Coming back to check out expansion!!

So I came back after a while.... Apparently over a year for some of my characters as I lost certain names ><

Which I don't want to go too far into but i feel like is a complete slap in the face to older supporters of the game.

The thing I wanted to note that I feel has not changed since I left.. Is Micro transactions ( I was here when they brought the shop on line)

When it first came out I thought they were being overzealous with the pricing.. I come back and nothing has changed!! I find this quite shocking... I just don't understand why their micro store is so expensive.. I have never in my life have seen a store so expensive.. I go to popular items and most of them are 10+ if not more.. Extra tabs cost 15-20 dollars... Might as well asked people the just purchase the fricken game.... I currently check the store and feel like everything is just materialistic... Yet they cost as much as games and expansions do from regular developers...

I still have yet to give the developers any money because of this :(.. I really wish they orginally sold this game.. The free to play modal does work.. I have seen it... GGG did not do it well and I feel like they could of made more money and made their game even better if they just sold the dang thing!

I'm going to try to level up a new guy... But I don't see me staying long honestly ><
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
people support this game because it IS free to play. that's one fact.

another one is the communication between community and devs (which may seem onesided at some points).

third point is - even bought games do have limited stashs which u can never upgrade for more space (here it is meant only for people that A] have fallen prey to the hoarder syndrome or B] just want to take it easy and have some extra space). there are a lot of guys out there that still stick to original number of 4 pages.

fourth point: i've been playing this game for over 4 years now, which other game could you name that you'd have played that long for FREE? in the meantime you'd prolly have spent around 100$ for either another similar game + DLC's or a couple other games (that u did walkthrough in a few months and lost interest soon after).

fifth point: u still get new expansions every now and then, some small, some quite large. and guess what, for FREE.

so to keep it balanced it doesn't hurt to spent 20$ every now and then for a stash tab bundle OR even wait for special sale where u can nearly get two of those packs for the price of one.

i'd call that a fair trade.
ig: rokki_xXx
Again I compared this to other micro transaction games... AKA Other free games... Go show me another micro transaction that charge as much as GGG does... The game was very hyped when in production and I bet they could of made quite a bit of money.

Steam - Dota 2, lol and even Heroes of the Storm new blizzard free game are good examples.. I mean having epic expensive items have their purpose.. For people that really want to show their support and have a physical representation of that. This however should not out weigh the cheaper quick items that cost 1-4 dollars.. 5 dollars MAX!!! They don't give a lot of options for this... I'm not the only one that thinks this. I honestly believe this game could of gotten better funded if they had just made everything 25-50% cheaper... 6-10 people purchase a 5 dollar item oppose to 1 person purchasing a 30 dollar item... I love their free to play model.... I will never pay more then 5 dollars on materialistic items.. Mostly no more then 2 dollars honestly...

Also I wouldn't consider not logging in for a year "hording" If POE wanted their community to have access to names they should of created a unique account name option like everyone is doing. Everyone knows if you invest your time on the release of a new online game you get originals... I was actually able to get my one characters name back because it was not very original lol... I just feel like doing this was very bad idea IMO ><

No major game does this for a reason lol... They don't want to slap their old customers in the face to reward their new ones....

Also hundreds of dollars on a game similar... lol jokes... Wait for the original price to go down.. I got into d3 full expansion for 40 dollars.. ( that price for original game and expansion )
Last edited by Ravonus on Oct 14, 2015, 12:31:07 PM
This is the first complaint I've seen about the name recycling... I thought it was a fantastic idea. Most of the players that haven't picked up the game in so long won't be coming back. OP is probably one of very few players that were actually affected by the change.

As for the transactions, yeah, some of the nicer armor sets are kinda expensive and so are some of the skill effects. Why? The game is 100% free and is releasing TONS of content. Also, the microtransactions can be reused infinite times on multiple characters, which means that you only have to buy it ONCE, and you never need to again (stash tabs and skin transfers are another story). Also, if you played the 1-month, you could get a FULL SET OF GOOD LOOKING ARMOR FOR FREEEEEE. I did, it's awesome!

As for stash tabs, it kinda gives you an advantage in-game, and is GGG's main money source. Why shouldn't they charge a lot for it? People will buy it. I bought it. It was 110% worth it.

OP is complaining that a free-to-play game is too expensive. Wait for the sales, it makes stuff cheap.

^ is one of my favorites so far :D
I wish I had had the money to get the pilgrim hat when it was for sale :(
Omg ... This community ..... All of my post have been COMPARING OTHER FREE TO PLAY GAMES.... I understand its free to play.. I am saying other games that share the same model that are possible the richest games on the market right now... Do not charge this much.. Every transaction i have done in Dota 2 and heroes have been under 5 dollars... I have given Valve over 100 dollars because of this over the 3+ years I have been playing dota... Every time I log into exile i check out the new items at the shop... I find things I like... Check prices and go hmm free to play game.. I don't need item.. I'm going to skip it...

And go to the announcement I am not the only one that got effected and lost their characters names... Again its a great idea for "new customers and or people that were already playing the game" It doesn't help anyone that wants to try to game again and come back.. If that is 2% of the people or 50%.

