Twitch.tv/Dygnity | PA | #1 5w Atziri and UBER KILLS! | MF OK |

Hello guys and welcome to my Poison Arrow guide! So far this build has been much stronger than I expected, and will most definitely join my list of early league builds that perform exceptionally well. If you are looking for great clear speed, low investment, with a variety of options available to scale your damage, you have come to the right place!

In the 5 week Darkshrine, I was able to complete Atziri in 19 hours on a 4-link and was the first person to kill her in the league.

After that, I set a personal record by killing UBER in 4 days 16.5 hours for the first Uber kill of the league!

Pros-
- Great Clear Speed!
- Atziri Down 30h into new league (I slept 9 hours too!)
- Relies on Gems, Passives and Jewels, NOT gear!
- Entry gear is CRAFT-ABLE! Self-found OK!
- High movement speed!
- Evasion based, Iron reflex is an option.
- Leveling transitions with only free re-spec points.
- Uber scale-able with moderate investment!
- Multi-curse capable!
- 7+ Frenzy Charges!
- Hidden Potential is extremely useful!
- Can start as Scion or Ranger.

Cons-
- DPS depends greatly on gem level
- 4-link is ok, but 5-link preferred.
- Item Level 64 is required to roll +2 bow gems.
- Can feel squishy until higher levels of life, evasion
- Frenzy charge management before blood dance can be annoying.
- Drillneck is a core upgrade that brings a large dps boost.

ATZIRI First kill in 1 Month - 30 hours in!
UBER ATZIRI #1 Darkshrine KILL (No sound yet!)

To start things off, some things you should know about Poison Arrow.

- PA is a projectile skill that leaves a cloud of poison behind that degens with chaos damage.
- The projectile and cloud BOTH benefit from projectile damage.
- The cloud benefits from chaos damage, area damage, increased damage, and damage over time.
- Mobs can only take damage from 1 cloud, even if there are many clouds covering one location.
- The cloud cannot cull, however hitting a mob with the projectile will cull it.
- When you add Drillneck, pierce chance caps at 100% and any more beyond that is wasted.
- The level 3 Leo mod +Increased Damage Over Time is a Weapon mod PREFIX and very strong for PA.

I am currently having a great time playing this build. I transitioned into PA after leveling with Flame Totem and Fire Storm around level 60. I picked this build as my initial build in the 1 month because it has very high dps and clear speed with very little investment. Additionally, with moderate investment it is capable of doing exceptional amounts of dps and scaling into Uber.

As the league continues, I will be updating this guide until it is complete. At this time I am still developing my take on PA, defining my play style, and working hard on my gear. I hope to make all the mistakes for you, so that this guide will allow you to arrive at the most optimal version of this build without any of my struggles.

Leveling and Transition

To begin with, I started out with Flame totem and Fire Storm (also used Freeze Pulse for a while early on). You can also use fire trap, or even level with PA all the way up (With a silverbranch, for example). Because I decided on totem, I went from ranger to shadow immediately to grab damage to carry me through until I could transition. I designed my tree to allow for a respec of many of the points that wont impact PA but not exceed the amount of free respec points so I wouldnt waste any currency. I found that leveling as Scion was a bit easier than leveling as Ranger for the purposes of the flame totem aspect. I also think that Scion has a slightly better late game build than Ranger.

20 Points
https://goo.gl/cijHU6

41 Points
https://goo.gl/0zDtmC

61 Points
https://goo.gl/o24f2e

79 Points - Pre-Transition
https://goo.gl/FoWxgh

This is about the point where you can consider swapping into PA when you have a 4L or 5L bow with +2. I bought a white 5L bow with **iL64** and alt/augged until I got +2. As soon as I did this, I respec'd my tree immediately into something like the tree below.

80 Points - TRANSITIONED
https://goo.gl/tCwAlF

This is what the skeleton of the build should look like. From here, you are able to grab Frenzy charges, jewel sockets, damage, evasion, and life. While I am not completely finished min-maxing the end-game portion of the build, it would not deviate much from the following trees.

101 Points - Mapping / Atziri
https://goo.gl/BubNjC

116 Points - End Game / Uber
https://goo.gl/NqcXeX

Scion End Game Tree
https://goo.gl/VvVqGm

I should point out that I am currently past the 101 point tree, and progressing towards the 116 point tree in my uber prep. However, I am not 100% set in stone on that tree and any changes I make will be reflected here based on my progression and experience. I would also like to express how important it is to get both LIFE and +DMG on every jewel socket- its mucho grande importante bromigo!

Links

PA scales exceptionally well with +Gem level. Empower is a great choice, even on a 5 link- Lv2 emp in a +3 bow is very strong.

5-Link: PA, Slower Projectiles, Conc Effect, Empower, Pierce
6-Link: PA, Slower Projectiles, Conc Effect, Empower, Pierce, Culling (or Iron Will if you have cull in another set-up)

If you do not have Drillneck, swap pierce for cull in 5 Link, and use Iron will in 6 link.
Then go get a Drillneck.

Darkshrine Gear [UBER]

Darkshrine Jewels

Warbands Gear [Mapping + Atziri + Uber]

My gear is coming along well for so early in the league. Atziri runs are pretty smooth, double vaals die a bit slow and can get you at this gem level. The clear speed is a bit slower than SRS for bosses, but feels faster than SRS for trash. I will be swapping into a dual curse set-up as well. Clear speed should drastically increase with gem level.

