Why we dont have any high lvl unique rapier? DESIGN YOURS!

I like rapiers but we dont have the chance to use any high lvl unique one unlike any other kind of weapon.

So what i propose is to design one our selfes, i dnt expect nothing with this thread just have some fun comparing our ideas.

To design one just choose one lvl +55 base rapier and design the mods

Example:
Base item: Dragoon sword (implicit: 12% chance to cause bleeding on hit)
Mods: add (80-100 to 100-120) physical dmg
(120% to 140%) increased phys dmg
50% reduced bleeding damage
You can stack bleeding status
Your bleedings dont cause extra damage while mooving
8% increased atack speed
Changing the bleed effect is not likely possible with a unique... but I'm not the expert. I would actually like to see a dagger/rapier pair of uniques that synergized to give you an awesome duel wielding option.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Changing the bleed effect is not likely possible with a unique... but I'm not the expert. I would actually like to see a dagger/rapier pair of uniques that synergized to give you an awesome duel wielding option.

Already exist some uniques that change some status like burning. The idea is to design a original one and lets see if the devs caught the hint hahaha
Do we know what base Model Goddess Unleashed will be using? Bound was a Rapier which was awesome, but I was disappointed when Scorned was not. Hopefully Unleashed gives us another Unique Rapier which this game is sorely missing.
"
Eternal Sword.

Sorry.

Eternal sword is a normal one handed sword as far as I know.

Im interested in rapier swords range and implcit mods.
Last edited by JamesMMI on Oct 7, 2015, 5:06:09 PM
I've often thought about a rapier unique concept based on Daresso. I think a jeweled rapier or dragoon sword would fit the concept well. Jeweled because its thematically appropriate for a "sword king", plus its fast; and Dragoon for the bleeding. That being said, I do believe GGG made mention that the new 2.0 based would not be used for uniques for some time (if ever), so I'd go with Jeweled.

Additionally, I really liked Daresso being this cold being in the Awakening, and since we do not have a true cold-based melee weapon (whereas we do with Lightning and Fire), the idea would center around dealing cold damage.

The base stats of a Jeweled Foil are:
One Handed Sword
Physical Damage: 27–51
Critical Strike Chance: 5.5%
Attacks per Second: 1.60
Requires Level 68, 212 Dex
20% increased Global Critical Strike Multiplier

Tentatively named either of the following:
Sword King's Triumph,Daresso's Depravity,Death's Embrace

Deal no Physical Damage
Added Cold damage: minimum 155-180 / maximum 275-295
Increased Attack Speed: +15% - +20%
Increased Critical Strike Chance: +25% - +30%
Dexterity increases melee damage at a rate of 1% per 10 dexterity
Physical damage is converted into cold damage at 50-75% of its value (Will not stack with the unique jewel)

In all, you'd be looking at a maximum of 456 ele dps weapon with a max of 7.15% crit and an interesting playstyle that focuses on enhancing offensive capabilities through dexterity. The numbers can obviously be tweaked, and naturally I'd suggest this be a t1 unique.

I've seriously contemplated doing the 1k unique design as I'd absolutely love to actually create this item, but I've heard they've discontinued this service for now while they work through a backlog.....plus I'm fairly certain my wife would kill me.
Prylos // RoA Marauder 89+

My godly belt collection - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/334226
Mapping Discussion - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361880/page/1
Last edited by Okanitu on Oct 8, 2015, 12:04:47 AM
Base item: Dragonbone Rapier (implicit: 20% increased Global Critical Strike Multiplier)
Mods:
+ (80-100 to 100-120) physical dmg
+ (140% to 160%) increased phys dmg
+ Gain Frenzy charge on crit.
+ 12 - 15 attack speed.
+ you critical hit damage converts to a random element.
- 2 - 4 maximum resist.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
"
I was answering the post above mine.

Ohh ok, goddes unleashed is an elegant sword but yes is not a rapier anyway.
I'd like a rapier with Riposte built into it, that grants substantial block chance and attack speed when not using a shield or dual wielding.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
The problem with Ungil's is that it's specific to dual wielding, though it is powerful in its own right.

Oh my, just had a thought. "Your chance to block when wielding only this weapon is equal to your dodge chance." Bahaha. (Acrobatics would still make it give 30% less though, I think)
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on Oct 8, 2015, 7:55:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info