Incinerate question for totem builds

Trying to think of a build I could do for the 1 month league. Yes I know I'm late to the game and I'm also terribly inefficient at levelling since I 95% full clear zones so it takes me 3 days to get to 65. Regardless, I figured I would try it for the remaining league since I have a long weekend coming up to level back to mapping levels.

All this to say, been looking at Flame Totem and Incinerate Totem builds to give myself a chance at finishing higher than level 70 in a new league where I don't have access to all my self found stored loot.

Flame Totem builds go LMP/GMP.
Incinerate self cast builds go LMP/GMP.
Incinerate totems builds don't.

Why? What am I missing or not understanding. Why are Incinerate totems not using LMP/GMP (other than the Sire of shards builds). I would prefer to go incinerate since it's damage will be higher (being self found so crit builds are harder to gear for) but I just don't understand how you can go without GMP for efficiency in area clearing.

I would think of going:
4L: Incinerate + Spell Totem + Faster Casting + GMP
5L: Add Fire Penetration
6L: hahahaha like I'm going to get a 6L in this limited amount of time

Appreciate any comments, even if they are that I type too much to ask a simple question.
I am using fp on my flame totem build not lmp. It isn't too late to join the fun! I got 5 challenges done by sunday with a very stressful (sadly, not extended) weekend.
Censored.
You can use
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rain_of_Splinters
unique jewel
and "free up" 1 slot
(not to mention, that the jewel has "reduced damage" penalty instead of LMP\GMP "less damage" one)
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
You can use
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rain_of_Splinters
unique jewel
and "free up" 1 slot
(not to mention, that the jewel has "reduced damage" penalty instead of LMP\GMP "less damage" one)

That's brilliant. I quit playing for a few months so jewels are all confusing to me, I can never find one useful enough to spend passive points on since they rarely drop as rare to get more than 1-2mods. But this one is great, no mana multiplier and a reduced instead of less.
Does it stack? Can I have 2 jewels for 5 projectiles or is it not worth it to have more than 3? Is there a quick way to calculate the reduced/less impact? LMP is 15% less at level 20, I would like to know when it becomes equal or better to 40% reduced.
Yeh that jewel is nuts.

Did 4 link:
Inci - lmp - fast cast - fire pen

As soon as i got that rain splinters, switched lmp to faster projectiles.

Clear speed went crazy. Both the dmg buff from removing lmp as the waaaay longer fire beams
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Last edited by Earthslug on Oct 8, 2015, 4:35:59 PM
"
Namcap wrote:
That's brilliant. I quit playing for a few months so jewels are all confusing to me, I can never find one useful enough to spend passive points on since they rarely drop as rare to get more than 1-2mods. But this one is great, no mana multiplier and a reduced instead of less.
Does it stack? Can I have 2 jewels for 5 projectiles or is it not worth it to have more than 3? Is there a quick way to calculate the reduced/less impact? LMP is 15% less at level 20, I would like to know when it becomes equal or better to 40% reduced.

1) This jewel has limitation (to 1 at the time) which can be read in its description.
2) Less damage is more "impactful" than reduced damage.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Modifiers
(in short: reduced damage can be simply "countered" by taking passive nodes or items with increased damage, while less damage counts its penalty on total\final damage)
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
Namcap wrote:
Trying to think of a build I could do for the 1 month league. Yes I know I'm late to the game and I'm also terribly inefficient at levelling since I 95% full clear zones so it takes me 3 days to get to 65. Regardless, I figured I would try it for the remaining league since I have a long weekend coming up to level back to mapping levels.

Spoiler

Spoiler

im sorry what was that about no 6l? in a world where tabby exists .. everyone should have a 6l
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 9, 2015, 1:37:14 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Namcap wrote:

im sorry what was that about no 6l? in a world where tabby exists .. everyone should have a 6l

"
Namcap wrote:
self found

I also find Tabby makes you squishy which I usually prefer to avoid, especially in a totem build where your only defenses are running around (no leech, no life on hit).
I like your take on the build though, going Iron Will and Righteous Fire. I think I will try that on Standard with my old RF character.
"
Namcap wrote:
self found

same question?

I have found a tabby in the last three leagues without fail in the first week and i am considered a casual by most players in my guild and most of my friends.. actually most people really... makes me sad. and I have usually only spent about a day or two farming aqueducts to get 9 humility cards (for my alts).

In fact I dont think i have purchased a tabula rasa ever... or atleast i cant remember it happening.

It is quite an easy item to get , trade or no trade.

granted the other items i listed were traded for because i wanted to see what all the fuss with iron will was about. but i had full resists and 4000 life with 7 life nodes with in reach before i made that decision.

So ill stand by my assertion. tabby is always in reach. the real question is your second quote

"

I also find Tabby makes you squishy which I usually prefer to avoid, especially in a totem build where your only defenses are running around (no leech, no life on hit).
I like your take on the build though, going Iron Will and Righteous Fire. I think I will try that on Standard with my old RF character.

IE is it worth it to your build?

which is a bummer... since the potency you get is well worth the loss of most of your armor stats. Unless you are playing hardcore... plus as a rf build you cna just use a dousing flask and gain 12% hp regen on call.

obviously if i had the money to get a real 6l i would be rocking that. but I am actually quite poor and played pretty much all of my characters to be cheap with the most expensive being 4-5 exa which includes wasting all of those fusings and jewelers rolling things manually (which suuuuuuuuucks)
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 9, 2015, 3:19:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info