2 dps's value on tooltip

First of all, I like seeing my dps on the tool tip what can I do?

(Second of all) English is not my native language, so, any doubts feel free to ask.

So guys, here is what I was thinking about (if it's crap just say "it is crap because of reasons")

What if the tooltip shows 2 dps's values like that:

- One dps value that is showing right now, nothing changes;
- The second dps value would be calculated based on dps caused to life of a single mob during the last level (maybe other parameter).

further explanation:

It would count the damage dealt to each mob hitted and divide by the time it was caused (dps) and it would calculate the average dps of all damage dealt to all mobs hitted (one by one) for the last level of the character and displays it in the tooltip.

the damage would be counted after all mob's mitigation (damage in the life of the mob), so yeah, after the curse meaning that would be an instable dps count but that would be fixed with the long period of measurement.

obs1: the first level that dps would be 0.
obs2: any other parameter can be used like, dps after X mobs killed, X time period or so.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
So what happens when I change the skill I use? The linked supports? Gear? Random auras from random party members? The new passive? In the early levels this would have a huge impact in the later levels I might pick a build-changing keystone.
that would take a long time to update the dps, later on the game it cant be last level, need to be something else, but thats why the first dps would still be displayed so you can see your dps when you change these things
This is useless for the named reasons. For both: low and high level, probably for middle level too.

If and only if it has a chance of being useful than the data has to be taken from the last hour not from last level or other stupid references.

Additional you have the problem of balance patches, if I stopped leveling and the data is from a different version it is crap too.
but then you just have to kill some mobs, easy to update ur dps, and thats not a single value, you would still have the old dps showing there in the tool tip but you would also have an additional value showing this new one, there would be no drawbacks, if you are confused just look the old one

I said this "stupid" (I am not complaining, just specifying which reference I am talking about) reference because if you run a resistance map your second dps would be really low... with a larger reference that wouldn't happen
Last edited by alexhsp on Oct 15, 2015, 7:49:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info