Cyclone CoC scion feels useless.. help!

So.. more or less followed this. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1195956

Dumped my exalts on a vagan dagger and have a six linked Volls chest. Do not have the neck.

Character is awful.... dies in merc dried lake to being sneezed at and has sorry single target dps even with a level 19/20ql Discharge.

I'm demoralized as hell... what is wrong? Why am I so weak?

I have actually completely stopped to even bother with Acro evasion based chars because imo they are a poor choise in 2.0+ imo. I tested that build myself. The moment Acro/eva/dodge fails to prevent damage your Dead in Most cases of endgame content.

Also (and probably more important), Though that build has insane potential its actually pretty lame Unless you have a Budget of at least 150+ ex.

Perhaps you should link your gear, Tree and Level here.

Anyway, in 2.0 i wouldnt Run this build without (at least! ):

Acuity
Saffel (preferably legacy)
1,8 aps + vagan dagger
Volls devotion
6L Volls protector
Atziris step

I know those build guides often claim to work on Budget as well. But just read the First sentences about the guide authors struggle to implement that build in 2.0 again. And He is using BIS mirrored gear with a Budget far above 500ex approx.

Imo that speaks for itself. You decide

Keep calm and good luck!
Thanks. I do have a saffels, just doesnt help any. Feeling you on the acro thing too. At least for melees.

I'll just give up on the idea and nurture a quiet resentment.
"
Thanks. I do have a saffels, just doesnt help any.

Ofc its not helping. It only Provides additional defense vs Spells and elemental damage, while the real danger in 2.0 Comes from Attacks and ofc that huge boost Especially to physical damage sources.

+ in Order to Deal damage with this build your allways forced to stay in melee range which is Kind of dumb if you have literally no Kind of physical damage mitigation. No AA, mom, Armour ...

+ half of the builds damage Comes from Volls devotion so you currently use only half of the charges meant to be used by that build.

+ in Order to face reflect you need acuites. Or else vaal pact, loosing a good chunk of skillpoints then that you would really need.

Resume:
That build is an absolute no-brainer if you Dont have 150+ex laying in your stash. If you cant get those items endgame will become even more frustrating as you will Find yourself rerolling 30% of all map Mods in Order to not die.

For a Budget of 20-30 ex there are so many good builds that are capable to Run Tons of content for less than a quarter of the currency Investment you face here.

Just some hints
We could propose some improvements if you post your tree/gear. You profile char sheet is set to private.
you can run it with much less than hundreds of ex. You could prolly do it with your gear ( I assume) Your tree could be the problem.
I've been suggesting improvements to Doeboy for a while, but he keeps ignoring me.

Just posted this thread. I would recommend you do this instead of Doeboy's version.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
If you want a strong COC build try this

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1324981
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info