[2.0] Good life-based CoC discharge build (easy uber atziri + core malachai)

This tree takes the best of Mathil's Fakener + Doeboy's CastOnCyclone and combines it into one good build.

Also check out my hybrid CoC discharger build for a more defensive variant that can still do uber and core malachai as well as more information about EE and how to craft a vagan dagger.

Tree+Jewels

L95 Tree

6 Jewels:
Intuitive Leap goes into the jewel socket left of templar. Take the 3 life nodes, endurance charge, and power charge.

3x (+2 Mana Gained on Hit) & Attack Speed (with daggers)

2x Life + Spell Damage (while holding a shield)

Bandits: Oak/Krait/Oak.

Gear+Gems

Vagan dagger. Try to get 8+ crit and 1.6+ APS.
Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify

Voll's Protector.
Cyclone - Cast on Critical Strike - Discharge - Life Leech - Increased Critical Strikes - Ice Nova
For 5L drop ice nova. For 4L drop increased critical strikes or life leech.

Rings and Amy: Elreon diamond rings with -8. Leave a prefix open so you can put energy shield if you decide to play my hybrid build instead. Or cold damage to attacks if you cannot put cold damage on your dagger. Voll's amy is double damage so that should be the third thing you get after 5L voll's and vagan dagger.

Belt: life, res and +1 EC.

Helm: rat's nest. Or Scold's if you use a 4L vaal molten shell.
Cast when damage taken (L20) - Immortall Call (L20) - Cold Snap (L20) - Summon Ice Golem (L20)

Shield: life, spell damage, spell crit chance. Don't use Saffell's.
Cast when damage taken L1 - Warlord's Mark L5 - Summon Skeletons L8

Boots: Blood dance for extra DPS or Atziri's step for extra defense. Or rares with chaos resistance and life.
Enduring Cry (L20) | Decoy Totem (L20) | Vaal Molten Shell (L20) | Flame Dash (L1)

Gloves: Maligaro's.
Enlighten - Purity of Fire - Purity of Lightning - Arctic Armour
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Oct 9, 2015, 12:52:22 PM
hey m8 can you post full gem setup you use? it would be very helpfull for me ty anyway.
"
paparasss13 wrote:
hey m8 can you post full gem setup you use? it would be very helpfull for me ty anyway.

Added gem setup.

Hey Matrix,
As I said before I want to keep you and this thread updated with my experience with the life based CoC Discharger. - I started the build as a dual flame totem and respecced into this few days ago. I cannot progress that fast because Im working weekdays + I die sometimes so I thought you might find the problem in the build if I post my thoughts here. (Also I kind of wanted to wait till u hit 100 so u might get some time now to look into these problems)

current gear

Backup elreon ring

Flasks

Base item waiting to craft

Opinions with current setup

- Have enough life (5200) not to get one shotted, tho Im only playing t6 maps. probably it wont be enough in higher lvl maps.
- I can handle beyond bosses (up to t5-6) except abaxoth (well I have not tried it but I dont think I can)
- Sometimes I need to run around to kill mobs at side of rooms cause the aoe not large enought, and Im afraid the 20 quality wont fix this problem - maybe respecing to witch area?
- Its hard to gear in the flashback league. No good elreon diamond rings available
- The only person I found with master 8 asking crazy craft fee, need to wait with crafting
- beyond makes it difficult to level, because I dont have good crafted weapon with attack speed/crit sometimes I die, but probably its my fault and not the weapon.
- At this point I must use diamond flask on though mobs to make sure I get the crits
- When I dont crit I die in that moment
- Gameplay does not feel smooth (probably cause of slow weapon and lower crit chance)
- Compared using Inc Crit Chance gem vs Ice nova as 5th link: gameplay slightly smoother with crit gem (more discharges) however the overall gameplay is better with Ice nova because it gives more dmg overall, that its easier to leech and things die faster -> lower chance to die
-With all the shit going on in the flashback league I feel I need those life nodes, however I thought of respecing into the witch area to grab aoe, power charge, crit. I would lose like 50% inc life tho but gain +1 power charge, crit and aoe

To do list
1, craft the dagger
2, get quality on gems
3, get better elreon rings
5, get +1 endurance charge on belt
6, get a spell power shield
7, get a 6link volls chest
8, respec into witch area? (planned tree below)

oh and I still have not done the merci bandit respec, shall I get the power charge ? - maybe this should be on top of the list

We were talking about few things like you mentioned not to pick up the life/reduced mana cluster but I needed life and picking those up let me use a non elreon diamond ring that had some life. you mentioned to use a non diamond ring but with life resists and -8 mana. so I would not need the reduced mana cluster, and then use Inc Crit as 5th gem. but I realized I not gonna have enough dps with that so Im using Ice Nova and crit rings and reduced mana passives.

Dont get me wrong I want to follow your ideas, but I cannot do all at once, I have like 6ex total in my stash. so is that order in the to do list right? or which should be priority.
Also I asked in your witch tread to maybe update your dagger crafting steps with the vagan 8 mod. I just dont have experience with the master crafting tricks. Now sure how to craft it without ruining it

Edit 1: I am planning to swap some gems around (ignore phase run I was just testing something). Also after watching ur stream I want to implement Enduring cry and Decoy totem. also as I dont need to use discipline, Im using herald of ice with curse on hit - assassins mark. (got the idea from AngryWeasel) I like it but maybe a 2nd purity would be better instead?

Edit 2: If I respec into witch area I will be able to use an armour base boots without int, now Im using the CwDT setup in shield because Im not even sure how long I gonna keep my boots and did not want to burn 400 chroms. maybe its will be easier to get 3 off on maligaros.

Congrats once again on lvl100 ;)
Have a good day,

Fori
Last edited by Foridesign on Oct 13, 2015, 5:23:19 AM
Well you need to fix your gem setup.

First priority is L1 CWDT - L5 warlord's mark. This will help survivability.

Second priority is L20 CWDT - L20 Immortal Call - L20 Cold Snap - L20 golem or support gem for cold snap.

Then put in a enduring cry that you will self cast, a decoy totem for bosses and strongboxes, and vaal molten shell-life leech for bosses.

Then you need to get spell damage on your shield, it will increase damage significantly.

Then you need to use 2 elreon rings and get rid of unrelenting in favor of Acrobatics. Acrobatics will help you survive when you're not critting.

The AoE from witch is nice from mapping, but not necessary, especially if in a party. Since the witch area is low on life and costs a bit to travel to, I'd be careful going there.

IMO if you're going to drop acrobatics, there's no point to playing pure life.

Alright, I will try to do these changes
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
paparasss13 wrote:

Added gem setup.

can you run iir and iiq with this build? if you drop life gain on hit for iiq is possible? and ice nova for iir in a 6L ?
"
paparasss13 wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
paparasss13 wrote:

Added gem setup.

can you run iir and iiq with this build? if you drop life gain on hit for iiq is possible? and ice nova for iir in a 6L ?

Yeah that would work, but make sure you CWDT-Warlord. It's life leech and not LGOH BTW.

Yeah that would work, but make sure you CWDT-Warlord. It's life leech and not LGOH BTW.[/quote]

yes my bad LGOH..something i notice now why you got a lvl 1/20q cyclone? thats the proper way?
How does this compare to your hybrid life/es discharger build?
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info