my thoughts on what really sucks

the baddest is the lag that your machine puts on you and POE doesnt count. hell put minimum requirements to i5/ssd/8mb mem/ like 90 % of my deaths were due to machine/server lag.
Is it fair? no
Also we had a few days experiencing loss of maps. even in the league i have lost high-rolled map due to mods change/ is it fair? pretty sure losing a map due to mods change is NOT a feature?
do we have reimbursement?
NO really. ppl lose tons of chaos/chisels at a time mods getting changed/
its a whoops? who answers for that shit?
im sorry but it all far from being serious.

Also i quit playing last time reaching dominus cuz it was totally not optimized -
laggy to a point when u fucking just enter the area and spam skills
NOW dominus works ok. but guess what we have piety/malachai that lags just AS bad
please optimize the shit BEFORE putting it public. or make act 4 optional on cruel

Allready noone/ you read it no=fucking=one. does that shit on merciless
As a returnee with like 5ex gear it took me around 30 deaths and 1 hour of time. Ratarded? player friendly?

Sorry if it may sound harsh but its my returnee-impressions. i think with GOOD gear and nice build you should feel powerful at the end of merciless. now a whimp.
Last edited by Shadokil on Oct 13, 2015, 6:20:06 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
- The map thing is being looked into, there's a thread of thousands of people ranting about how they lost their maps.

- Dominus has one big issue: RAIN
Why the fuck can't we turn that shit off? Nobody likes it, it fucks your FPS up beyond comprehension.

- Piety in Ac4 is imo sort of fine, in exceptance of Merciless, but nobody kills her and/or Malachai on Merciless, yet GGG think they're fine.

- Malachai is a huge fucking mess..:
TAKES A DECADE TO FIGHT
BORING MECHANICS
CLUTTERED SCREEN OF RED SO EVERYTHING BLENDS INTO ONE AND ANOTHER
FPS DOWN THE DRAIN
I seriously hate this shit design of a boss.

PoE in its current state is by no means new player friendly, and that's really unfortunate.
All my friends I tried to get into it gave up rather fast.
- Endgame is super boring
- Everything is decided by shitty RNG (can we please remove RNG-factor from this game?)
- Only a few viable builds
Together with forced Support Gems, else enjoy dick-tickling

All in all, I agree with you, I'm seriously done with PoE, really feel like GGG handled the game badly lately.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
well my point is:
a4 merciless is WAY harder then middle tier maps.
oh i just dont even mention new league :P
but making those kaom/daresso/malachai just for rare unid map please :
i have no idea how to do it deathless. maybe if ggg can preload more shit
most deaths - malachai, lags. can we please do it even more flashy?
no really. if you have a HARD boss. do it lagless. do it flashless. since every single fps will win a day for ppl.
Also just point out for new players that in merciless all they need is grab a few skillpoints as they are able and best tactics is just to have lab WP and start levelling on maps after twilight strand :P
Act 4 is more difficult on purpose in Merciless. Theoretically, that act should be like a sort of parallel endgame to farm items. The jury is out on this one, of course.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
@Derpey

REMOVE RNG you say! hahaha blasphemer! And how are you going to REMOVE rng?

There's plenty of ways..? Use your imgination, I know you're not the fast-thinker, but c'mon man.
Master Crafting was one way towards the right thing to do (even though they somehow fucked those up too), but it's just 1 stat, and leveling Masters gets tedious as hell at later stages.

You can enable pseudo-rolls on socketing/fusing gear to make sure people want to Jewel/Fuse their own gear, let's face it, the whole Socket/Link system was fun back in Closed/Open Beta, but now it's just annoying that we're held back by such a game changer.

Therenext make Strongboxes drop actual stuff instead of 3x Wisdom Scrolls when it got a ton of suicide mods? Where's the risk vs. reward in this game anyways? It's just a dice roll, rigged to favor the house.

Not sure with others, but I'm a bit tired of just hoarding up a stash of currencies until I reach endgame, and then just use them as a 100 dollar bill to buy what other people find, which isn't even better than my placeholder self-found junk.

Crafting is a fucking mess, because it's a "RANDOM" mod generator, it might be really good when you get something good, but 99,5% of the time it'll give you insanely low rolls on a stat or a useless stat even.
You could make gear with higher iLv have a higher chance of rolling higher itemlevel mods, but I'm not sure if that'd be a good idea.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Last edited by Derpey on Oct 14, 2015, 6:25:28 AM
I've had a displeasure of playing through Act 4 on a less powerful machine than I normally use (GTX 780 Ti). To say it's 'not optimized' is a huge understatement!

I had no issues with lag on this mediocre Intel HD 4000 (Dominus was mostly fine, except minor spikes) until I got to Act 4. But there... OMG! I had no idea how terrible the video lag could be even with the minimal settings. The assorted fire effects in Kaom's areas would slow me down to like 5 fps. Shavronne would simply freeze me for several seconds every time she popped her lightning books - I had to pretty much guess where to stand in advance. Malachai became almost impossible so look at in the final stage where he uses everything.

And despite Lockstep being on, the game didn't wait for me. I guess it's because it was not network lag.

Act 4 graphics are so much worse than anything else! But I've never noticed it with a good video card. I assume they have very good machines at the GGG offices. They need to try it on a low end system.
died 6 times today on norm malachai... had 1-3 fps the entire fight. dom i stay 1-5, blood rain making me almost freeze till i'm dead. kaom is about the same for me as dom.. about 1-5 till theres fireballs and mobs everywhere. i think deresso was about 3-8 fps. but alas, none of my fps statements mean anything, had texture quality in production_config set to 5 with my resolution being 800x600 windowed fullscreen and all other settings as low as they go... but i'm using a desktop pc from 2006-2008 with ati radeon hd 4200 onboard graphics (pc was store bought from hp). can't afford to build a new computer yet, waaay to broke... hopefully in the next 2-3 years i'll have something good enough to get decent fps in this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info