Are you a caster? Are you tired of being interrupted?

Well I have the solution for you!

We have been working in laboratories for a long time now, mixing substances and testing their effects and we have finally came up with the correct recipe!

I present to you the Crystal Flask!

"
Rarity: Normal
Crystal Flask
--------
Lasts 3 Seconds
Consumes 30 of 60 Charges on use
Currently has 60 Charges
+30% chance to Avoid interruption from Stuns while Casting
--------
Requirements:
Level: xx
--------
Item Level: xx
--------
Right click to drink. Can only hold charges while in belt. Refills as you kill monsters.

I thought I'd share this idea... I've been killed many times by the interruption of my skills as a caster, sometimes it would waste my Vaal Discipline, others it would cancel my Lightning Warp...
I just don't feel like my Arc Witch should be going for higher armour or evasion, so avoiding interruptions seems like a very interesting thing.

Note that this could also be a spawnable affix on any already existing flask...
Example :

"
Rarity: Magic
Surgeon's Ruby Flask of Focus
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Lasts 4.20 (augmented) Seconds
Consumes 30 of 60 Charges on use
Currently has 60 Charges
+10% to maximum Fire Resistance (augmented)
+50% to Fire Resistance (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 14
--------
Item Level: 78
--------
+30% chance to Avoid interruption from Stuns while Casting
Recharges 1 Charge when you deal a Critical Strike
--------
Right click to drink. Can only hold charges while in belt. Refills as you kill monsters.

Let me know what you think! Reply if you like, Exiles! :)
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I don't think a lot of people would use this.
I don't think a lot of people are using Quartz Flasks.

Maybe add this effect to Quartz Flasks?
"
SuperMotte wrote:
I don't think a lot of people would use this.
I don't think a lot of people are using Quartz Flasks.

Maybe add this effect to Quartz Flasks?

That's an interesting idea!
In my opinion the flask would be useful to many builds, just not all.
I would gladly sacrifice an elemental flask for this one, but the mod being rollable on any already existing flask is also a pretty tempting idea! :)
Neat idea but would need a different name imo. Ruby, Sapphire, Topaz, Diamond, Amethyst, and Quartz are all forms of crystals. There are plenty of other gemstones to pick from tho. :)

Also, typically "crystal" refers to Quartz since it's the second most abundant mineral on the planet.

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Wouldn't be used, not even if it was fused with Quartz..
We're lacking Flask options atm, giving us more random ones won't do jackshit.

Right now you're forced into specific Flask mods:
- Instant/Bubbling for quick heals
- Curse removal
- Armour/Evasion
- MS% Quicksilvers, however some uses mobility skills instead
- RESIST FLASKS

Like, there's no space for more flasks right now, if you added the effect as a UNIQUE on a Quartz and high duration, such as 10 seconds, I'd use it.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
"
Shovelcut wrote:
Neat idea but would need a different name imo. Ruby, Sapphire, Topaz, Diamond, Amethyst, and Quartz are all forms of crystals. There are plenty of other gemstones to pick from tho. :)

Also, typically "crystal" refers to Quartz since it's the second most abundant mineral on the planet.

You're right, I didn't spend any time trying to find a decent name for it, I just went with as simple as I knew. Another mineral would be cool for a name!

"
Derpey wrote:
Wouldn't be used, not even if it was fused with Quartz..
We're lacking Flask options atm, giving us more random ones won't do jackshit.

Right now you're forced into specific Flask mods:
- Instant/Bubbling for quick heals
- Curse removal
- Armour/Evasion
- MS% Quicksilvers, however some uses mobility skills instead
- RESIST FLASKS

Like, there's no space for more flasks right now, if you added the effect as a UNIQUE on a Quartz and high duration, such as 10 seconds, I'd use it.

As a low-life Arc Witch I don't find myself using any Instant/Bubbling and didn't before I turned my Witch into a low-life because I then used Chaos Innoculation.
No armour/evasion either, since focus of the build is Energy Shield.

My set of flasks is a Divination Distilliate, the 3 elemental flasks (even though I really only need Topaz) and a Quicksilver.
I could easily play without Ruby and Sapphire flasks, I really only use them for the bleed removal.

Thanks to you guys for your input! I'd like to see more opinions. :)
Good idea, but I think ultimately the approach is flawed. Reason being in my experience the biggest problem is not "stun while casting" but the more fatal "stun while 'trying' to move". Casting stuns happen, but they have caused me much less problems than then the more fatal "omg I'm stuck in this spot even though I've been trying to move for last 5sec but I've been chain-stunned".

Imo feels like the "avoid interrupt while casting" nodes are utterly garbage when it comes down to it, since the worst hits will cause a gigantic stun always, and if a player sees the damage coming or knows to expect it, the first instinct is to manually move the char out of danger. Of course, getting perma-stunned negates the possibility and is utterly devastating.

Either take Unwavering Stance or use Eye of Chayula. Those are the only 2 100% sure and worthwhile options for casters plagued by stuns. Anything else is relying on chance or otherwise hopeful of error-free gameplay (I will say this becomes near impossible on tier 10+ maps, as hard hits by bosses at some point cannot be avoided and will cause stun on hit if they connect 99.9% certainty). A couple prime examples are Megaera and Village Ruin bosses. Goddamn those are ridiculous for causing chain-stuns. These flasks in OP will be useless in those cases.
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
"
Peripherally wrote:
Good idea, but I think ultimately the approach is flawed. Reason being in my experience the biggest problem is not "stun while casting" but the more fatal "stun while 'trying' to move". Casting stuns happen, but they have caused me much less problems than then the more fatal "omg I'm stuck in this spot even though I've been trying to move for last 5sec but I've been chain-stunned".

Imo feels like the "avoid interrupt while casting" nodes are utterly garbage when it comes down to it, since the worst hits will cause a gigantic stun always, and if a player sees the damage coming or knows to expect it, the first instinct is to manually move the char out of danger. Of course, getting perma-stunned negates the possibility and is utterly devastating.

Either take Unwavering Stance or use Eye of Chayula. Those are the only 2 100% sure and worthwhile options for casters plagued by stuns. Anything else is relying on chance or otherwise hopeful of error-free gameplay (I will say this becomes near impossible on tier 10+ maps, as hard hits by bosses at some point cannot be avoided and will cause stun on hit if they connect 99.9% certainty). A couple prime examples are Megaera and Village Ruin bosses. Goddamn those are ridiculous for causing chain-stuns. These flasks in OP will be useless in those cases.

Cannot be stunned is crap... I like my Cast on Stun more than those Cast on Damage Taken. It is actually more reliable. :P
"
Peripherally wrote:

Well I'm going to have to partly agree with you, moving around is pretty hard when you're cornered by monsters, but if it wasn't for the interruption in casting, I wouldn't have any problem Lightning Warping out of there... Nor would I have any problem casting my Vaal Discipline!
I often find myself losing all my souls because the monsters have interrupted by Vaal aura... I find this pretty ridiculous, because the main idea of Vaal Discipline and Vaal Grace is that you want to use them when you're in trouble.
Now the auras being canceled, the Lightning Warp (already pretty damn unreliable if we compare to Teleport back in Diablo II) being almost uncastable... I mean I understand you shouldn't be able to freely move around when assaulted by many monsters, but casting shouldn't require you to be alone, like seriously.
And yeah these bosses are a NOPE on all my characters... -_-"
a custom interrupt handler routine in poe ! nice !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info