I'm back for the one month... or... i was.

"

im actually working on a Duelist Molten strike build that uses PB/IG/US/IR/RT 2h mace

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAmy1fOYrw3ePEgulG9Oawq76ndctlTbe26mK9No1-R35DMb_V2sFTuy5ThO907USe029D52EhqScFLSFgOd0aVZBseu908eSxNuiHahjbKaVeEwHnWK-GYBR1IVXvTqcwFE2pbvNv5K1br6TC5ebcPYbRn8uezfxLwBpJ1WdYDY2cxAd1JwvSIbyfeA1vOwm7YJGHdrciwKaDtvJBVw0YkbXyZ6Djn4IH2WHzm3Jsbqo1kkp92XytjYVSaGVsRkrI_o_Yvc9-6wkyCVpSTeP-CnasOQ6omqZX8kXqGHvDOuH3MnzZ

Looks like a decent build.

Your feedback is decent, for some reason there are a bunch of people here who always try to defend GGG, no matter what.

The way D3 handles the death penalty is much more elegant. I heard you get a exp shrine and you lose it after you die until you get a next one? That is a really clever way to do it.

Everyone agrees that totems are overpowered ATM. The problem is there's always something that's going to be overpowered (compared to the rest of the builds out there) for a given set of dps/defense/cost requirements. Totems were less obviously overpowered before everyone figured out how strong they were, and so were other builds (for instance there were few of us playing SRS in 1.2 even though it was stronger than it is now). In order to not have OP builds we basically need GGG to keep hammering the meta every month or so, so that we never reach points where everyone knows exactly how to make the current OP build.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Oct 5, 2015, 11:36:36 AM
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"

im actually working on a Duelist Molten strike build that uses PB/IG/US/IR/RT 2h mace

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAmy1fOYrw3ePEgulG9Oawq76ndctlTbe26mK9No1-R35DMb_V2sFTuy5ThO907USe029D52EhqScFLSFgOd0aVZBseu908eSxNuiHahjbKaVeEwHnWK-GYBR1IVXvTqcwFE2pbvNv5K1br6TC5ebcPYbRn8uezfxLwBpJ1WdYDY2cxAd1JwvSIbyfeA1vOwm7YJGHdrciwKaDtvJBVw0YkbXyZ6Djn4IH2WHzm3Jsbqo1kkp92XytjYVSaGVsRkrI_o_Yvc9-6wkyCVpSTeP-CnasOQ6omqZX8kXqGHvDOuH3MnzZ

Your feedback is decent, for some reason there are a bunch of people here who always try to defend GGG, no matter what.

The way D3 handles the death penalty is much more elegant. I heard you get a exp shrine and you lose it after you die until you get a next one? That is a really clever way to do it.

Everyone agrees that totems are overpowered ATM. The problem is there's always something that's going to be overpowered (compared to the rest of the builds out there) for a given set of dps/defense/cost requirements. Totems were less obviously overpowered before everyone figured out how strong they were, and so were other builds (for instance there were few of us playing SRS in 1.2 even though it was stronger than it is now). In order to not have OP builds we basically need GGG to keep hammering the meta every month or so, so that we never reach points where everyone knows exactly how to make the current OP build.

That tree can use a lot more optimization, I would NOT try to only scale the projectile part of molten strike as you are losing out on a lot better damage increasing passive points.

The tree lacks a good amount of armor nodes, mainly because it doesn't dip into the marauder area and takes less efficient nodes in general.

D3 has no penalty, it caters to a much more casual player base then PoE was ever designed or intended to do, so for people to bring up and "like" the way D3 does it, it has no bearing on what PoE should be because they were designed to be different games.

Totems are NOT overpowered, they simply take less gear to get started with then some other builds, problem is they fall off pretty hard IMO as you only can scale so much.

SRS is stronger NOW then it was in 1.2 You simply have no idea what you are talking about. Minion damage is now a multiplier, its easier to get +3 staffs, with bloodmagic mod and other meta mods.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"

judging from this post , it seems the only criteria needed for something to become op is to have everything else nerfed .

totems arent op, but they do address an issue of GGGs own creation. spell casters are not durable anymore.

That is on them not on totems.

So the question is not why go totem, it is why not go anything else. and there are WAY more reasons to not go anything else than there are reasons too go totem.

caster damage reduction is ass
aura reservation got obliterated for the non rich
leech is a joke, and it never was fantastic for elemental/ caster builds in the first place. now .. now it is just sad.
mana issues abound because eb got annihilated without providing an alternative to casting those absurd 400 mana spells .

So yeah totems did not need to step forward. everyone else just stepped back.

But most of your non caster ranged builds are doing just fine. coc is still powerful and summoners are rock solid.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 5, 2015, 2:31:26 PM
I'm running a dual claw MoM (using the Maraketh claws for mana on hit) static strike Templar in the one month. You can make basically any build you want if you know how to play the game, try not following the meta.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
"
goetzjam wrote:

SRS is stronger NOW then it was in 1.2 You simply have no idea what you are talking about. Minion damage is now a multiplier, its easier to get +3 staffs, with bloodmagic mod and other meta mods.

I'm literally the guy who wrote the SRS DPS calculator that most people use... But it seems GGG did a good job of nerfing something and making you believe it's stronger than ever.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Seems to me that a lot of your problems come from how you choose to play, rather than the games themselves. You choose to focus on two characters in D3 and then complain that there's no diversity. You don't like act IV of PoE and you focus your attention there.

Learn to play... and by that I mean to have fun with what you do... not get better at what you're currently doing.

i know how to play mate, its just its frustrating when your builds that would have worked pre-2.0 dont anymore.

You prove my point. You're not playing. You're trying to beat the game. Play... like a kid does... to have fun. You're treating the game like it's a job.
"

also, no trade system...

Are you serious ? You meant D3 has no trade system, right ?

I stopped D3 few days after S4 (I was playing from Launch), completely bored of farming the same stuff over and over, which is XP and mats for crafting.
End game of D3 is as bad as End game of POE, but D3 is full of BOT to achieve it while in POE you can't due to the death penalty.

You will be bored too of D3 at some point.

POE has its flaw, but I see more potential in it than D3. That's good if you are looking for chill play because death doesn't block your character progression (paragon level). Oh wait... after you will try 100 times to push the highest GR level, you will get mad with that timer when it hits 30sec.
Let's all remember that slayerstip not so long ago posted a woe is me post about people pointing out all his build guides being non-optimal, counter intuitive to beginners that may follow his guides, and sometimes just downright nonsensical. It doesnt surprise me D3 tickles his fancy as it's pretty mindless when it comes to crafting builds. Nothing to see here and not sure why this is even feedback.

D3 is easier than PoE - who'd have thought??
Last edited by kurOsawa79 on Oct 5, 2015, 9:56:35 PM
D3 is boring as fuck, I couldn't get past P100 this season. PoE is already a pretty mindless game, but D3 pushes it to another level...
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
i play totems because traps are shit(just sayin').
i started awakening playing all kind of trap setups - from regular FT/Firestorm traps to RoA, LA and KB traps.
what came naturally, was the realization that everything is better on a totem so yea, i had to ...
Last edited by kreca73 on Oct 6, 2015, 8:50:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info