Hardcore Log-Out Time

Hello, one of the things I personally dislike (and I remember this since the early days of the first Diablo) is exiting a game when you're on the verge of death. Hardcore should be hardcore, every moment I should be stressed about death, and not have an easy escape plan if I get in a bad situation. My suggestion:

When playing hardcore, disable the game exit, and put a countdown when logging out (15 seconds?).

Lets make hardcore, truly hardcore.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Game was designed to be Alt f4'd stated by Chris himself.

Deal with it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Deal with it.

!!!
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
"

Deal with it.

What's the point of even replying if you completely ignore the idea.

OP, I think a change like this would make HC more interesting, and would actually make the game significantly more difficult for HC players. Also it would nullify the advantage that people who use logout scripts have over those who don't use them.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"

Deal with it.

What's the point of even replying if you completely ignore the idea.

OP, I think a change like this would make HC more interesting, and would actually make the game significantly more difficult for HC players. Also it would nullify the advantage that people who use logout scripts have over those who don't use them.

What's the point of even replying to me when you completely ignore my point.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

I just keep seeing posts that are variants of 'No. It won't work. I know better. Not worth discussing.' I believe these posts and the attitude behind them are detrimental to our community. Especially when they derail threads that could lead to interesting discussions, and I believe this is one of them.

OP suggested an idea, and you claimed the game wasn't designed for it. Yet when you think about it, it could be designed for it with a bunch of tweaks, that actually could make the game more interesting.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"

I just keep seeing posts that are variants of 'No. It won't work. I know better. Not worth discussing.' I believe these posts and the attitude behind them are detrimental to our community. Especially when they derail threads that could lead to interesting discussions, and I believe this is one of them.

OP suggested an idea, and you claimed the game wasn't designed for it. Yet when you think about it, it could be designed for it with a bunch of tweaks, that actually could make the game more interesting.

More interesting eh? Make the community lash out at GGG some more well done guy.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Just_Seba wrote:
Hello, one of the things I personally dislike (and I remember this since the early days of the first Diablo) is exiting a game when you're on the verge of death. Hardcore should be hardcore, every moment I should be stressed about death, and not have an easy escape plan if I get in a bad situation. My suggestion:

When playing hardcore, disable the game exit, and put a countdown when logging out (15 seconds?).

Lets make hardcore, truly hardcore.

Plays in SC, complains about HC logout.

Even D2 had the ability to logout.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Dying because you were greedy or made a wrong decision... good.
Dying because you had an "unexpected error" or "lagspike" or "disconnect"... bad.

Now we can avoid the unexpected error, lagspike and disc deaths but sadly our penalty for bad decision making too... but the opposite would cause bad blood.

No one is forced to use a script, you can still log out manually or even avoid to log out completely if that's your thing. Players that suggest to kill choices are ... strange.
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
It is way harder to save yourself with logout than people that haven't tried it think. Streamers log out because it creates good entertainment, the extra suspense as they log back in to see if they survived. When you die in this game you die fast. In the vast majority of cases if you were saved by logout you had time to tp or just run. Try it and see.
When I kill a man he stays dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info