1 months show just how awesome the game can be when GGG just cuts loose a little

"
kcstar wrote:

I guess perma hc players aren't GGG's target audience... at all. But while I don't enjoy these untested beta leagues ... mmm... called challenge leagues... I DO enjoy GGG's "reheated food". Sadly there weren't 100 filler leagues in the past :C

It was much the same for the D2 ladder seasons, the perm leagues where everyone got dumped into were mostly dead places. Everyone I knew only played the 3 month ladder seasons, much the same as PoE. (not that many playing the 1-month though, but I agree it is a blast so far!)

This is rich: you add this to your forum sig: 'best trainee: Ten_of_Swords' because I imply in a post that most challenge league players I know don't bother saving currency for after the league is over. you judge me, and yet you yourself don't even play challenge leagues?

whatever, at least I'm not the worst trainee I guess.
"
This is rich: you add this to your forum sig: 'best trainee: Ten_of_Swords' because I imply in a post that most challenge league players I know don't bother saving currency for after the league is over. you judge me, and yet you yourself don't even play challenge leagues?

whatever, at least I'm not the worst trainee I guess.

This has nothing to do with any ingame "skill", it's just based on how much I enjoy your posts so far.
And yeah, you will have a hard time to beat kamil.
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Have to add to my former statement:

Now I now again why I HATE beyond. While it's "challenging" and more or less fun in endgame I puke on my keyboard during the leveling process.

The whole league seems to fall asleep as soon as "beyond" was activated. By far the worst league (mod) that happend to (hc) PoE ever, in my opinion. It feels like beyond is a big "FU!" by GGG direct in my face. thx! QQ over
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart

Last edited by kcstar on Oct 7, 2015, 10:32:43 AM
Well not all mods are winners, And i did say beyond would not make a good mod to include in the core game.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 7, 2015, 11:03:34 AM
No way beyond is the best. Any boring encounter can become a full on fight for your life. I love it, makes every single pack matter. The entire leveling process becomes engaging not a sleepwalk from boss to boss.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
when GGG cuts loose, you get things like Descent Champions with its great encounters, great pace, and those epic moments where you actually Exalt something or Mirror a ring (!!!).
you get Exiles Everywhere, which was the most fun I had in a long time playing PoE.
you get all kinds of crazy stuff, that really show how great the game is and can be.

and then, they lock it all up...

I wish they would cut loose more.
not with new content, but with the immense amount of stuff they can already do with existing one.

and I wish they optimize the game's performance and hunger for packets, so all of the above can be enjoyed even more.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Agreed, it's great fun. Doubly so because I skipped most of the leagues apart from the last Beyond event. And while I <3 Beyond sooo much I can kinda see how people find it tedious when they spawn in every single map.

PS: Not a single map crash/dc so far. \o/
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Last edited by OwVEmrkMLX on Oct 7, 2015, 12:56:35 PM
"
holocaustus wrote:
Agreed, it's great fun. Doubly so because I skipped most of the leagues apart from the last Beyond event. And while I <3 Beyond sooo much I can kinda see how people find it tedious when they spawn in every single map.

PS: Not a single map crash/dc so far. \o/

they are "no problem" in maps. but in "early game" they've much more health (than normal mobs or even rares), most of the time life regen or vaal aura, chaos auras, tar or other aura that slows you down AND on top of it... they flickr you right in the face. that's sooooooo much fun... NOT!

Last edited by kcstar on Oct 7, 2015, 1:52:34 PM
"
Easily had more fun with, off the top of my head:

1) the first cut-throat event
2) the first Descent race
3) Ambush in and of itself

But I'm glad you're enjoying Filler League 101. Congrats on being GGG's target audience this month! Feels great, don't it?

Agreed with this, it was just way more fun.
Did I seriously see Charan make a grammar mistake or am I delusional?

My issue with the game right now, is that I'm grinding zones 10 levels below me, because RNG decides far too much and I've just had enough of it all.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Last edited by Derpey on Oct 7, 2015, 4:04:12 PM
"

But I'm glad you're enjoying Filler League 101. Congrats on being GGG's target audience this month! Feels great, don't it?

So we should feel ashamed that we enjoy this flashback more than regular yawn-fests like warbands or torment, amirite? Shame on us!

ps If people enjoy filler leagues more than long temp leagues than there is something wrong with the game, not with the players

ps2 current flashback is super super fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info