I am done though figure I would give GGG my two cents..
Last edited by Ravonus on Oct 15, 2015, 11:47:02 AM
ill never be able to understand how people complain about cosmetics mtx and their prices in a free to play game (ok i partially can understand complaints about stashtab prices), but well lets forget about that for the moment.

imo the best or cheapest way to buy stuff in poe is with getting supporter packs. supporter packs already include mtx effects and beside that you also get the nearly same amount of point for the cost of the supporter pack as if you would buy em directly. so thats like a big discount on points. lets take the actual axiom pack as example, the 60$ one. you get 2 weapon effects, an amulet effect and a character portrait frame (and some other non mtx stuff). aaand also 550 points which would cost you 55$ to buy!

then just wait till the stash tab bundles are on sale (usually over one weekend per month theres a stashtab sale) and you can get loads of tabs with those 550pts.

all of this for 60$ seems quite fair to me...
"
Ravonus wrote:
Omg ... This community ..... All of my post have been COMPARING OTHER FREE TO PLAY GAMES.... I understand its free to play.. I am saying other games that share the same model that are possible the richest games on the market right now... Do not charge this much.. Every transaction i have done in Dota 2 and heroes have been under 5 dollars... I have given Valve over 100 dollars because of this over the 3+ years I have been playing dota... Every time I log into exile i check out the new items at the shop... I find things I like... Check prices and go hmm free to play game.. I don't need item.. I'm going to skip it...

And go to the announcement I am not the only one that got effected and lost their characters names... Again its a great idea for "new customers and or people that were already playing the game" It doesn't help anyone that wants to try to game again and come back.. If that is 2% of the people or 50%.

I am done though figure I would give GGG my two sense..

You compared PoE and GGG to games/companies like Valve (steam) and Blizzard. They gathered billions of dollars before they ever tried a f2p game... and while GGG only has PoE and a limited playerbase of aRPG gamers... the other companies don't care, they have multiple games in the pipeline.

Btw... my Diablo2 chars (not only the names!!) got deleted after me being off for more than 100 days... GG blizzard.... GG!

I've seen a lot of f2p games... rising and falling... having all kinds of f2p models, most of them are dead already, PoE is still here... I don't think they are doing much wrong in this regard.
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
"
Ravonus wrote:
Omg ... This community ..... All of my post have been COMPARING OTHER FREE TO PLAY GAMES.... I understand its free to play..

Omg this guy.............................................................
I think you don't understand.
There is a difference between free2play games and PoE's F2P. Truly free to play.

"F2P" games which have refine stones (+1 or +10, doesn't matter) in their shops, exp boosters etc
And PoE which have purely cosmetic MTXs (yes, you can play without stash tabs; this shit was discussed 100+ times already)
Sure. Reasonable comparison...
"
Ravonus wrote:
I am saying other games that share the same model that are possible the richest games on the market right now... Do not charge this much.. Every transaction i have done in Dota 2 and heroes have been under 5 dollars... I have given Valve over 100 dollars because of this over the 3+ years I have been playing dota... Every time I log into exile i check out the new items at the shop... I find things I like... Check prices and go hmm free to play game.. I don't need item.. I'm going to skip it...

You already spent 100+$ on "free2play game" while you could have been playing PoE without spending a dime!
And you're saying that PoE is bad at MTX pricing?
MTXs which are COMPLETELY optional for gameplay and immersion.
Any "DLC" in PoE is also FREE. Want me to remind you the prices of add-ons in some other online games?

"
Ravonus wrote:

E-mail support. They might help you with the charaacter name.
"
Ravonus wrote:

Two what?
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
Ravonus wrote:
Omg ... This community ..... All of my post have been COMPARING OTHER FREE TO PLAY GAMES.... I understand its free to play..

Omg this guy.............................................................
I think you don't understand.
There is a difference between free2play games and PoE's F2P. Truly free to play.

"F2P" games which have refine stones (+1 or +10, doesn't matter) in their shops, exp boosters etc
And PoE which have purely cosmetic MTXs (yes, you can play without stash tabs; this shit was discussed 100+ times already)
Sure. Reasonable comparison...
"
Ravonus wrote:
I am saying other games that share the same model that are possible the richest games on the market right now... Do not charge this much.. Every transaction i have done in Dota 2 and heroes have been under 5 dollars... I have given Valve over 100 dollars because of this over the 3+ years I have been playing dota... Every time I log into exile i check out the new items at the shop... I find things I like... Check prices and go hmm free to play game.. I don't need item.. I'm going to skip it...

You already spent 100+$ on "free2play game" while you could have been playing PoE without spending a dime!
And you're saying that PoE is bad at MTX pricing?
MTXs which are COMPLETELY optional for gameplay and immersion.
Any "DLC" in PoE is also FREE. Want me to remind you the prices of add-ons in some other online games?

"
Ravonus wrote:

E-mail support. They might help you with the charaacter name.
"
Ravonus wrote:

Two what?

lol have you ever played dota??? ALl the games I mentioned are truly free to play as well... I payed 100 dollars FOR COSMETIC MATERIAL.... I am comparing apples to apples actually... This is now the 3rd time I have repeated myself and explained I was comparing it with other truly free to play games. Not Pay To Play free to play games.

The other poster brought up a good point though and is the most logical I have seen... As these other companies Have had a lot more funding prior creating their free to play game. I can see why they would try to make a bit more money... But my point was if they made things cheaper they would of had a higher player base and more people making smaller purchases thus giving them more money. Ultimately GGG had to make a decision and they decided high price items to try to overcome their cost... I just feel like if they did a mix they would of brought in more supporters.. The guys that like small purchases that they don't have to budget for or even think about... and the people that want to show off how much money and support they can provide to the game.
Last edited by Ravonus on Oct 15, 2015, 2:26:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info