How much stuff is rotting in stashes?

At the end of every league, stuff that was in the temporary leagues gets moved to permanent ones. Since part of the player base doesn't play in permanent leagues, a lot of stuff remains in stashes, taking the dust without any chance of anyone ever using it again.

I think it would be interesting to know just how much stuff is lost this way.

Do you have some valuable stuff that you don't bother to remove from your stash (because you don't intend to ever use/trade it and it isn't part of a collection)?
What would motivate you to put that stuff back into the economy (either by giving it away, or trading it, etc...)?

Are there interesting things about this subject you would like to share with the community?
I have 5 threads with items from 4 previous leagues. 5 because if I add too many items from warband league to my post browser start freezing.

"
What would motivate you to put that stuff back into the economy (either by giving it away, or trading it, etc...)?

My items are in economy. But not many people want to buy them.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Oct 8, 2015, 4:38:34 AM

I wouldn't exactly say valuable but those 3 are nice uniques that I'm missing in the new league. I wanted to build something with them but as things go...

And they will rot in my Standard stash until I decide to use them. Which might be soon because the new league is becoming really boring for me and my summoner witch is a bugger to play. Fix spectres, GGG! Nobody likes hunting them down before he can start playing properly.
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
Last edited by Col_Jessep on Oct 8, 2015, 4:34:09 AM
"
Honestly? The only thing that would motivate me to put anything into the economy would be streamlined one-click selling to other players, and I respect that GGG don't want that.

I can relate to that, there's a lot of stuff I would trade if it didn't require me to invest so much time into trading. Instead, I simply vendor it or keep it in hope I will find a use for it later.

PS: Charan, if you need help assembling stuff for a character, don't hesitate to message me. I won't be able to give you very valuable stuff, but I may happen to have some low value unique you need, and can keep an eye open for items corresponding to certain requisites for you).

PPS: This offer is for Charan only, no use spamming me in order to try to get a 6-link for free or whatever.
I've actually planned to get rid of some of my stuff. But the trading system so far has prevented me from actually doing it. That and I only have some spare time since Tuesday and was busy playing the game for more than 1 hour a day. :D
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Also, there's a bunch of stuff in standard league from dead HC characters.
I know I have a lot of stuff in ordinary HC leftover from the leagues + all the dead chars rotten away in standard on dead chars.

Sure must be alot!!
I have probably at least 110 pages (counting remove only) that are all full. There are lots of valuable rares and uniques of course, but also a lot of questionable items that are borderline worthless but have a few good stats and I dont want to vendor it. I keep every 5l, all rares with decent rolls, and have multiple pages of pots with good rolls (I have 2 full pages of just Surgeon/seething pots)

I cant bring myself to get rid of any stuff that is decent, I want to sell a lot of it but its such a pain in the ass trying to price stuff and I refuse to spam trade with ripoff prices all day.
"
Eqmuraj wrote:
I have probably at least 110 pages (counting remove only) that are all full. There are lots of valuable rares and uniques of course, but also a lot of questionable items that are borderline worthless but have a few good stats and I dont want to vendor it. I keep every 5l, all rares with decent rolls, and have multiple pages of pots with good rolls (I have 2 full pages of just Surgeon/seething pots)

I cant bring myself to get rid of any stuff that is decent, I want to sell a lot of it but its such a pain in the ass trying to price stuff and I refuse to spam trade with ripoff prices all day.

If you have an active guild, you could put some'a the borderline stuff in the guild stash for other folks to use. That way it dun go to waste, and they can do the same. Much like Tolkien's hobbits and their "mathom house." =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Oct 8, 2015, 10:49:46 AM
I don't know and at this point I'm too afraid to look.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info