Failed build idea - Please help! | The Gentleman |

I like the R in RPG, so I thought what would I like to be in the Wraeclast world?
A gentleman!
So I used some of the lyric lines from Sting's song "Alien in New York": A gentleman will walk but never run.
Thats 1 first rule.
The second thing I could come up with is that the gentleman should walk through an instance and not (vissibly) attack anyone. A very stoic walk upto the boss. Then he would just wait and leave the area when things were done.

The idea is to use a legacy Anvil for the -20% run speed. It has also a nice damage reflect element that I could use for the damage upon the enemy without visibly attacking them.
Then pieces fall into their place. The crown of the pale king is nice for again its reflection of damage, but also that 30% of that damage is used for healing.
I always wanted to use Lori's Lantern for something and it has good usage for the "enemies are unlucky damaging you" property.
Now for defense I choose for a max block build. The anvil has the nice +10 block chance and the +3 additional block chance property. For a shield I choosed a legacy Daresso's Courage shield until I can use the Temu shield. I am just level 54 now.
Later on I like to use a Shav's for the 250 lightning reflect, but I might lack intelligence points. What kind of chest would be best?

The passive skill tree is centered around block chance.

Initial testing showed that normal mob damage can be sustained this way, but boss damage is obviously to much.
Then I had the idea to use Southbound as gloves. If I can stack the low damage attacks of white mobs to my healing advantage, I could outleech the damage of the boss. I should just wait until mobs have 0 life left and remove the gloves to kill the entire screen. The awesomeness :)
Theoreticaly I believe I am correct. Testing shows simular results on small groups with a rare monster, but the problem is that with reflect damage the "cannot kill" affix of Southbound is ignored. It seems to be not intentionally according to Mark from GGG, so that might chance over time.

The second problem is that mobs does not seem to be interested to attack me if I continu to walk. I can't sustain being target. Mobs just walk back after 1-2 screens of walking. Especially slow mobs like skeletons and zombies.

The Southbound problem is hopefully a matter of time that it will be solved, but how do I continuously taunt enemies to attack me, without doing a warcry? A gentleman does not scream at all.

Edit: For a reference the items:
Last edited by Kwaak on Oct 1, 2015, 10:12:35 AM
Why not use Thousand teeth temu since you aren't going low life? http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Thousand_Teeth_Temu
"
Bechtol449 wrote:
Why not use Thousand teeth temu since you aren't going low life? http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Thousand_Teeth_Temu

"
Kwaak wrote:
For a shield I choosed a legacy Daresso's Courage shield until I can use the Temu shield. I am just level 54 now.
why not aegis and some countersetups? i can afk kill most of the game content. sure it takes some time but the afk killing thing is just a sideeffect of this build.
can a spell totem do a war cry? A gentleman may not use a warcry, but he might request one be done in his stead.

also, I don't know if it's your taste, but block combined with
or
might be entertaining
Tempest shield might be able to shoot out and draw aggro while you're walking. Adds block chance too and you could set it up to auto curse =]
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Oct 1, 2015, 11:29:20 AM
Thank you for thinking with me.
First of all: I try to avoid visible attacks, so tempest shield helps a lot, but is very visible.
Counterattacks are not permited by the role playing part of this build.

Aegis is a very good suggestion, but @ lvl 54 i am not there yet to use the shield. I will try it out when it comes available.

Both chest suggestions are nice enough to try out. I will also test a Bramble jack just to see what will happend.

A warcry isn't a spell and even if that works then a totem is a very visible action, so I want to try to avoid that. I also think the totem will behave like a decoy totem so this build will fail.
"
Kwaak wrote:
I always wanted to use Lori's Lantern for something and it has good usage for the "enemies are unlucky damaging you" property.
It is for LL only.
Also, Lightbane raiment sucks. Its damage is next to practical zero. Zahndethus, OTOH, could be good addition to the build.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
a gentleman doesnt wear a weapon, nor a staff and a shield is kinda weird too.
Maybe a gun.

Facebreaker, a gentleman only slaps, never punch nor slice. And if you want to slap with your white glove, you could use the normal attack no skill gems nor links

otherwise, for your aggro problem you could use empire's grasp to grab yours opponents with a skill+kb.

Bramble jack is interresting for your setup, if reskined of course.
Victario's influence is really "gentlemanly" but you will never ask minions to help you, a gentleman fights alone. BUT the skin is good.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
This kind of builds generally never works. If i were to do it I'd put all my passives into health, regen and shield nodes to cap out block.

For the gear I'd go Kaoms Heart for the chest, and then maybe rainbowstride or Atziri's step for the boots if you're going for highest block.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info