Question for those of you that play self found

Do you have MF builds? If not, why not? I would think it would be mandatory if you were going to play like that.
Censored.
Only if they can find the MF gear themselves :D

I do wonder how that'd play out, though. Nothing that they find has any real value to it.. it simply does or does not take up space in a stash tab. A different way of thinking for sure.
I always rip in Cruel, so no.
I also only play HC because I hate myself.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
A mf char is great for building wealth from trading. It actually doesn't benefit sf very much. Having a fast char that can run decent maps is were it is at and you don't need a mf char to get there. Sometimes i have a lil mf or a lil mf cull but I haven't built an actual mf char in a few leagues.

If
was still around I probably would :D
I don't tend to bother with a MF character, but if I'm planning more than one character in a new league I try and make at least the first one a build which has few or no innate gear requirements, and can pack a little MF just to help the others.

Back in OB I did actually run an MF summoner, and filled many stash tabs with stuff I'll never use: now I try and keep only the very best of what I find. Basically I retain whatever will benefit my next build, or sometimes work from something good (by SF standards) to decide what to build next.
e.g. these two wands dropped
and
so my next character went phys wander... note the culling totem for extra MF.

And value is purely based on "is this actually better than what I have, will I want this later, or will someone else in the guild maybe want it"?
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
Self found is a challenge to say the least. In Standard I ues IIQ and IIR for a farming.

Self found HC is crazy hard. Your build options are extremely limited because you can't bank on ever finding those build enabling uniques. If you get lucky though, and can make it past Cruel its not so bad. From Act II Cruel onward though, you really have to be mindful of your gears limitations and farm as needed(depending on build you might need to start that farming process earlier). Slow and steady.....don't worry about winning any races because you wont.

It would be nice if they added a third option "Hardcore Self Found" to the 3-4 months events.
Rules might include
No trading, no dropping items on the ground.
All groups set to perm allocation.
Bring back IIQ for that league only.

Hardcore self found....it's a challenge....it's not for everyone =) But if you dislike alt+tab to trade as much as I do then embrace the challenge that is Self Found.
Last edited by Zillion on Oct 1, 2015, 8:18:48 PM
"
Nope.

Part of being self found is being. Self. Found. I figured people saw a distinction between self found (character) and account bound (shared stash usage).

Even then, I think if you're going to bother with something as meta as an MF char, you might as well waste that time trading.

Getting that drop was always what kept me playing diablo 2. Playing mf takes the gameplay experience to a whole new level. I understand that it's not something that everybody enjoys, but I certainly wouldn't call it a waste of time.
I don't mf either, nor do I trade between characters.

For me nothing in this game is better than the intimate feeling of building a character from scraps you've actually found from mobs you've faught yourself. Makes the item hunt fun and exciting when you have to struggle and work for it! :D
"
Nope.

Part of being self found is being. Self. Found. I figured people saw a distinction between self found (character) and account bound (shared stash usage).

Even then, I think if you're going to bother with something as meta as an MF char, you might as well waste that time trading.

I enjoy these little semantics discussions.
my lv84 EK MF, all self found. The non-legacy shavs dropped for me in in a poorjoys about a week or two after the new version.

Last edited by respwnd on Oct 2, 2015, 12:16:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info