Frost Wall Hitbox Inconsistency

Hi, I've recently been playing a shotgunning-based Arctic Breath caster and in order for this to work, I use Frost Wall to block my GMP/LMP Arctic Breath projectiles and cause their AoEs to overlap. The problem is that Frost Wall will only block Arctic Breath projectiles around half of the time - they very consistently visually seem to be blocked by the Frost Wall, but trails of chilled ground leading to a big circle of chilled ground appear behind the Frost Wall, and of course, mobs near the visual hitbox of Arctic Breath's AoE don't actually take damage or suffer from chilled ground as intended.

After some testing with Spark, it appears that it's not just Arctic Breath, but other groundborne projectiles that interact with Frost Wall only about half the time - I'll see Spark projectiles bounce off of my Frost wall, and then moments later the sparks will "teleport" (resync) somewhere off behind the Frost Wall.

After some testing with multiple overlapping Frost Walls, it appears that the projectiles will never pass through two or more overlapping Frost Walls. My guess, in this case, is that Frost Wall's circular hitboxes are causing the issues.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
yeah ive seen complaints about this before.
forst wall sections dont match up evenly.
either like

----llllllll---llllllll---llllllll----

or maybe if its put not exactly vertical or horizontal,

-----//////////------
-----------------////////
-----------------------////////-----
--------------------------------////////
so theres gaps.
cool idea using frost wall to make AB shotgun tho-
people used to abuse lightning arrow with pierce on frost walls proccing the chain.
dunno if thats still a thing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info