Any point in reaching level 100

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The death penalty excuse is moot. You have that same advantage every time you level up. So you lose nothing if you don't value your progress. 91 is just as good as 100 then. Reaching 100 wont give you anything you couldn't have had for yourself all along with this regard.

Who on earth playing an RPG would not value their progress? That is the entire point of playing RPGs - to progress your character. So your post doesn't make any sense to me.
Last edited by Berylstone on Oct 7, 2015, 12:54:42 PM
"
Berylstone wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The death penalty excuse is moot. You have that same advantage every time you level up. So you lose nothing if you don't value your progress. 91 is just as good as 100 then. Reaching 100 wont give you anything you couldn't have had for yourself all along with this regard.

Who on earth playing an RPG would not value their progress? That is the entire point of playing RPGs - to progress your character. So your post doesn't make any sense to me.

Sorry... maybe it's too hard to see the point. You claim that there's removal of a penalty, since the death penalty stops being applied. I pointed out that a player who sets 91 as their max level would have the same effect.
Not really but leveling up may be more rewarding for some than sitting in sarn trading your ass off for pixels.

On a side note, did they actually nerf map drops when they were actually supposed to be significantly buffed since a year ago?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
XIXIXIXIXIXIX wrote:
This forum is so dead its only the trolls arguing with themselves now! GLORIOUS.

#Shagsbeardconfirmedtroll
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
My build is broken until I get that sweet, sweet skill point!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Because it's there.

Really. That's it. That's the only reason.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:04:06 PM
To beat the game.

Everyone plays this game for a different reason. For some, reaching level cap is beating the game. For others, reaching level cap is just fun and an important part of the game.

For me, I just play til I'm bored with a character then I move onto the next one.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Sorry... maybe it's too hard to see the point. You claim that there's removal of a penalty, since the death penalty stops being applied. I pointed out that a player who sets 91 as their max level would have the same effect.

For me at least, it's usually too hard for my conscious rationalizing to beat out my subconscious reaction to stimuli. IF there were an NPC you could talk to to toggle your EXP gain from on to off, then your idea would work fine for me. However - there is no way to stop yourself from gaining EXP. So even if I mentally set my "max level" as 91, I will inevitably see my EXP bar at the bottom ever so slowly but surely rise up - and I will become protective of that like a mama robin nursing her newborn chicks. I will subconsciously think - "I earned those little yellow pixels and damned if I'm going to let anybody else take them away from me!"
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Oct 7, 2015, 4:43:20 PM
Is there any reason to do anything at all? Not really. But having a goal is good, something to do, something to aim for, something to look forward to. Something to do. My time in PoE is a complete waste, but it makes the time go by lightning fast.

So far I have only managed to get lvl 96, after lvl 85 it gets insanely grindy and I eventually get bored. No idea how anyone manages to stick to it and level to 100, I seem unable to.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info