I'm back for the one month... or... i was.

So... i left this game a while back because it got dull for me... i came back recently because of the one month league and the apparent nerf to monsters (they're only a few patches too late).

I've been playing Diablo 3 in the mean time, which ive become attached too... and im basically here to say what i like about D3, and what i dislike about Path of Exile (its related)

D3 is terrible when it comes to character customization... we all know that, there are like, 2 good builds out there (same as PoE tbh) and thats about it... only difference is, PoE doesn't require set items... D3 does (set items or gtfo pretty much)

Balancing still feels a bit off in Act 4... im not sure why... Kaom's area still needs to be shortened by 2 zones (its 4 zones in kaoms area, 2 in DD) and that is a huge turn away for me, it made me re-think my whole "why am i getting back to this game"

RANDOM RANT TIME!!!!!

This game is heavily based on theory crafting... or was... WAS... everything now is fucking totems this or totems that... Path of Totems confirmed... its stupid, you have a billion fucking skills, and you nerf them all to shit, you basically cut off classes like shadow/witch, nerf them to the fucking grounds GAH!

Now, onto the main part of my rantish post.

The death penalty... is fucking stupid! That's all that needs to be said... there are way too many one shot mechanics... or OP monsters to have a death penalty... it doesn't help that maps makes it worse (lol map tiers)

D3's death penalty is normal... its great, its balanced... you die, you can revive but your armour gets fucked up, you die again in that same zone, you gotta wait a few seconds (increments of 5) to revive again...

with path of exile, you die, you gotta run all the way back to the mob that rekt your face.

also, no trade system...

i know that this is a hugely negative post, but im stressed out and sick of Path of Exile's development at the moment... GGG, you were notorious for having great patches, what happened?

fin.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
he he totems are fun. not nearly the best thing out there . but they are fun .
totems OP. lol, nice joke. Totmes are not op, they are easy to use. Game is as theory crafting as it was, you dont like theyory crafting take totems becasue they are easy to use and that is why many people use them.

"
D3's death penalty is

d3 death penalty is no penalty.

"

The death penalty... is fucking stupid! That's all that needs to be said... there are way too many one shot mechanics... or OP monsters to have a death penalty... it doesn't help that maps makes it worse (lol map tiers)

Learn game use good build and you will not die. There isn't many one shot mechanics. Cant also find any OP monster. If there is no death penalty game feel boring and not exciting. There is none penalty for death on normal and 5% xp lost on cruel. Playing cruel feel much more interesting comparing to normal.

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Oct 5, 2015, 9:20:43 AM
Seems to me that a lot of your problems come from how you choose to play, rather than the games themselves. You choose to focus on two characters in D3 and then complain that there's no diversity. You don't like act IV of PoE and you focus your attention there.

Learn to play... and by that I mean to have fun with what you do... not get better at what you're currently doing.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Seems to me that a lot of your problems come from how you choose to play, rather than the games themselves. You choose to focus on two characters in D3 and then complain that there's no diversity. You don't like act IV of PoE and you focus your attention there.

Learn to play... and by that I mean to have fun with what you do... not get better at what you're currently doing.

i know how to play mate, its just its frustrating when your builds that would have worked pre-2.0 dont anymore.

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
I think you're wrong about builds not working, basically every build works. You can do whatever you want and it will take you to 78 maps no problem. What you're complaining about is builds not being optimal, and if everything was optimal well then you've got no choices, and what fun is that.
Try to find some fun in adapting and experimenting to find new ways to do things. Alternatively, there's zillions of shop and play guides out there if doing your own thing isn't your cup of tea.

I certainly wouldn't try to force myself into enjoying my time with PoE.

It's awesome that there's a lot of options out there :)
Nice to see you back. :) I'm sorry you are not having fun, maybe not a long enough break for you?
Yeah, no good in forcing fun. That ain't fun.
I am enjoying the 1 month but I have too much going on right now and was happy to just get 5 challenges done yesterday.
Censored.
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

i know how to play mate, its just its frustrating when your builds that would have worked pre-2.0 dont anymore.

Like what builds are you struggling post 2.0 with?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Like what builds are you struggling post 2.0 with?

im actually working on a Duelist Molten strike build that uses PB/IG/US/IR/RT 2h mace

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAmy1fOYrw3ePEgulG9Oawq76ndctlTbe26mK9No1-R35DMb_V2sFTuy5ThO907USe029D52EhqScFLSFgOd0aVZBseu908eSxNuiHahjbKaVeEwHnWK-GYBR1IVXvTqcwFE2pbvNv5K1br6TC5ebcPYbRn8uezfxLwBpJ1WdYDY2cxAd1JwvSIbyfeA1vOwm7YJGHdrciwKaDtvJBVw0YkbXyZ6Djn4IH2WHzm3Jsbqo1kkp92XytjYVSaGVsRkrI_o_Yvc9-6wkyCVpSTeP-CnasOQ6omqZX8kXqGHvDOuH3MnzZ

is the tree, sorry for the shitty paste, im really tired and Tomorrowland is too good to not focus on :P

Gearwise... im okay, you can check it out @ my profile (characters name is ImBackIHope

If you can offer advice, i would love it, but im fairly confident that the tree is good.

EDIT: I know i didnt add IG in the tree, it was a spur of the moment thing (gotta love the piety reward :D)

Last edited by Slayer_Tip on Oct 5, 2015, 11:18:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info