Ping spikes unusually high latency - EU Frankfurt

Hello support team.

Recently the new 1 month flashback started and I thought: Nice, time to play some more PoE.

Yet when I logged in and started playing I noticed that I got weird ping spikes ranging from 100 to 1000. Usually (outside of PoE) I play with a solid 30 ms, in PoE I usually get around 70 ms but I don't mind too much, lockstep works with 70 ms.

Now I tried different stuff, I actually even tried 2 different systems with 2 different ethernet cables in the same household. Results seem very similar if not identical. I also tried to work with my router and switched things on and off, yet the problem persists. Frankfurt EU is definitely the closest to me, I usually played there when it was released and had a decent and smooth 30 ms, I don't know what changed, now it seems that either your Frankfurt data center or my ISP is having issues.

Here are MTR reports for both my systems.

http://pastebin.com/jwEx6jc1 the main gaming system.

http://pastebin.com/gb4kdq21 this is my alternate system

http://pastebin.com/tywyqci7 also checked amsterdam, somewhat lower ping but same problem when I try to play

I have not tried different drivers, I suppose you mean ethernet drivers, I will do that next, although I highly doubt things will change by doing that.

Thanks in advance.

@litto or @kaharon
Last edited by Kaharon on Oct 4, 2015, 9:56:53 AM
When will people learn to read the forums???
Just quoting from the before you post thread:

"If you're experiencing a problem, please don't bump similar threads saying you have the same problem.
Instead, provide us with the required information in a new thread and we'll be able to help you more concisely."

Where did I go wrong?
@litto or @kaharon
Hi

There is a known issue with this router: 62.157.249.78 owned by Deutsche Telekom. That causes lagspikes and packetloss for you. All i can say is: Send your WinMTR results to your ISP and blame them until they fix this shitt!

Meantime you can try WTFast to change your trace route. Some can play with a VPN like that, avoiding the broken router.

GL
"
Kaharon wrote:

"If you're experiencing a problem, please don't bump similar threads saying you have the same problem.
Instead, provide us with the required information in a new thread and we'll be able to help you more concisely."

Where did I go wrong?

There are 4 or 5 threads about the issue ...
"
DE3me wrote:
"
Kaharon wrote:

Where did I go wrong?

There are 4 or 5 threads about the issue ...

@litto or @kaharon
"
FieselWiesel wrote:
Hi

There is a known issue with this router: 62.157.249.78 owned by Deutsche Telekom. That causes lagspikes and packetloss for you. All i can say is: Send your WinMTR results to your ISP and blame them until they fix this shitt!

Meantime you can try WTFast to change your trace route. Some can play with a VPN like that, avoiding the broken router.

GL

Thanks for that information! Will try a VPN while waiting for Telekom to fix it. Already wrote them my report.
@litto or @kaharon
"
Kaharon wrote:

Thanks for that information! Will try a VPN while waiting for Telekom to fix it. Already wrote them my report.

No problem and Gl again.
looks like they need a kick in the *ss! or two...ten...thousand...
Every report counts :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info