Useless gems

Hi I'm looking to create a list of useless gems.

Please state gem and reason.

I'll make a start.

Flame surge - becuase incinerate trumps it everytime.

Enhance empower enlighten for temp leagues.

Shield charge - just becuase

Mines - to slow no option to help with clear speed like bouncing bettie support lol.

Reduced mana - because u can just use mana leech.

Elemental hit - why bother

Additional accuracy - becauseyou can't hit shit ( dex requirement? If u have that much dex u can hit ok)

Chance to flee- works when it dosnt matter ie white mobs.

Fireball- just not that good.
Last edited by Drayid on Oct 8, 2015, 8:57:12 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Love shield charge. Movement+damage+defense.

The useless ones for me are the e-gems. I've yet to get one to level 2. Playing HC/solo/self-found means that they're rotting on a dead character somewhere. I die or retire the character before I can level one up.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Oct 5, 2015, 9:12:52 AM
Isn't it more of a "Suboptimal gems" thread?
I mean, it's not like there are gems that nobody uses.
These gems are not useless! I will create a build that utilize all these gems and beat the game! Hah!

I just started the game, still learning and staying optimistic. Don't kill me please :p
"
Isn't it more of a "Suboptimal gems" thread?
I mean, it's not like there are gems that nobody uses.

It was a marketing aproach. I know some of the gems will be used but hoping to compile a list of 'suboptimal' gems that need some loving via item rework or support gem
"
Drayid wrote:

Enhance empower enlighten for temp leagues

What?
"
"
Drayid wrote:

What?

For many players, getting a level 1 empower/enhance/enlighten in a temp league is useless, as those players won't have the time to level it up to at least level 2.
Yes, we know that for those that do get them to level 2, those gems are very powerful.
"
"
Drayid wrote:

What?

I must say this is such a usefull reply it full describes your reasoning and adds soooooo much to the post please continue with ur insightful observations I am listening intently.

P.s please read before you write
Last edited by Drayid on Oct 5, 2015, 11:17:13 AM
I have personally never found a use for Additional Accuracy.
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
empower/enlighten are a great way to make money in temp leagues

level 6 up at the same time in your offhand and vaal them when they get to level 2. if they hit level 3 you sell them and you're rich.

edit: removed enhance cos that gem sucks especially with all the quality reworks/nerfs. mostly empower for the above strategy because people dont spend as much for enlighten.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Oct 5, 2015, 11:28:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info