Enhancing Poison

I have mixed feelings about this. I had planned to make a viper strike ignite with oros sacrifice and emberwake, but i guess thats not happening now.... Meh ill find a new way to make something fun.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
"
Raghin wrote:
I have mixed feelings about this. I had planned to make a viper strike ignite with oros sacrifice and emberwake, but i guess thats not happening now.... Meh ill find a new way to make something fun.

Oros could be interesting with snakebite once this all gets released... maybe my legacy will be worth something than heh
Toss a Chaos to your Leader
OH Red Maps a Plenty
oh Red Maps a Plenty
OHHH
Toss a Chaos to your Leader
"
ihasmario wrote:

Every non-burn DoT skill (with the exception of PA, which needs a nerf) needs to be reworked and probably tweaked up.

not really sure what to make of that tbh. Dots are bad, except the many burn dots that have dominated the meta for years, poison arrow which has been insanely strong through many periods, puncture which is absolutely nuts... So dots are bad expect all the amazing dots that have been op for long periods of time.

not rly sure all this voltaxic, apeps etc is a good idea, not everything involving chaos damage is going to be good for poisoning I think. How many people are doing voltaxic poison arrow? Oh but its chaos damage bow and chaos skill so much be amazing right? Not rly. You have to look at the scaling of what you are doing.
"
Faustooctavo wrote:
Can we get a new single target Poison Arrow that does work with this mechanic?

Or maybe one that works like the special ammunition used by the viral snipers over in RA2: Yuri's Revenge...
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
Hey Rory make this happen to this new support gem :D

Blood Poisonous
Convert 25% of physical damage in chaos damage;
Hits with physical damage poison the enemies;
5% of physical damage gained as extra chaos damage (14% level 20 gem, 15% level 21 gem);
Quality: 1% of increased physical and chaos damage per 1% quality (20% increased damage in 20% quality).
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Oct 19, 2015, 8:14:40 PM
Please change the DoT master craft from the PvP master when you make these changes. No one wants to do those dailies.
"
digibluez wrote:
new META poison DU DUUUU
Either that or it will be complete fail. There could be no middle ground, at least not in this forum.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
so poison arrow won't deal poison damage anymore? probably just chaos damage? that way it won't get the boost from those new passives, im assuming.

would be nice to get a slight boost in poison arrow damage via those passives though, since there is essentially a super hard cap DPS you can achieve with PA.

either way i don't see this affecting much. as its already been stated, why bother with poison or any degen effects when you can use other skills that one shot everything anyway?

unless its something like a PA build, which allows you to gain damage from purely support gems and weapon mods, allowing you to spec super defensive. poison builds i feel will turn out the same way. it will be best used by building full tank and getting some decent damage via poison while you soak up damage.

but the position of those passives make that kinda...not efficient. will be interesting to see how this goes
"
xMustard wrote:
so poison arrow won't deal poison damage anymore? probably just chaos damage? that way it won't get the boost from those new passives, im assuming.

It will just be a chaos degen, yes, they said as much in the post.
Last edited by Fearmonger on Oct 20, 2015, 2:38:16 AM
"
xMustard wrote:

would be nice to get a slight boost in poison arrow damage via those passives though, since there is essentially a super hard cap DPS you can achieve with PA.

either way i don't see this affecting much. as its already been stated, why bother with poison or any degen effects when you can use other skills that one shot everything anyway?

unless its something like a PA build, which allows you to gain damage from purely support gems and weapon mods, allowing you to spec super defensive. poison builds i feel will turn out the same way. it will be best used by building full tank and getting some decent damage via poison while you soak up damage.

but the position of those passives make that kinda...not efficient. will be interesting to see how this goes

PA never did poison damage. It deals chaos damage. (Well, 6L +3 bow with 30% DoT-mod, lvl4 empower, lvl21 PA, stacking jewels with life+3dmg mods is not really easy and it surely doesn't need a buff lol)

Poison has been in the game for quite some time and is not the same as chaos damage. Good that they change name from poison arrow to make it less confusing.

You're wrong. PA deals flat damage, poison scales with physical and chaos damage, so it will be exactly like scaling any other build; getting imba pDPS that is. However I agree very much with this: "why bother with poison or any degen effects when you can use other skills that one shot everything anyway?"!
HoolaBandoola, creator of all things Hoola and destroyer of Rhoas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info