Warbands Jewels

~~~ UBER ATZIRI ~~~

I am currently attempting Uber Atziri on 1m. In my gear progression, I have also made some significant changes to the talent tree and my conceptual approach to the build. The most important adjustments are:

- I dropped the Piercing Shots cluster above acrobatics. With the pierce support gem (70%), drillneck (10%), and the Poachers Aim jewel (15%), you can get 95% pierce and place the points elsewhere. With the Piercing Shots cluster + drillneck, you end up with 110% pierce and the extra 10% is not factored into your PA dps- its wasted.

- I changed my pathing into the shadow start, and dropped Corruption, Method to Madness, and the jewel socket directly above Ranger. For the amount of points you take to get them, and the damage they provide, it is not really the optimal investment. Instead, I traverse through Sentinel and into the jewel socket at scion and into the scion life wheel. The trade off in damage is about equivalent, and the life is extremely important. Sentinel also helps with the resists since all my gear is now blue.

Uber - Full Tree Scion
https://goo.gl/VvVqGm

Uber - Full Tree Ranger
https://goo.gl/kuZB65

- I crafted a full set of blue gear to use with Hidden Potential as one of the main sources of our dps. This was a moderate currency investment but worth it. You need life and res on every piece of gear. I suggest an Onyx or Lapis neck, Two-Stone rings, Lion Pelt, Zodiac Leather, Slink Gloves (and Boots if you dont Blood Dance), and Leather Belt for your bases. Bow, Drillneck, and Blood Dance should be your only non-magic gear.

Uber Hidden Potential Gear

In summary, this will give you strong DPS while pushing you to 6k HP or above. There is room for more life and more jewels above 90. You may also want to take arrow dancing (previously ondar's guile) for uber speerz.

I will post a video showcasing the builds performance in Uber once completed!

~~~ Magic Finding ~~~

I will be adding a magic finding section here as I fill out my MF gear. I would like to note that getting above 400% IIR is no longer ideal because you will see both diminishing and punitive returns! If you are above 350-380 you are good, and IIQ becomes significantly more valuable!

You have 2 options with PA MF- you can craft blue rarity gear and take advantage of Hidden Potential or you can fully invest in a strong MF kit of top tier uniques and rares (Nothing stops you from mixing and matching, either!) Currently, my MF gear on 1mFB is -OK- and at the time of writing this post I have dropped Mjolner, Windripper, and Binos.

Magic Finding Gear

Note: I also use the Item Rarity gem in place of Increased AoE. This does make your cloud smaller, but you do get 95-100% pierce and that will drop a cloud on top of each mob that your projectile pierces.

If you have any questions please feel free to leave them below! I will be updating this guide often over the next couple weeks as I progress through the build, gearing, uber, and magic finding!

As always, thanks so much for all of your support for my builds, stream, and youtube. I love you all <3

~Dyg

www.twitch.tv/Dygnity
www.youtube.com/c/DygnityGaming
Last edited by styyled on Nov 12, 2015, 6:19:10 PM
reserved
The million $ question, why your build over this one?
Path of Lag: youtube.com/watch?v=RY2_pXesq1o
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1503932
Last edited by Wonderstruckk on Oct 5, 2015, 11:40:40 PM
"
Wonderstruckk wrote:
The million $ question, why your build over this one?

Follow any build guide you wish!
Looking nice. I ran SRS for 1M, but looking at PA for start of next 3 month.

You say IR is an option, but you have decided to go Acro. What are your thoughts behind not going IR? Since 2.0, I have really taken a liking to armour.

Is it because in a 1M league, you wouldn't be getting many super high Eva/Ar pieces, and Acro is better with lesser gear? Or functionally, you prefer acro?
IGN: PurpleTrapperPuppet / Perandus
"
ElPuppet wrote:
Looking nice. I ran SRS for 1M, but looking at PA for start of next 3 month.

You say IR is an option, but you have decided to go Acro. What are your thoughts behind not going IR? Since 2.0, I have really taken a liking to armour.

Is it because in a 1M league, you wouldn't be getting many super high Eva/Ar pieces, and Acro is better with lesser gear? Or functionally, you prefer acro?

IR is not that far. Its an option. Acro offers spell dodge without needing to sacrifice blood dance to get it (atziris step). To be honest it is your call which defensive mechanic to invest in. I should point out that many of the nodes in and around the tree offer significant evasion, so realistically IR or EV is acceptable.

For Uber, I simply prefer EV. Also the high HP pool of the build offers the ability to sustain hits in high level maps that make it through your evasion.
Just doing some more reading up as I would really like to give PA a go next league for the first time.

This league was the first I've run AA, and have really enjoyed it. Maybe I overvalue it because of the sort of mayhem that happened in the one month, and it was fantastic for backpedal kiting to keep safe.

Is it possible to get AA into your build somehow, and do you think it would be beneficial? I feel like on Trio especially it would not only be exceptionally convenient for safety, but result in higher DPS due to keeping them in the cloud longer. Do you think it would be wise and/or possible to either gear mana regen, and ditch clarity for AA, or run clarity on BM due to a large life pool, and run AA on mana?

It's possibly not even worth it for the build, but it seems like it could help if the play style was backpedaling and dragging enemies through the cloud.
IGN: PurpleTrapperPuppet / Perandus
Everything after how to scale PA cloud damage is personal preference...

I'm using Grace+AA and with Rallying Cry I'm not having any mana issues.

Dunno about my CWDT setup, not sure what else to switch to...

Recently switch from Acro to IR after getting instakilled repeatedly by Terrace boss. With IR i have over 12k armor. Working well so far.... only been a few days though. Have to see how well it goes in higher maps.
Last edited by xhunt3r on Oct 20, 2015, 4:08:12 PM
bandit choice, mate?
"
lilstryer wrote:
bandit choice, mate?

Probably Oak[HP], Skill Points, Kraitlyn[Frenzycharge]
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info