1 months show just how awesome the game can be when GGG just cuts loose a little

So the one month leagues are awesome. Really Really Awesome. To say they are possibly the most fun one can have in poe would be the absolute understatement of the decade

More importantly It shows exactly what the game looks like if ggg did not restrict their unique league mods to neutered levels.

Now for a disclaimer I know perfectly well why GGG does harshly reduce spawn rates of previous league content to avoid feature bloat. Both to keep newbs (as in new players) from being overwhelmed and from poisoning the well with too much candy for everyone else.

But I have argued for a long time that not all features needed to be reduced so much.

And this one month is a damn near perfect specimen for exactly why.

Invasion is AWESOME. having that extra boss creeping around the level is fantastic, it livens up every dull area with something truly challenging without being blatantly over the top in most cases.
What could have been another generic grind through 3 bloody difficulties is now peppered with legitimate threats that put the fear of god back into leveling.

It is EXHILARATING. a breath of fresh air in the fetid halls of repetition that plagued cruel and merci.

the shines are just as amazing. Not-only because we get more loots but because they offer a notable concentration of monsters and content that can be in the way or optional.

I am actually seeing things I thought died and became legend. Divine shrines? ECHO SHRINES? HOLY chicken balls on top of a church I haven't seen those in YEARS ! where the heck were they hiding? WHY were they HIDING?

I dont know , I dont even care, but dammit it is good too see those fellas again.

I cant wait for the beyond days. Oh this is going to be glorious.

Still if nothing else these leagues are proof to me that ggg can afford to be way more generous with their content without breaking their core game or overwhelming people.

Not with all leagues mind you. I think beyond tempest and rampage would be asking for too much and would be fine if all three were random map mods... (as beyond is already) (basically i am saying get the other two off zana or added in addition to zana).

Agree? disagree? thoughts?
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 5, 2015, 7:29:16 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
So the one month leagues are awesome. Really Really Awesome. To say they are possibly the most fun one can have in poe would be the absolute understatement of the decade

PoE still has a lot of problems BUT atm I have no time for much QQ.
It's the first time since 2.0 that I rly had/have fun with PoE.

not solo but still selffound in hardcore - having a blast!
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Personally I think all of the map mods should be turned on at the same time (maybe not as much as are now if they are all turned on).

You made this shit, let people enjoy it.
Damn right it feels great. (ps filler league 101 > the last 4 three month leagues and maybe even filler league 100 (blood line torment 1 monther))
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 5, 2015, 8:36:20 AM
Something that you get from time to time is cool. If it would be all the time, it feel boring.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
I'd pay 10k if they do this every fucking league lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I feel like having the same mechanics active in every zone makes the game feel more homogenous.

During leveling I fight invasion bosses, warbands, which make each zone feel more like the previous one because they have arbitrary bosses/monster packs in them. They also negate using knowledge of the game to give yourself advantages (resists/mechanics in each zone). Then I get to maps and once again each zone has a arbitrary monster type set as well as invaders and warbands.

I want leveling to be special (and less repetitive than it is now, in 1.2 we had to complete 8.5 acts, now we have 11, the repetition needs to stop), and I want maps to be distinct from leveling. Throwing everything at everything is tasteless.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
I'm having fun too. I played this weekend (not nearly as much as I wanted but too much RL getting in way).
Censored.
"
kamil1210 wrote:
Something that you get from time to time is cool. If it would be all the time, it feel boring.

I read your comments on a daily basis, but it doesn't feel boring, you are still entertaining... mmmm... anyway, thx for you positive attitude :D

"
But I'm glad you're enjoying Filler League 101. Congrats on being GGG's target audience this month! Feels great, don't it?

I guess perma hc players aren't GGG's target audience... at all. But while I don't enjoy these untested beta leagues ... mmm... called challenge leagues... I DO enjoy GGG's "reheated food". Sadly there weren't 100 filler leagues in the past :C
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
Still if nothing else these leagues are proof to me that ggg can afford to be way more generous with their content without breaking their core game or overwhelming people.

Well, here is some wisdom. Maybe at higher levels to not kill newbies?
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info