Useless gems

"
nononononono wrote:
I have personally never found a use for Additional Accuracy.

I'm almost in agreement here... but there are times in leveling that I've needed one. Problem is, it shouldn't be a DEX gem. Anyone with enough DEX to use the gem usually has enough accuracy not to need it.
I would use Add Acc. if it still had the crit bonus, but now its very "mediocore".
"
Nasreth wrote:
empower/enlighten are a great way to make money in temp leagues

level 6 up at the same time in your offhand and vaal them when they get to level 2. if they hit level 3 you sell them and you're rich.

edit: removed enhance cos that gem sucks especially with all the quality reworks/nerfs. mostly empower for the above strategy because people dont spend as much for enlighten.

Yes they are good as a currency exchange but they are still to slow to lvl in temp leagues and you rely on rng to get one. But we'll presented and point made
Additional accuracy added as end game it is as usefull as a duck fart.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
nononononono wrote:
I have personally never found a use for Additional Accuracy.

I'm almost in agreement here... but there are times in leveling that I've needed one. Problem is, it shouldn't be a DEX gem. Anyone with enough DEX to use the gem usually has enough accuracy not to need it.

That's exactly my thought. Any dex player should have enough accuracy from dex to keep hitting ratio above 90%.

As for playing str melee, getting more dex, that increases accuracy itself, just to get more accuracy seems counter productive. And there is also RT...

Plus, spells don't even need accuracy.
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
Last edited by nononononono on Oct 5, 2015, 11:39:56 AM

I use enhance with my Zombies, that gems gives mov. speed and HP for them, but when I get better chest I switch for empower, + 2 level zombies have 2000 more HP, in a 6-link chest both gems are welcome...

I don't use zombies to kill, my main DPS comes from SRS, I just need them as meat shield
But i'm in Standard, so OP maybe right about this gems in temp leagues.
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
"
Drayid wrote:
Hi I'm looking to create a list of useless gems.

Please state gem and reason.

I'll make a start.

Flame surge - becuase incinerate trumps it everytime.

Enhance empower enlighten for temp leagues.

Shield charge - just becuase

Mines - to slow no option to help with clear speed like bouncing bettie support lol.

Reduced mana - because u can just use mana leech.

Elemental hit - why bother

Additional accuracy - becauseyou can't hit shit ( dex requirement? If u have that much dex u can hit ok)

Egems are perfectly usable in temp leagues. Vaal them and if you get a +1 level use it in some Catarina gear.

Flame surge has better mobility than incinerate, the incinerate playstyle is not for everyone.

Sheild charge is better than leap slam for moving from pack to pack especially if you don't have socket space for faster attacks support. And it is just fun!

Mine - no argument there. Dedicated freeze miner is good in a pre planned group but otherwise they blow.

Reduced mana has an important role but it doesn't come up often where you otherwise wouldn't have the mana to cast. I had an aura support character that ran animate weapon. If I didnt use rm on aw I could only cast it with one support. Rm let me add a second support.

Elemental hit - needs to exist, a physical damage independent attack. Maybe they should split it in to three skills, one for each element.

Additional accuracy - I find it important for leveling red side crit builds, especially staff users. Not necessary with perfect gear but needs to exist in a system where any character can use any skill and weapon.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Mines - as a concept in fast paced, clear-speed centered game are a joke. might have some value in pvp but all 7 pvp players out there.. that 'placement fix' pretty much made them dust-collectors. Detonate mines gem is cool but.. just why bother when traps have similar damage, better items and are SO MUCH EASIER TO PLAY?

Chance to Flee - concept is good. implementation is not. it works for situations when it does not matter (normal mobs) and does not work for stuff that might actually make sense (rares/boses)

Ele Hit. Mana cost.. just why?

Fireball. It just.. well.. does not really work

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info