So i asked global for help.....

Hey guys returning veteran here.
so i quit playing POE bout 6 months ago, i corrupted all my legacy gear and then gave it all away.
i have started playing a little bit recently. Just logging in every few days to run one or two maps.

so im trying to piece together a char with the scraps left in my stash.
i go for an ice crash char with val groundslam for a bit of flavour. Ive been away for quite some time so i was unsure what gems work well in conjunction with val groundslam, so i decided to ask for help in global. Here was the question.
"Quick question - what gems work well with val groundslam"
a simple question, do you know how long it took for someone to answer with something other than "deez nuts" (i guess this is now the stock troll answer in poe, btw not funny unless your 13)
15 minutes it took to get a solid reply, i posted this in multiple channels multiple times.
This just re-iterates one of the many reasons why i quit playing. a large portion of the poe community are toxic and un-helpfull. im not saying all, but many are.
but many thanks to the guy who eventually replied.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 5, 2015, 1:50:15 PM
"deez nuts" is fucking hilarious, and I'm 5*13 years old.

1. Your general response in global chat will be a troll response. You should expect this. If you're new to the internet, you've learned your first lesson. If you're not, then shame on you - you should know better.

2. I generally recommend that people use a search engine or the PoE wiki (an extremely valuable resource) to figure out answers before they ask questions. This saves the people who are helping them from getting exasperated due to silly questions which are often perceived as common knowledge to people who play the game; and it also grants you (the questioner) a ton of information to draw from and allows you to better understand their answers to your questions, rather than just applying them mindlessly.

TL;DR - if you aren't willing to help yourself, people will rarely go out of their way to help you. Use resources that everyone has at their disposal and then use those resources to ask questions and you'll be received much better.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Oct 5, 2015, 2:05:03 PM
Global has become what most general chats in online games are, which is a toxic dump. It just took a bit longer to get there than other online communities because of the core player base it was made of for years.

I came back to the game Friday from a couple months off. I asked in global if there is still a trade channel for currency exchange because I have 1500 wisdom scrolls and 600 alch taking too many tabs and I need Ex to trade. Other than the typical answers of "deez nuts", "your mom" and "tree fidy", I was actually reported for RMT because I mentioned currency exchange. I've opted on closing global chat and simply converting my wisdom scrolls up into jewelers from vendor recipe. Still not sure what to do with my Alch though.
"
Namcap wrote:
Global has become what most general chats in online games are, which is a toxic dump. It just took a bit longer to get there than other online communities because of the core player base it was made of for years.

I came back to the game Friday from a couple months off. I asked in global if there is still a trade channel for currency exchange because I have 1500 wisdom scrolls and 600 alch taking too many tabs and I need Ex to trade. Other than the typical answers of "deez nuts", "your mom" and "tree fidy", I was actually reported for RMT because I mentioned currency exchange. I've opted on closing global chat and simply converting my wisdom scrolls up into jewelers from vendor recipe. Still not sure what to do with my Alch though.

Try checking noticeboards for public parties with currency exchanges in the title. That's usually where I'm able to trade up my lower currency and that's usually how I trade down my bigger currency.

Trade channels usually have people in there trying to flip currency so if you don't mind losing a little off the top you can go there. Be careful in trade though because there are a ton of people who are literally just there to rip you off massively with a macro typing message. I try to identify those people and place them on my ignore list.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
First thing I do in any game like this is turn off global chat. When I was really into marvel heroes, I attempted to help some newbs with they're simple questions but the result was very disheartening. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, but I recommend the gameplay help and discussion forum, there are a lot of really cool and knowledgeable people like raics and viper and many others.

Off Topic: I give major props to raics, he indiscriminately helps so many people. He doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Not to say there aren't others but I have great respect for all the people on this sub forum who help with questions no matter how simple or mundane. I'm a little impaired so I'll leave it at that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info