Star Wars Battlefront Beta

Did anyone on this forum play it? What did you all think? I've seen a lot of varying thoughts from outright hatred to nostalgic love for the game, so I'm interested to know what people here think.

Personally, I really enjoyed the beta and I LOVED the graphics. Gameplay was solid and Walker Assault was fun, even as the rebels. It persuaded me to preorder the game (not the deluxe edition). My only gripe was that there was a lack of infantry anti-vehicle weapons to use, which will likely be in the full game.

I'm looking forward to the full release, what does OT think?
Myself and a group of friends were all pretty excited for the game. After playing the beta none of us will be pre-ordering/buying it at release.

The way vehicles and other usables spawned was just the worst, not to mention player spawns. Simply moving the mouse left and right to turn while flying was a nightmare to get used to. Just thinking about it again is making me mad.

So disappointed in it.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any help.
It feels so busted atm. Its like a month away from release...eeesh. CoD all day, fuck DICE.

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Oct 12, 2015, 7:05:01 PM
Looks nice. Doesn't seem to be battlefront though from what I've seen of people playing it. Seems more like both sides are throwing soldiers at each other constantly until they figure out who can aim long enough to not die. And then those people get shot by an AT-AT.
Last edited by Aklyon on Oct 12, 2015, 6:56:49 PM
Well that's sad to hear...

To address the criticism so far, I think that a lot of your complaints are related to the mode of play that EA released (Walker Assault) rather than the core gameplay itself. I could be completely wrong, but I think the Supremacy mode is what everyone is looking for in Battlefront. Why they didn't have that in beta is another topic, but that's just my 2 cents about it.

Is there anyone other than myself that actually LIKED it?

As a side note, my most recent and most extensive first-person-shooter experience was Planetside 2, where it IS about both sides (or all 3 sides) throwing soldiers at each other constantly until they figure out who can aim long enough not to die, and then those people get killed by snipers/tanks. I quite enjoyed Planetside 2 because of the massive map and massive battles, along with being free to play.

Battlefront is enjoyable for me because of the fast-paced combat, Star Wars nostalgia, and (bring on the hate) the power-ups and their cool effects.
Planetside 2 is less 'you need to aim' and more 'Grab ye some logistics (or some air support, both are nice), a bunch of medics, and a couple of engineers or other non-infiltrators, then squad/platoon up and get crap done!' (unless you picked NC, in that case you should add 'and complain about how you get too many shotguns compared to the Vanu and the TR in yell chat' :P) As long as you aren't terribly outnumbered and you're in the right general area, just try to direct the zerg at the area and...probably capture the area. At worst they'll hold up a lot of enemies for a bit while your platoon captures something elsewhere. Unless its a biolab. Biolabs are doomy and full of farm.
I expected a Star Wars Battlefield. I got a (quite bad) Star Wars CoD. God damnit EA.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Great sound and look, but the game is as bland as it can get. Nothing like the old star wars battlefield that are few times better that this pile of crap.
"
Xavderion wrote:
I expected a Star Wars Battlefield. I got a (quite bad) Star Wars CoD. God damnit EA.

Not. Even. Close. That would have been amazing. The controls and the guns feel like absolute garbage, it's 100% an EA game. Plz don't throw CoD in that boat. I'll stick to the razor sharp controls and sick gunplay.

Pew Pew lazers with 0 recoil feel like absolute shit.

E: Also, map design. We've only seen one map for blk ops 3 and the one for sw:bf. I like the tight design of CoD as opposed to the padded empty space in a battlefield game, soooo slowwwww paced.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Oct 13, 2015, 7:07:31 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Not. Even. Close. That would have been amazing. The controls and the guns feel like absolute garbage, it's 100% an EA game. Plz don't throw CoD in that boat. I'll stick to the razor sharp controls and sick gunplay.

Pew Pew lazers with 0 recoil feel like absolute shit.

E: Also, map design. We've only seen one map for blk ops 3 and the one for sw:bf. I like the tight design of CoD as opposed to the padded empty space in a battlefield game, soooo slowwwww paced.

Yeah if it were a good CoD I wouldn't even be mad though I don't like CoD that much. But this is just meh.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info