Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Standard's Economy right Now

Simple: it's falling down.

One month ago fuses were 45:1. Now people are trying to buy them for 75-80:1.

Not to mention other orbs (alts and chaos, specially).

What would happen if I decided to talk about unique prices? In one month (when the flashback leagues end), you're gonna be able to buy a Shavronne's after 1 hour playing the game for the first time. Yesterday I had to vendor my first Lightning Coil. I mean... Vendoring a Lightning Coil. Can't wait until I do that with my Shavronne's drop, right?

If it was supposed to be this casual, I'd rather play Diablo (at least they have fancy movies which I could enjoy).

Seriously, GGG: What's your idea about this? Was this intended (I mean, to put the game in this level of 'casualness'?) If it was not, is anything going to be changed? I think that increasing the drop rate of T1 uniques to 4 times its previous chance was way too much. At least reduce it now by half and it should be ok. Not as difficult as before, not as easy as now.
♣ IGN: DoctaMagicFinder
♣ My YouTube channel: youtube.com/doctagaming
♠ Proud brazilian player.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You are playing standard worrying about the economy........
"
zachatta wrote:

Sorry, but so what? Am I supposed to play this game waiting all the time for temporary leagues? So am I supposed to quit it in the next month and wait for another (more-of-the-same) league?
♣ IGN: DoctaMagicFinder
♣ My YouTube channel: youtube.com/doctagaming
♠ Proud brazilian player.
Its not the drop rate, but the quality.
Mirror's and mirror items have become even more expensive. Even the old b-quality mirror items.
Also the very good rares above 20ex have been proven to stay valuable.
The same goes for most of the legacy uniques. Facebreaker prices are skyrocketing.

Now with the Awakening patch a lot of the old uniques have become less useful. For example going low life with Shav's is nerfed greatly with the leech nerfs and shav's prices dropped. There are also a lot of shav's on the market. Even before the droprate improvement.
The new Mjolner and Windripper isn't very good anymore. Prices are then lower. People prefer a good rare 1 hand weapon instead of a Mjolner or a +3 bow weapon instead of a Windripper. The meta changed and a lot of the old uniques are not best in slot anymore. Also the new uniques are not that special.

I think the fuse price dropped significantly because the 6L items on normal start to pile up seriously. It is cheaper to buy a 6L instead of crafting it. Crafting costs around 20ex and 6L weapons are available for as low as 2ex and chests as low as 1ex. I bought a (bad but useful) 6L chest for just 1ex!

The only problem I have with standard is that there is a market high up in the food chain, but below 1ex the market seems to be as good as death. Not death as in there are no players, but death as in completely flooded and saturated.

I really would like to see GGG implement a differend league strategy. No new league every 3 months, but new mechanics in the permanent league themselves and a ladder for freshly started characters. Yes, people can boost the leveling greatly by well filled stashes and guildstashes, but it would really ressurect the somewhat death economy and player experience in the non-endgame side of the permanent leagues.
a new tier of uniques should be added to be in line with the increased difficulty of act4, and these should be as rare or more rare than shav/kaom/windripper etc before the drop rate buff

nerf the chrom recipe items dropped by 50% for example
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Oct 8, 2015, 10:37:03 AM
Ive been vendoring coils for a long, long, long time, before they went legacy, nothing new there, youd struggle to sell a coil for 1 chaos even in a temp softcore league 6 months ago.

currency exchange rates just go a little silly when people who play temp leagues come back to standard, that always happens. In standard at a given time chaos might be 30:1, and then a temp league ends where people have been paying 55:1 and they keep trying to use that ratio in standard between leagues.

fusing at 45:1 is odd tho tbh. Historically fusing are 2:1 chaos, its weird that in standard they went to nearly 1:1, that in itself is a strange economic turn that maybe isnt realistic to presume would last forever.

"
DoctaLinker wrote:
"
zachatta wrote:

Sorry, but so what? Am I supposed to play this game waiting all the time for temporary leagues? So am I supposed to quit it in the next month and wait for another (more-of-the-same) league?

Yes, this is exactly what devs would like to have as playerbase.

Anyway, I enjoy playing Standard since OB because a give a shit about economy. I play mostly selffound and if even buy something, it's from currency I loot myself from monsters. So I really don't care about economy state. The worse is, the better for me in the end :)
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Standard
Worry

Does not compute.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Standard economy seems about right.

Everything is nearly worthless trade wise outside of the best items in the game.

People don't know what they want in this game, you increase drop rates they complain nobody wants to buy their shit because everyone else has it.
"
a new tier of uniques should be added to be in line with the increased difficulty of act4, and these should be as rare or more rare than shav/kaom/windripper etc before the drop rate buff

nerf the chrom recipe items dropped by 50% for example

Oh, please not. We have way too many best-in-slot uniques already. BiS should pretty much always be a rare item.

As for the problem of low prices for decent rares: Prices collapse if the item in question drops to people that do not need it. Which is why mediocre rares are worth nothing, decent rares are worth less than a chaos, good rares are worth maybe a chaos and very good rares are worth an exalt or more. Same for uniques like Lightning Coil (which I vendored before 2.0 as well). So the real problem is not the economy, it is the fact that there are more of these items dropping than will ever be needed.

I already proposed a solution for a league where this doesn't have these problems: A league where everything above normal quality is crafted.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1431561

That way, you do not produce insane amounts of worthless crap, and pretty much everything becomes valuable. Even things like a Goldrim would sell for probably more than 10 chaos. Would also be lots of fun.

As for worrying about the standard economy or generally game experience, why would one not worry about it? It is what I play mostly, and saying that one should play temp leagues instead is the same kind of elitism that HC players sometimes have towards SC ones. SC is what most new players and a lot of casuals play, so it is important that it is enjoyable.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info