Legacy Items - my 3 salty cents

Well well well.

I think Legacy items should be either deleted or transformed into most recent versions OR at least put some sort weapon experience for example 100 billion exp that will turn the weapon to legacy version.

And the REASON is very simple. Just because those people been first to play PoE does it mean they should have now advantage over new players?

I think that is putting people to stop playing this game at all knowing that they never going to be as powerful as they most "advanced" colleagues.

Perhaps I am wrong with my statement, but if I am, can someone be so kind and explain to me why it is good the way it is now.
Last edited by panmisiek123 on Oct 5, 2015, 3:54:31 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
panmisiek123 wrote:

And the REASON is very simple. Just because those people been first to play PoE does it mean they should have now advantage over new players?

yes
Write random stuff here
"
panmisiek123 wrote:
Perhaps I am wrong with my statement, but if I am, can someone be so kind and explain to me why it is good the way it is now.

That's like going to McDonald's and complaining the food is too fatty.

If you have a problem with legacy items then don't play standard.
Standard is almost 3 years old. A new player will never be able to compete with the old folks. That's just how it is.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Standard is almost 3 years old. A new player will never be able to compete with the old folks. That's just how it is.

Lucky this game isnt about competing with other players but about building your own char and making it stronger and stronger. Thats what this game is about it isnt about player a does 50k dps while player b does 60k because he got a legacy item. If you want to compare your e-peen with other players that much play in the temp/race league's
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
It's silly to build a game where new player can never compete with the old ones.
Also league specific item should be moved automatically to standard drop pool. Again, silly to punish players because they didn't play previous leagues or were not lucky enough to get the drops.

Also as a new player, it's better to start in standard where you can gear for cheap and focus on learning the game mechanisms.
"
reliq wrote:
Also as a new player, it's better to start in standard where you can gear for cheap

LOL WHAT
You are about 2 years late with this post
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
I think owning (or not) legacy items has nothing to do with competing with older players.
Just play the game for yourself and enjoy it.

Btw, if you really want legacy items, just TRADE them. Same for mirrored items. It's just a matter of price.

And saying "it's too expansive, so it's unfair" is not relevant either.
See that Ferrari in the street ? I can't buy it, it's unfair ! Remove it from the market ! :)

Reminds me of an ooooold debate : High Runes in Diablo2... History repeats iteself.
"
reliq wrote:
It's silly to build a game where new player can never compete with the old ones.

That's what the 3-month-leagues are for. Standard is also not about competition.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info