Need help finding a laptop sata cable for my dad

Basically my dad and I have the same laptop except mine is a newer model (ASUS RoG), and I bought myself a solid state drive a while back because there was a slot for it in my laptop so I figured his was the same. My mom got him a solid state drive for his 50th birthday recently and to my surprise there's a bay for it but no spot to connect it except a port for a sata cable.

So far with lots of searching google, amazon, micro center, etc etc, I found almost what he needs.

It's this cable: but the smaller end needs to be bent at a 90 degree angle so he can close up the back of his laptop after installation.

If anyone knows where I'd get such a cable, information would be greatly appreciated.

And in case this helps, the model # for his laptop is "G74S".
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
Last edited by FriendlyGamerGuy on Oct 1, 2015, 1:53:40 PM
Probably cheaper to buy him a new laptop.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Probably cheaper to buy him a new laptop.

I don't know why a new gaming laptop would be cheaper than a small cord for an SSD?

Unless you mean it would be easier to do, then you'd be right.

If anyone is still reading this thread, I still need the help described above.
You could take the laptop and SSD into your local technology/computer store and ask for some assistance? I'm not sure what you might have near you, but in New Zealand PlayTech and PBTech are super helpful with these sorts of things. If they don't have what you're looking for, they'll generally order one in for you, or at the very least tell you that what you're looking for doesn't exist.

Best of luck, and happy birthday to your dad!
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
Thanks for the reply Rachel, but unfortunately I already tried calling a few places like that near me, which ended up suggesting to check my local micro center, and I already did that too. :/

Also, thanks for the birthday wishes!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info