anyone else can. Casters are fine now like you said. They are most powerful against melee even without shotgunning just because of spells like Firestorm for example, but fall short or go even with bow users. Besides, that wasn't exactly where my post was going in the first place. I was basically referring to your very last paragraph, bow and daggers have stupid high base weapon damage and dps in mirror form plus a tree location best fit for PvP. Why are the 2 most obvious crit weapon types, also in the best tree location with dodges, evasions, great dps nodes yet also have 400+ base damage x 600+% multipliers (500-600 without Abyssus)? RT 2h/1h on the other side of the tree can't take enough dps nodes to even compare to that damage output nor survivability.

I know people still think Kaom's is some hot shit (legacy is still good) and mara/duelist/templar trees = godlike survivability via regens and un-paralled damage output because they use 2 hands instead of 1 but that's just not the case. Those lame fire trappers and hp based staff casters are still plenty powerful even with new Kaoms, yes...but RT melee is not on the same level as other builds contrary to what people want to believe. I also know Lapiz isn't a slouch, but to defend melee crit dagger, claim you can't catch people etc.. etc.. is just not a great argument. Seriously in the current state of the game exalt for exalt you can not say an hp based crit dagger with a 6link chest and dodges pushing realistic 5-6k life < 2h melee with kaoms pushing realistic 7.5-9k tops. You also can't defend crit bow, like ever...seriously there's a reason everyone's crit bow, people don't play whats hard and un rewarding. They play what's easy to play and performs the best.

Anyways, forget all that bull shit.

GGG just focus on my EA and Frost wall suggestion re quoted by Rupenus then lolozori. Maybe also consider one other thing I've been writing for nearly 2 years now. Removing the sword exclusive BCR cluster in favor of a universal 2h one, in the same area of the tree with the same percentages damage/reduction wise for 2h sword/axe/mace, not staff.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info