Star Wars Books

I'm thinking of trying to read at least *one* Star Wars book. I figure if my wife gets to read Harry Potter without any modicum of shame, then I get to read at least one Star Wars book. Any views as to where I should start? I have no idea what's canon and what's not, or if it even matters.

Anyway, tips on where to start (as long as it's good) are much appreciated.

P.
Timothy Zahn, primarily the Admiral Thrawn trilogy he did.

I would also recommend the entire New Jedi Order series, which I think is 22 books/ebooks - just note that there is some wildly variable quality of writing as a lot of authors contributed.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Splinter of the Mind's Eye is enjoyable. It was the first Star Wars sequel book (1978) written by the same author who did the ghost writing for the original Star Wars novel, Alan Dean Foster.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
That book has a really creepy vibe going on, thanks to Foster not knowing that Luke/Leia were related.

The Yuzzem (?) were a cool addition, but I think Lucas added them into the rerelease version of RotJ as some kind of weird looking fuzzy toy thinggies.

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

"
That book has a really creepy vibe going on, thanks to Foster not knowing that Luke/Leia were related.

The Yuzzem (?) were a cool addition, but I think Lucas added them into the rerelease version of RotJ as some kind of weird looking fuzzy toy thinggies.

I don't know how much backstory Lucas had when he gave Foster all that leeway to flesh out the Star Wars lore.

If only Vader had gone onto the Darth Maury show sooner, then all those awkward sibling moments could have been avoided.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Foster does a really good job of creating a that world, though. I remember it as being one of the easiest books to visualise as I was reading.

I forgot to mention that Zombie Star Wars book... can't remember what it is called. It has Han and Chewie in it, which is a bonus.

EDIT: Death Troopers, thanks google.

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Oct 21, 2015, 5:16:57 AM
Star Wars: Darth Plagueis

is a very good star wars book about the master of Palpatine and how palpatine became a sith.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Oct 21, 2015, 6:36:02 AM
Today I learned there are Star Wars books...

Am I about to get my Internet Membership confiscated?
You believe that to defeat an enemy who will stop at nothing, you must stop at nothing. How is that different than "blood must have blood"?
You want to know something creepy?

The Timothy Zahn books hit the top of the New York Times Best Sellers list when they were released.

I can't seem to find the thrawn trilogy in anything other than audible (at least in the UK), any tips where to buy it in kindle form (UK kindle store doesn't have it afaik)...?!

Reading Darth plagueis for the moment, seems good so far. Thanks for the tips.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info