How should incinerate be rebalanced? Vote now

http://poal.me/kklg6x

I made a thread on reddit a day ago. GGG does listen to feedback, so let's tell them what we think. It's gotten nearly 200 responses so far.

If your choice isn't there, put out some ideas in this thread, and hopefully GGG will listen.
Last edited by zalfargia on Oct 9, 2015, 8:26:17 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Where's the option to leave it alone?

I vote to change the critical chance from 0% to 7%, and leave everything else the way it is.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
How about you stop worrying about people eh? Sounds good to me.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I'm a bit tired of persistent nerfs to be honest, incinerate is not op, just effective and worth using as a spell. Other less used skills need rebalancing (not just damage but their effect, kind of like how shock nova was revamped, and EK). This would also automatically freshen up the meta. I don't think its damage is op, I think thats the benchmark other spells should strive for.
Incinerate does have it all though: range, damage that increases over time, good damage, ability to switch to single target, a cone damage pattern which just to boot can be rotated without damage loss, and that makes it an easy choice for a spellcaster, especially in hc where you want to be as efficient as possible so as to be able to focus on defences.

However, if it is to be rebalanced I think it shouldn't be able to work with spell echo. It needs a downside, and naturally it should be that it takes time to reach the highest damage. At the moment its maybe too fast. More damage multiplier and a more cast speed gem is too good.
Last edited by Drakkon1 on Oct 9, 2015, 9:08:31 PM
It feels in a good place, right now - consistently useful for all classes, good for leveling as well as endgame, not Super OP without siginificant tree and gear investment, and it is geared more towards being useful in solo play as opposed to dominating in party play.

Any little change won't make a difference, so you'd need to hit it hard, but doing that would remove a very good skill from the available pool of entry-level scalable skills.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
LEAVE IT... it's my new Skill after Flameblast 20/20 turned into Vaal Flameblast 20/20 and my Fireball 20/20 turned into Vaal Fireball 20/20.

Take Incinerate away from me and I have nothing left. :(
A lot of Orb of Regrets were used to remove useless crit stuff...
Leave it be.
No option to leave it be = legit poll
its the goto skill of choice for a non crit spell caster build and its not OP at all, only if it had like 5-7% crit it would be OP
It is not OP. I have seen a lot more OP stuff. So why not just leave it as it is?

It has quite some drawbacks, like the range without significant investment into the range is not that great (it is great with faster projectiles though), and you have to stand still, meaning that you have to invest significantly into defenses. Some other spells (CoC Discharge, but not only) are a lot more OP than incinerate.

Why do you even care, btw?

The poll is stupid, btw, because it only includes nerf options.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Oct 9, 2015, 11:19:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info