The 7 main problems with HLD and how to fix them

"
Dethklok wrote:
Just to clarify when I said EA was easy to deal with pre 2.0 I was referring to the EA builds that didnt use GMP/LMP the single arrow builds like Slay and Lord. Current Ea users Play like old Freeze Pulse users... get in your face and out tank/dps you with shotgun damage.

exactly. all these 3 are same, FP shotgun, incinerate shotgun and EA shotgun. I dont mind EA fuses stacking but frost wall brought the retardness of skill to a next leel. all these three are kinda another form of same problem.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Oct 30, 2015, 7:58:07 PM
Much of this stems back to cwdt. It simply put the game on the wrong course and continues to be a problem. They should limit what skills can be used with cwdt i.e Frostwall like someone suggested.

Back when Slay and my brother played EA, the honest way. With single stacks and very few wall charges outside of controlling space I felt that was how the skill should be used. Right now they nerfed the already "weakish" single target stacking of a duration skill, created mega shitty arena layouts that favor AoE and Frostwalls are the new fotm. I remember when Slay first showed me gmp+lmp wall spam before all these T ratios and PvP updates, shit was ridiculous and I knew it would be a problem eventually.

You're right chasing people is hard enough on this engine with all the desynch/rubber banding, add AoE control/wall stacking and mobility on the opponents end along with high regen/life and it's a problem.

Buff single target EA, take the current wall damage...reduce it further. Remove Frostwall from the pool of cwdt'able skills and PvP might start going in the right direction.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Buff single target EA, take the current wall damage...reduce it further. Remove Frostwall from the pool of cwdt'able skills and PvP might start going in the right direction.

i totally agree with this.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
MullaXul wrote:

Back when Slay and my brother played EA, the honest way. With single stacks and very few wall charges outside of controlling space I felt that was how the skill should be used.

Yea I totally agree.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Good data being handled to the devs right in this post, but are they even seeing it ?

Hmm..
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
Good data being handled to the devs right in this post, but are they even seeing it ?

Hmm..

Cwdt should be limited only to curses, or skills alike with reduced effectiveness until the higher gem levels. People have to be tired of all this Arctic breath/Temp chains bull shit by now. Or 1/4 to 3/4 life reducing crit Cwdt spell triggers and giant lag spikes.

Cws should act like current Cwdt does with a damage reduction. This creates a meta where stun is more viable in high level, stun recovery mods see more attention. Unwavering stance/Chayula aren't semi mandatory yet you still have Cws to counter it.

Still strongly feel the Shadow/Ranger tree's > the Templar/Marauder tree's. The dodges, base damage, attack speed/cast speed and the flat fact crit multiplies your damage in ridiculous ways. Simply shits on the concept of taking RT to counter evasion then pushing every dps node you can grab + hp + regen to still die 1-2shots to crit. 5-6k life crit melee with dodges > 9-10k life RT melee with and without dodges. The damage gap makes the life difference mute. Concluding that critical damage is still too high, or the dps of daggers/bows is too much. The Ranger tree has the best PvP nodes in the game because not getting hit is the better answer then trying to out hp/regen spikey crit damage.

Traps/Mines have too many "more" supports, do retarded amounts of damage when paired with anything from a Chin Sol to a mirrored bow with 0 trap investment.

Lastly I don't care, legacy gear/mirrored gear broke this game for anyone who started playing shortly after 1.0 and didn't buy it or no life their way through the game. Prices continue to get worse and items are further out of reach then ever. Ratio's to Exalts from stackable currency suck really hard right now, most items you find aren't worth much anymore yet the mirrored gear/legacy pieces are several 100 Exalts each slot. The people completely geared this way > people in current best gear regardless of how smart the tree,how smart the player and only can natural match up numbers change that. Poorly geared trapper can still beat a fully mirrored out melee etc..etc..

From experience I've seen the difference. You can easily outplay and beat a player. Then they shred you so quick life flasks and anything in between don't mean shit...you ask, mirrored gear now or mirrored weapon at the very least and the answer is always yes. It's not that anything else changed worth noting, just the legacy piece of gear or a mirrored weapon.

On the other hand you have budget builds which do all of this stuff justice. Whispering ice/Firestorm/EA/Trapper/Bino's, these builds are basically the only viable RT/budget crit options that can hang with or completely beat BiS geared players on a regular basis regardless of match up. I find it great we have such options but it's also shitty so few exist and actually WI/EA/Traps should probably see nerfs of some sort anyways.
Last edited by MullaXul on Oct 31, 2015, 10:23:16 AM
I bought my legacy multi amulet last month for <1ex. Removed garbage mods and made 1 stat. nothing stopping others from doing this for the time being. I think you are highly overrating crit right now. My characters are all non crit now, amulet rotting in stash.
Last edited by Lordsidro on Oct 31, 2015, 10:18:33 AM
"
Lordsidro wrote:
I bought my legacy multi amulet last month for <1ex. Removed garbage mods and made 1 stat. nothing stopping others from doing this for the time being. I think you are highly overrating crit right now. My characters are all non crit now, amulet rotting in stash.

You can't overrate crit man. It's clear cut and you're easily doing 4-5x your damage output while others are pushing 6-8x. Plus the dps nodes/weapon dps isn't lacking in those tree areas or weapon bases. You take a 800dps RT, grab every dps node you can and a 400dps dagger/bow/sword grabbing the usual dps in their area+crit will naturally out dps you in real time not just on paper by huge amounts. My Bino's shadow using rags and acrobatics > my old 772dps 2h with legacy kaoms.
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
Lordsidro wrote:

You can't overrate crit man. It's clear cut and you're easily doing 4-5x your damage output while others are pushing 6-8x. Plus the dps nodes/weapon dps isn't lacking in those tree areas or weapon bases. You take a 800dps RT, grab every dps node you can and a 400dps dagger/bow/sword grabbing the usual dps in their area+crit will naturally out dps you in real time not just on paper by huge amounts. My Bino's shadow using rags and acrobatics > my old 772dps 2h with legacy kaoms.

I meant spells mainly. You must not know me, I don't melee :p That's barbaric <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info