Tell me what your favourite unique item is [poll]

Tala Moana,

I want to compile a top ten of the community's favourite unique items so the developpers can see what we like. Ofcourse you can add why you like a certain unique, so they can gain more insight into the matter. If you list more then 1 unique, I will only put the first one mentioned in your post in the top 10.

You can also list which unique item you like the least and why. This is optional. I will also make a top 10 of most hated uniques.

To make it easy and uniform, please post in the same manner as the other posters. I will start:

"
Favourite unique: Soul Mantle. Because it is in no way overpowered, but it offers you things no other item in the game can ever offer you => a totem 7-link and an extra totem. The drawback is significant and interesting.

Worst designed unique: Rainbowstride. Because I hate the concept of legacy items (aka unbalanced items) but I don't understand why Rainbowstride had to become legacy... twice! Three versions of an item that should never have been nerfed in the first place; such a mess!

Current top 10 favourites:

The Three Dragons (5 votes)

Tabula Rasa (4 votes)
(now legacy) The Blood Dance (4 votes)

Facebreaker (3 votes)
Alpha's Howl (3 votes)
Voltaxic Rift (3 votes)

Pillar of the Caged God (2 votes)
Headhunter (2 votes)
Shavronne's Wrappings (2 votes)
Empire's Grasp (2 votes)

Soul Mantle (1 vote)
Infractem (1 vote)
Romira's Banquet (1 vote)
(legacy) Aegis Aurora (1 vote)
Binerot Whalers (1 vote)
Incandescent Heart (1 vote)
Cloak of Defiance (1 vote)
The Whispering Ice (1 vote)
Mjölner (1 vote)
Ventor's Gamble (1 vote)
Veil of the Night (1 vote)
Wings of Entropy (1 vote)
Atziri's Disfavour (1 vote)
Scold's Bridle (1 vote)
Cloak of Flame (1 vote)
Edge of Madness (1 vote)
Inspired Learning (1 vote)
Daresso's Defiance (1 vote)
Lifesprig (1 vote)
Abyssus (1 vote)
Death's Oath (1 vote)
Atziri's Step (1 vote)
Saffell's Frame (1 vote)
Legacy Kaom's Heart (1 vote)
Sire of Shards (1 vote)
The Consuming Dark (1 vote)
Terminus Est (1 vote)

Current top 10 bad design:

Shavronne's Wrappings (4 votes)

Voidhome (3 votes)
Taste of Hate (3 votes)
Veil of the Night (3 votes)

Windripper (2 votes)
-1 charge unique jewels (2 votes)
Nomic's Storm (2 votes)
Soultaker (2 votes)
Ventor's Gamble (2 votes)
Atziri's Acuity (2 votes)
Non-legacy (current) Bringer of Rain (2 votes)
Atziri's Disfavour (2 votes)

Non-legacy Rainbowstride (1 vote)
Dyadus (1 vote)
Rebuke of the Vaal (1 vote)
Al Dhih (1 vote)
Gorebreaker (1 vote)
Malachai's Simula (1 vote)
Oro's Sacrifice (1 vote)
Heatshiver (1 vote)
Atziri's Splendour (1 vote)
Quecholli (1 vote)
Redbeak (1 vote)
Mightflay (1 vote)
Immortal Flesh (1 vote)
Last edited by Soepkieken on Dec 11, 2015, 3:30:18 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Best: 3 Dragons ftw! The fact that you can do so many different things with it is what makes it my favorite. Also, I've never seen an item like this in any game I've played that allows you to change fundamental game mechanics. Such a cool idea I fell in love. I tip my hat to whoever came up with this beauty.

Worst: The ones that never drop. I see people linking them so they do apparently exist, but I still have my suspicions that it's all just a hoax. :P
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Best: blood dance
Useful throughout the whole game, nice Design.

Worst:
Can't decide, there are many i don't like and immediatly vendor.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Best: Tabula Rasa. It allows you to test skill gems and turns theocrafting into actually testing stuff ingame.

Worst: Taste of Hate. Too powerful for not having any drawback. How did that get past QA?
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
Best:
Infractem. in my opinion the perfect unique. Not OP, not weak, has a clear drawback and a clear strength that can be built around. Unlike stuff like Hege staff it supports multiple skills and build concepts. Universally undervalued. My precious:

Worst:

I know that it is supporter created unique etc but it has SO MANY things wrong about itself that it is not even funny. Any Dyadus build is better when replaced with a rare mid-tier axe. In the same category is Rebuke of the Vaal (3ele+chaos sword) and Darkscorn bow
Last edited by sidtherat on Oct 6, 2015, 11:57:37 AM
Really love the mechanics of this ring:

It changes a lot of builds and it is fun to play with.

is a good runner up for it's great useability.

I like facebreakers a lot too.

I do not agree that elemental weapons are bad unique items. GGG made a mistake that physical damage is the way to go on every case when you do not use spells. If GGG fixes that these uniques are just fine.

I think Lori's Lantern is in a bad position. The ring itself is fine, but the enemies are unlucky damaging you is underpowered. It should be: do two entire diverend rolls and look for the best outcome. That's including block, crit and evasion chances. The fact is that it's only looking on the damage part of the roll. And that's very underwhelming. At least include crit rolls into the unlucky part to make it useable.
Best:

Worst:

most uniques share this spot :)
BEST

WORST
Best>

FACEBREAKER
Fun and enables a unique and fun build with endgame potential
But u lose ur weapon

Worst>

ATZIRI'S DISFAVOUR
its just a realy good axe nothing realy special exept the bleed maybe but it has no dowside wich makes it pretty boring
dank
Last edited by bjornNL on Oct 6, 2015, 7:01:32 AM
There are many GREAT uniques in game. Having said that my current Best:

Worst: Rebuke of the Vaal springs to mind.
Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info