Map Tier concept

What bothers me is that old maps are 2 levels lower than the new maps but have the same tier.

So old map tier 3 = new map tier 1.
Why not tier 0 and tier -1? Isn't that now the opposite? If I havent read about how Tiers worked or if I bought old map as a new player and don't know about the differences besides that they look a little bit different.
Last edited by SuperMotte on Oct 2, 2015, 8:33:58 AM
So, can someone point me in the direction of some sort of explanation of these tiers?

Is tier = level, from experience standpoint? I've got to run tier 8+ when I am 87+?

Some sort of explanation would be awesome.

Also, GGG - very very poor job of communicating these changes - the only mention I could find is the old Awakening manifesto where tiers meant something different altogether.

Tier + 67 = map level

It will probably find its way into the advanced tooltip script at some point.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
That I know, but from various tidbits around the forums I gathered that experience calculation is somehow different now.

Meaning - the new tier 8 (so, old 75) is not the same experience gain wise as 75.

Is that correct or do tiers only affect available affixes?
GGG have done a lot of things over the years to drown out complaints or pretend they know the real "issues", but this is, without a doubt, the most ridiculous, unneeded, insulting change of them all. It literally brings nothing to the game, only takes away from our ability to readily compare if we're finding +0 or +1 maps (since luckily once you open the map you no longer can see its tier), makes it EVEN HARDER to tell what level maps I should be running, etc.

The whole thing is a load of crap, and needs to be reverted as soon as possible. To act like we were all just "confused" when we complained about running level 71 maps on our 90+ characters... it makes my blood boil, honestly.

The rest of the patch is great and speaks volumes of their ability to listen to feedback in general, but this map tier shit is unbelievable and I cannot believe how stubborn they are sometimes. It is very rare that 80-90%+ of the community strongly agrees on something, and in those cases, I think GGG should give in (Usually. When it relates to this low level UI/QOL type stuff, at least)

And I never thought they would top the "+2 maps are a dangerous thing" comment, so congrats on that too.
Team Won
This tier thing is absurdly annoying. Who thought this will be an enhancement to anything at all? And it is provided as the main characteristic of the map instead of its level. Glorious - as if we cared what tier it is instead of what xp we can grind there... Intentional obfuscation for literally 0 valid reasons... absolute garbage. Yes you can add teh tier to 67.. then what? how is it an improvement over actually writing the level on it. You know what would be similarly great idea? if we had to play a game of tetris after each killed opponent to see if it drops any item. that would be "fun" -.- (I really think it is obviously sarcasm but I didnt dare to leave it like that without a warning because based on some changes they would think it as a legit idea -.-)

Disgusting - revert it asap.
Last edited by Eshu on Oct 2, 2015, 1:49:08 PM
Well, it's every bit as stupid as it seemed it would be. I didn't like the idea when they first proposed it, and I hate it now.
I think I might be done mapping. So not worth it.
i'd love the tier idea, i don't rly care, but there're still no map drops after the 2.04...
Last edited by snecko on Oct 2, 2015, 3:24:37 PM
Tiers are more confusing then reqular map levels. Please change back.
"
theloveduck wrote:
Well, it's every bit as stupid as it seemed it would be. I didn't like the idea when they first proposed it, and I hate it now.

Agreed. If their goal is to make map level compared to character level less confusing, then there is really only one option to fix that.

They would have to make maps go all the way to level 98 or 100. They would need to balance the experience around that. They could do even numbers so maps level 68, 70, 72, 74,76,78,80,82,and so on. If they did the experience correctly, you should be doing a level 72 map at level 72. You could do a level 70 map at level 72 and still get experience but not as much.

Obviously this a lot of work and time and effort to get it done correctly but that is the only way to fix the problem they thought they had. The way they should look at it is they didn't do it right in the first place and now they should fix it properly. The tier system is a joke I am sorry. I love you guys but this is really bad.

I forgot to mention that they would also have to change all the item levels of all the gear in the game to also match appropriately No big deal. :0 (sarcasm)

Last edited by Orbitalx on Oct 2, 2015, 10:54:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info