Why we dont have any high lvl unique rapier? DESIGN YOURS!

But is Jack the Axe a rapier?

No he is not.

I rest my case.
"
Xenus_Paradox wrote:
But is Jack the Axe a rapier?

No he is not.

I rest my case.

Frankly a rapier that bleed is nothing original and pretty boring. You can even do it with craft or using those 11% bleed already on the swords tree.

Now, let s say she don t create bleed but apply an effect when you produce bleed and it would be more interesting.
Force the players to go on the tree and take bleed nods.
Create a build around it.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Oct 12, 2015, 2:41:49 AM
Why not.

Fencer's Training Sword:

Spiral Foil

Base values
Spoiler
Level requirement: 64
Dexterity requiurement: 212

Damage: 24–55
Crit Chance: 5.5%
Attack pr. Second: 1.60
Damage pr. Second: 64.94

20% increased Global Critical Strike Multiplier

Can't be used while dual-wielding or holding a shield
Can't deal elemental damage

Adds (120-240 to 140-260) Physical Damage
(75-100)% Increased Physical Damage
(8-16)% Increased Attack Speed
(30-40)% Reduced Area of Effect

15% Increased Chance of Parrying
Every hit increases your chance of parrying by 1.5%, stacking up to a total of 15%
Parry stacks lingers for 2 seconds

You never learn, if you don't practice - Daresso

Parry explanation
Spoiler
As Block, but instead strikes back the attack with a small percentage of that damage, disarming the target for X seconds.

A parry is a fencing bladework maneuver intended to deflect or block an incoming attack.

I know it doesn't 100% add up to the whole "parry" idea, but this is the best I could come up with.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
"At Oneness"
Jewelled Foil
Has no sockets
Counts as Unarmed.
Counts as Dual Weilding
Cannot equip a weapon or shield in the off-hand
Last edited by HammurabiJones on Oct 12, 2015, 3:15:38 PM
Base: Harpy Rapier
Implicit:
35% critical strike multiplier

Explicit:
adds (31 to 50) to (63 to 87) cold damage
adds (38 to 61) to (77 to 106) fire damage
adds (4 to 13) to (133 to 166) lightning damage
+30 to 38% critical strike chance
+30 to 38% increased global critical strike multiplier

Unique Explicit:
-Gain a frenzy charge on critical strike
Frenzy charge duration reduced by 50%

So basically it's a flicker + crit ele sword so that you dont have to rely on kill mechanics for frenzy charges.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
unfortunately i don't have the kind of money required to make that happen. still pretty fresh outta college and trying to buy my own place, so priorities. =]

if i were a wealthier man, there's a good chance of it, but it would probably take me well over a year to save that much disposable income haha.
Last edited by Nasreth on Oct 12, 2015, 4:12:17 PM
"
A well rolled rare with a few unique properties.

Not bad. Sane and feasible.

Would you spend a grand to make it happen?

5xT1 plus free frenzy charges at the cost of losing an attack speed suffix isn't exactly what I'd call well rolled or sane. You're immediately better than most mirrored options without requiring an alternative playstyle.
Prylos // RoA Marauder 89+

My godly belt collection - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/334226
Mapping Discussion - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361880/page/1
"
I didn't mean to impugne or accuse. Merely wondering if you'd back the idea that much. It's a lot of cash and the last thing anyone should do is be left with an item design that isn't worth that sort of "investment".

I wouldn't pay a grand to design a rare+ myself. My designs are utterly unique and pay the heavy price of being niche for it.

GGG should see designs like yours and do them anyway. Can't say its well balanced because it hasn't been tested rigorously, but I'd say it's worth rigorous testing!

oh i understand that. no offense taken.

honestly my ideal unique *is* a well rolled rare with an added modifier. something that works specifically well for a build, but due to its well rolled stats can also be used elsewhere with a gratifying effect.

that rapier would obviously work well in a flicker crit-ele build, but that doesn't mean its bad for reave or many other melee skills. there's a lot to be said for an item that gives frenzy charges and simultaneously doesnt gimp your survivability or damage output.

i think the issue with super unique items is that they dont get used often enough because they're designed as a niche thing, and when they're done right they end up creating only one solid build. there's really only one 'correct' way to run mjolner, for example.

and back on the money/worth thing, if i were to design a unique it almost certainly wouldnt be a rapier. i'd probably end up more in the realm of wands because i feel spellcasting is a bit lacking in diversity and that's always been my favorite playstyle in rpgs. just didn't want to go off the original topic so i gave a rapier my best stab (pun intended)
Last edited by Nasreth on Oct 12, 2015, 4:35:33 PM
"
"
Okanitu wrote:
"
A well rolled rare with a few unique properties.

Not bad. Sane and feasible.

Would you spend a grand to make it happen?

5xT1 plus free frenzy charges at the cost of losing an attack speed suffix isn't exactly what I'd call well rolled or sane. You're immediately better than most mirrored options without requiring an alternative playstyle.

Sorry,I meant well as in "good combination".

GGG could easily tweak the numbers in testing, you know.

I don't expect you know much about that process, so just take it from me. This is sane because it wouldn't require much development mechanically. The drawback might need tinkering. But that basic idea is sound.

Granted. Though I'd argue its less sound than simply appealing/mainstream. Anyone playing an ele melee build would almost immediately gravitate towards this by default. The idea is simply too generic imo, doesn't require an alternative play style or unique build to bring out its potential.

For example, take eldritch battery, hegemonys era, pillar of caged, whips ice, soul taker and even your goddess swords. Each has a unique function that typically requires you build your character a specific way to maximize their uniqueness (save perhaps ST which is now often used as an off-hand stat stick). And while some are often the best in slot for their builds (obv whips ice for its build), this is generally true only when the character is built in a very deterministic fashion.

I'd like to see more truly unique uniques and fewer no-brained default go-to's like say....shavs for low life.

My 2c anyways.
Prylos // RoA Marauder 89+

My godly belt collection - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/334226
Mapping Discussion - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361880/page/1
"
Okanitu wrote:
I'd like to see more truly unique uniques and fewer no-brained default go-to's like say....shavs for low life.

My 2c anyways.

But don't you think having a unique that only specifically works with X build is no-brained in its own way? Perhaps for the person designing it, the build is created in a very unique way, but an item like Shavs leaves much up to the person who is actually playing the game. With Shavs there are many low life builds that have been created. There are even other low-life uniques which work very well alongside it.

But with Whispering Ice there is only one skill, and really only one way to build it especially because of the way it scales off int. So for Whispering Ice you follow a guide and get a build, but for Shavs you have room to tinker with it and make your build less mainstream.

I would prefer to see more open ended items so that we can use all the skills in the game. Generic is king when it comes to creativity.
Last edited by Nasreth on Oct 12, 2015, 5:02:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info