Regarding locked threads that thematized the globe appearances

"
Caridor wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

I'm sorry, I thought veiled insults were OK in your book. Your repeated use of direct insults misled me.

For example? If you're referring to my use of the word "Fanboy", then I'd like to know how being a fan is a bad thing, as it would have to, in order for it to be an insult.

Gotta love the Urban Dictionary:

Fanboy
2. A pathetic insult often used by fanboys themselves to try and put down people who don't like whatever it is they like.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:

Gotta say, you turned this thread into a demonstration why locking is sometimes a good choice. Never thought I'd regret some of the harsher things I've said about the mods, but here it is - I feel like an ass now.

Yet you refuse to provide examples.
Your repeated attempts to discredit me and my arguments, by not addressing them in any way is textbook behaviour of someone who cannot actually address the arguments brought forth.
And now, you're advocating using locking as a way to silence descent amongst the player base. "They don't agree totally with GGG and as such, they must be silenced! We do not tolerate any thing other than total obedience!"
"
Caridor wrote:

As do I. Good thing that isn't happening here.
Voting with your wallet is a form of protest, not extortion or bullying.
I am protesting against their refusal to provide an option, that people evidently care about and could be implemented during a lunch break.
However, to complain about people doing that, is to indicate that we should give them money, no matter what they do.

When we vote for things or people, rarely do we agree with 100% of a platform. To not vote in your overall self-interests for something minor is bad decision making. The only true explanation could be that you don't really like the rest of the platform (PoE) that much, so saying it's because of GG just crystallizes it for you.

Good luck gaming wherever you take your wallet, and good luck getting another developer that listens as much as GGG.
"
Caridor wrote:

Yet you refuse to provide examples.
Your repeated attempts to discredit me and my arguments, by not addressing them in any way is textbook behaviour of someone who cannot actually address the arguments brought forth.
And now, you're advocating using locking as a way to silence descent amongst the player base. "They don't agree totally with GGG and as such, they must be silenced! We do not tolerate any thing other than total obedience!"

:D

Yeah, you made the guy who made a regular user and a moderator ask him to stop criticising the moderators for locked threads see the error of his ways - that's an achievement to be proud of.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 4, 2015, 1:41:33 PM
"
Bars wrote:
"
Caridor wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

I'm sorry, I thought veiled insults were OK in your book. Your repeated use of direct insults misled me.

For example? If you're referring to my use of the word "Fanboy", then I'd like to know how being a fan is a bad thing, as it would have to, in order for it to be an insult.

Gotta love the Urban Dictionary:

Fanboy
2. A pathetic insult often used by fanboys themselves to try and put down people who don't like whatever it is they like.

Sorry, but could find a valid source? Urban dictionary is written almost entirely for humour.A huge amount of it is either flat out untrue or exxagerated for humourous effect. What's more, anyone can edit it, with little to no moderation and no requirement to back up their edits with a source.

And once again, refusing to provide examples. Not meaning to insult your intelligence here, but do you need me to explain the concept to you? I'm beginning to think you aren't providing examples because you don't know what I'm talking about.
"
Barivius wrote:
"
Caridor wrote:

As do I. Good thing that isn't happening here.
Voting with your wallet is a form of protest, not extortion or bullying.
I am protesting against their refusal to provide an option, that people evidently care about and could be implemented during a lunch break.
However, to complain about people doing that, is to indicate that we should give them money, no matter what they do.

When we vote for things or people, rarely do we agree with 100% of a platform. To not vote in your overall self-interests for something minor is bad decision making. The only true explanation could be that you don't really like the rest of the platform (PoE) that much, so saying it's because of GG just crystallizes it for you.

Good luck gaming wherever you take your wallet, and good luck getting another developer that listens as much as GGG.

You may consider it a minor thing, others may consider it a major thing. Some women didn't care about the right to vote before WW2 in England, but today, we'd consider that to be a huge deal. It's entirely subjective.

And this isn't the only thing I disagree with GGG about. I think there should be a colour blind mode, I think that we should have the option for offline play, even if that requires creating a charactar that can never be online, I think there should be an auction house or similar system. This is just one thing on a list, though I find the circumstances of their refusal to be egregious. They could implement the option over a lunch break and the playerbase is divided between those who want them back and those who don't care.

And they listen? Maybe I've missed it, but I've yet to see anything other than bug reports and payment issues which they actually listen to.
"
Caridor wrote:

Sorry, but could find a valid source? Urban dictionary is written almost entirely for humour.A huge amount of it is either flat out untrue or exxagerated for humourous effect. What's more, anyone can edit it, with little to no moderation and no requirement to back up their edits with a source.

And once again, refusing to provide examples. Not meaning to insult your intelligence here, but do you need me to explain the concept to you? I'm beginning to think you aren't providing examples because you don't know what I'm talking about.

You know that saying things like "no offense, but.." and "not meaning to insult, but.." doesn't magically turn your insults into non-insults, right? :)

Perhaps you don't. You seem to be under the false impression saying something automatically makes it true. Like me providing an example and you saying it's not an example - sorry buddy, real life doesn't work like that. You can't just close your eyes and pretend black is white. Actually you can, but sooner or later you'll be in for a rough awakening.
"
Bars wrote:
"
Caridor wrote:

You know that saying things like "no offense, but.." and "not meaning to insult, but.." doesn't magically turn your insults into non-insults, right? :)

Perhaps you don't. You seem to be under the false impression saying something automatically makes it true. Like me providing an example and you saying it's not an example - sorry buddy, real life doesn't work like that. You can't just close your eyes and pretend black is white. Actually you can, but sooner or later you'll be in for a rough awakening.

No, it genuinely wasn't an insult. I would ask a guy who was learning to drive and never indicated if he knew how to use them and I'm asking you if you do not understand. Not knowing what things mean is not a bad thing, it just means you haven't learnt that yet.

Ah, so you were referring to that. I assumed you were addressing MY example that I provided.
Yet, you still have to provide a reason why being a fan of something is a bad thing. All you've done so far is link to another website, not provide an explanation.
Hey guys!

I'm locking this thread as it seems that the original topic has run its course and the thread has turned into something less appropriate. This is an unfortunate result, as the original discussion had some great input.

If you have an issue with a particular user, you are welcome to report them to us, but personally attacking each other only serves to antagonize and escalate the hostility of responses between users. Be sure to keep your comments civil and constructive to the topic of the thread.

Sorry for the hassle! Feel free to message me if you have any questions or concerns.
✮ Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info