Any point in reaching level 100

Since some days i'm asking myself why the people rush in an insane speed towards level 100.
What's the advantage of beeing level 100 besides having the maximal amout of spendable skill points?

-You can't level further.
-Your droprate will suck and you won't get anything.
You're basically done wuth that Charakter and can start a new?

Or did i miss something?
You can view rushing to level 100 as PoE's version of a speedrun.
Because it's there.

Really. That's it. That's the only reason.
There is no item drop penalty after zone level 66, so that's irrelevant.

I guess the better question would be: is there any objective reason NOT to level as high as possible? Skill points are good, more base life is good, having a goal is good. It gets pretty grindy in the 90s but we are playing a game developed a company called grinding gear games after all. If leveling isn't your cup of tea you can MF, play alts, play the economy, whatever. Some of us like to level though, so we do.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
Is there any objective reason NOT to level as high as possible?

Yes. There's lots. My cat. Bike rides. Sunny days at the beach. Other games.
"
Gillton wrote:
Since some days i'm asking myself why the people rush in an insane speed towards level 100.
What's the advantage of beeing level 100 besides having the maximal amout of spendable skill points?

-You can't level further.
-Your droprate will suck and you won't get anything.
You're basically done wuth that Charakter and can start a new?

Or did i miss something?

The advantage is you don't have to worry about that stupid experience penalty. You will be free to actually enjoy the game: i.e., fight all the bosses, do your maps without having to waste your currency rerolling mods, no longer have to skip certain content etc. You will be able play without the suffocating shadow that you are one lag spike, mistake, unlucky burst away from losing every single second of progress you made on your experience bar all week.

That's the advantage.

You know that feeling you have right after you level when you can actually challenge yourself and do content that has a good chance of killing you? Reaching level 100 gives you that permanently - and that's a better stat than anything you can find on a piece of gear.
Last edited by Berylstone on Oct 7, 2015, 11:39:21 AM
All the answers so far are correct in my book.
Some people are busy the rest of the month (like weddings, parties, birthdays, homework, work, etc.)...so they only have like the first 3 or 4 days of the month to get to level 100.

Other people have all month to get there or, if you're in standard sc/hc, the rest of our lives.

You have to work within your time limits and not everybody is the same.
I want cut scenes damnit.

How can you not like steak?
The death penalty excuse is moot. You have that same advantage every time you level up. So you lose nothing if you don't value your progress. 91 is just as good as 100 then. Reaching 100 wont give you anything you couldn't have had for yourself all along with this regard.
This forum is so dead its only the trolls arguing with themselves now! GLORIOUS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info