Incinerate C.I. build need pointers-

I am brand new to the game, been playing almost a week now.

I currently play an Incinerate Witch but am debating making a Scion in the future.

I like magic classes- especially fire based ones.

I am about to switch over to Chaos Inoculation utilizing a High ES defense.

I am writing this post to get feedback on a couple of things since I have no experience end game.

The build I have designed focuses on a couple of core features basing off a level 100 character

~~~~~~~

Questions I would like answered:

Spoiler
How much is TOO MUCH mana regen? - would some of my mana regen passives be better off elsewhere-

Are the Resist passives worth picking up? - I have been scrutinizing end game gear and it seems
I can free up a lot of space on secondary affix rolls by taking a couple well placed passives as Scion..

Do you consider the Totem damage passives worth taking for this build? I seem to use Fire Totem A LOT - I am constantly using it, but perhaps switching those passives out towards something like Sniper or something would be better off overall since its not a dual totem build?

Do you feel this build is viable?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The basic concept of the build is to maximize fire/projectile/elemental damage as well as maximize Energy shield.

Some interesting points of note are the defenses this build has.

70% chance to avoid stun when casting.
36 All Resist -51% fire.
Very High Energy Shield with decent recharge rate.
5 Jewel Nodes- can be more with a few switches.

Here is a link to the PASSIVES and the stats:

a couple of the passives can be swapped around to utilize different abilities- i've been playing around with it, tell me if you see a better decision that I missed.

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAAW8IZw18EFgRLREvEVAV1xbzGFYZihqBGyUfAh_HIvQk2CY8KjgqUyqNKworeCycLKYsvy2LLagvnTI0NAo1uTbFNtg3ZkSrRnFJG0rIS65QQlF0UzVVrlZjXGtd8l5dXypfal-wYpVknWwLbRlvnnRVe8N8g3_GghCC5IMJhEiExYVthq6HZYqvi3qMNo-mj_qQEZDWkyeTOpcGm12btZ1joS-io6SxppmnK6eUqJqsmK-3sZCycLQMtve31r0nvoC-isHFwzrDbcSiykrK09DQ0f3Vgdgk2VvbWd-K37Di9-WO6QLquuv17BjsVfFs8h3yl_fX

Skills rundown:

Spoiler
Incinerate With Life Leech + some DPS enhancers such as Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Empower + Spell Echo etc. Iron grip if using high STR gear like belt/+100 amulet.

Flame Totem + Faster Projectiles + Faster Casting to single target melt

It will use Discipline

It will use Clarity

The other defensive Gems are really up the air as I am still leveling and learning how to play though people are saying to go Molten shell which makes sense overall

Gear Rundown

Spoiler
So the purpose of chaos inoculation with a high dps build is to make sure I dont die when melting rooms endgame via reflect or otherwise- the gear used will be

Weapon: The Consuming Dark

Chest: Infernal Mantle

THESE 2 ITEMS coupled with the high stun resistance and all resistance make this build leech life into energy shield making it extremely tanky while throwing out mad numbers for damage.

the rest of the items should support that build- whether using unique items or rares they should have a similar concept in mind-

Helm/Shield/Gloves/Boots: VERY HIGH ENERGY SHIELD with * as secondarys- main stat/mf/spell dmg stuff etc.

Amulets/Rings: Should be focused on DPS boosters like +fire % etx.

I really appreciate any feedback, I have been having a ton of fun with this game and if this build has been done before please link me to the page so I can use it for ideas and referencing, as I said before please make changes/suggestions to this build. Input is very appreciated.

Also heres a Shadow version of the build- very similar.

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYALEZFfDy9UEKMNuWOpLFd8p1jES8rCrb3IvRsC5MnUzVtGRsl2VvpAkuu34qnKzW5EVAreB_HLYssnI-mRKtVrt-wghCHZRBYMjSvtx8Ci3o2xcNtXGuESOL3AW_316yY7FUqjUkbNtjxbF8qdFXK076KtAwNfOq6LKY3ZjQKkNa31ttZLaixkIMJRnGhL76A5oHLvQdjFr8DHh9BlwYZisM6JIsPq8Sim7WExV-wykpRTH1brEdKyD8nKk2C5JARiq97w8HFf8Ysv-wY0NCP-l9qVmOGrhXX8h1knev1KjhRdKKjGoGmmSY8FvMvnVXgUilYWg==

A Witch version

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAAW8NfBBYES0RLxFQFdcW8xqBGyUfAh_HIvQk2CY8Ko0rCit4LJwspiy_LYstqC-dMjQ0CjW5NsU22DdmRKtGcUkbSshLrlBCUXRTNVWuVmNca13yXl1fKl9qZJ1sC20ZdFV7w3yDf8aCEILkgwmESIVthq6HZYqvi3qMNo-mj_qQEZDWkyebXZ1joS-io6SxppmnK6eUqJqsmK-3sZC0DLb3t9a-gL6KwcXDbcrT0NDR_dWB2CTZW9tZ34rfsOL35Y7pAuq66_XsGOxV8WzyHfKX99cIZ-aBy70HYxa_xKKXBhmKwzokiw-rKlOycB9BAx6ExZu1
Last edited by aarondanis on Oct 6, 2015, 9:47:39 AM
"
aarondanis wrote:
How much is TOO MUCH mana regen? - would some of my mana regen passives be better off elsewhere-

Are the Resist passives worth picking up? - I have been scrutinizing end game gear and it seems
I can free up a lot of space on secondary affix rolls by taking a couple well placed passives as Scion..

Do you consider the Totem damage passives worth taking for this build? I seem to use Fire Totem A LOT - I am constantly using it, but perhaps switching those passives out towards something like Sniper or something would be better off overall since its not a dual totem build?

Do you feel this build is viable?

1) Depends on your gem setup (4L? 6L?) and on what manareg you have on gear. Pick the tree nodes as you level. If you find out that you have too much in endgame you still can spec out of them. Until then i would go for the available manareg in the tree.
Especially if you plan on using Infernal Mantle. You don't want to go on low mana while casting when wearing that.

2) I would not pick up the resists at scion start. Max your resists with gear stats. Passiv points are too scarce to pick up some single resist nodes.

3) Do NOT take totem passives. It is a waste picking up nodes that only suppport your secondary skill.

4) Have a look at some of the incinerate builds linked in the scion and witch builds list. There are a gazillion, probably covering every variation. Browse through some of them to get an idea what gem setup/tree pathing is viable.

BTW don't try to make a CI build unless you already have the ES gear ready for the CI switch (recommended somewhere around act2 merciless).

70% chance to avoid stun when casting wont solve problems with being stun locked as a CI character. First of all you have to cast and then even 30% chance to get stunned is A LOT. once u get stunned you stop casting and all your stun mitigation is gone leading into being stun locked until you die.

When having CI, it is necessary to have either Chayula or Unwavering Stance. This comes from my personal experience and trust me, its quite common experience among CI users. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info