Optimizing the gamesettings (or anything elese on my pc) for more fps?

Hi,

I'm wondering what I could do for a better fps rate. I already disabled the shadows, and set the quality to medium (why is there no low?). It helped, but I still don't get a lot of the loot with my own name due to low fps, when playing in partys. Especially when playing with poison arrow or lightning arrow rangers. Well anyway.... I tried to change the other settings in the game options, but I couldt see any differenc. Neither in the graphics quality, nor in the fps.
Since my computer isn't that bad, I just won't accept that. Are there any ways to drill my computer for a better performance?
Posting computer specs would help...
Oh Sry. :)

Running Windos 7 on Intel i5-650 (3,2ghz) with 6 GB ram + ATI Radeon HD 5500 graphics card.

Not the best, but far more, than the hardware requirements demand, I think.
There are issues with ATI cards. Read around this forum there area a number of threads about ATI cards. There are also all sorts of things ATI owners tried to make the game run better.

Other than recommending a Nvidia card or getting a newer GPU ATI one i dont know what to say.
Okay, at least a point to start at. Thanks.
See http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/142392 for a central topic about ATI/AMD card struggles.
Last edited by jantjeuh on Feb 14, 2013, 6:50:38 AM
I can say, just get new graphics card that is not ATI, or forget playing Path of Exile, like I am doing now.. I tend to lurk in forums.

fellshrine is far as you can go, there will be lots of problems when it comes to act 3 places like docks, where your fps drops due to particle effects on monsters.

solo grinding is far as you can go with ATI card, you really can't play in party with radeon...
My Craft Logs-thread/359202
"
Galneryus wrote:
I can say, just get new graphics card that is not ATI, or forget playing Path of Exile, like I am doing now.. I tend to lurk in forums.

fellshrine is far as you can go, there will be lots of problems when it comes to act 3 places like docks, where your fps drops due to particle effects on monsters.

solo grinding is far as you can go with ATI card, you really can't play in party with radeon...

I have a 7970 and I can play the game fine....

I'm running a 3930k, 16gb of ram, and a 7970 and I get 200+ FPS most of the time. In group play with massive spell effects all over the place I drop to 15ish, but I haven't run into anyone that doesn't have that problem, nvidia or otherwise.
Good for you. It doesn't change the fact that the game is unplayable for a large number of us.

Don't fucking post shit like this again. The thread isn't about you and the fact that you can play the game fine. Posting in the Technical & Account Support section of the forum to say that you don't have a problem is worse than useless, you fucking moron.
"
Good for you. It doesn't change the fact that the game is unplayable for a large number of us.

Don't fucking post shit like this again. The thread isn't about you and the fact that you can play the game fine. Posting in the Technical & Account Support section of the forum to say that you don't have a problem is worse than useless, you fucking moron.

You are fucking stupid. The point wasn't that I can play the game, the point is that AMD cards work for some people, and don't for others.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info