Flame totem question

hi, just a little answer, better normal dual flame totem or crit dual flame totem for end game? i'd like to know if both are viable for mf.
And is possible to go for greed embrace instead of infernal mantle or it will be a big dps lose?
Last edited by robik90 on Oct 6, 2015, 1:29:16 PM
both are viable, one is better because there are gear choices to further scale damage that the other lacks .

ie crit can use crit items

regular doesn't get many damage items that crit doesn't also get.

infernal mantel is not used as often as you think. as until you get a 6l one it is not that much better than just using a tabby damage wise. and then there is soul mantel which has a much more obvious downside that can be counted by having a bunch of curse immunity flasks around.

even when infernal mantel is used , it is mostly for blood magic.

the 100% spell damage on low mana will hurt a ton, not only because it limits aura use but because totems have huge mana costs which will easily put you under low mana all the damn time.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 6, 2015, 2:01:05 PM
U can use sire of shards and use any chest u like. Great for crit and none crit build.

Flame mantle is definitely worth trying to get to work with crit flame totem. The benefits, it offers, ur just so damn nice. But not necessary at all.
i think that sire of shard is the worst item on a flame totem build, expecially crit, actually with shield and wand i take 140% spell damage 175% spell crit chance 71 life 25% crit strike multiplier 23% chaos damage res, and those stuff are self found in the 1 mounth event, with some orb for crafting in the standard i guess you can get almost the double of all stats + more resistance
It depends on what u desire. For clear speed there is no better item for flame totem, than sire of shards.

Regular flame totem builds r better for strong mobs, but killing packs with sire of shards is just so much faster.
Besides, not much use for those extra projectiles on FT.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info