yes. . .

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
offtopic_with_CharanNicemyr
"
"
Bars wrote:
I have yet to see anything by Charan that could even qualify as moderate tongue lashing, much less a horrendous one. The forum was tame even before the moderation policy change, now it's sterile.

I suppose that depends entirely on one's ability to perceive the barbs. This forum has taught me to use levels of subtlety I simply lacked before as other names, other...less sinuous personae. I do appreciate that. This little dance I've had with Support has been nothing if not genuinely educational and challenging. Someone...a few someones have said that the PoE forum are the true endgame. Perhaps not, but they're definitely a game...and the rules aren't just what Bex and Sam cooked up, called 'guidelines' and called it a day.

Besides, we can still say fuck and shit all we want, Bars. I wouldn't call that sterile.

I would. It's not about being able to use certain words, it's about the moderator activation threshold, so to speak. It is very low.

I won't even comment on the baseless implication I can't perceive barbs :P I can, I just don't think you're malicious or aggressive enough to truly offend. It's all subjective, of course.

I'm quite thick-skinned so something which seems harmless to me might make some overly sensivite poor soul cry - so do not despair, I'm sure you've made many a virgin cry!

:D
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 1, 2015, 10:47:30 AM
EDIT: You can use self found gems/orbs/potions to modify stuff - the restrictions only apply to gear - you must use unique gear only, which presents tremendous issues with gem sockets, armour, evasion, resistances, etc.

I do like the randomly assigned letter rares though, that might be a nice variant

And this is not a last resort play style - just something fun to try with friends - and it is fun - hence the posting :D
"

But it is forced and I am amused. I get the feeling GGG really wanted races and temporary leagues in place to discourage, gently, these sorts of self-created challenges as an obvious means of perpetuating appeal in a game that, if played as 'intended', has sort of fallen into a rut.

You might be right, but I hope not. I've always looked at the skill tree and gem/skill flexibility and thought that the game was meant to allow the player to pursue their goals in whatever fashion they chose, however efficient or inefficient.

One of the things I loved most about D2 was making weird builds, like Wirtadins, or Zero Point barbs (hello Kuko bow!) with no skills and no stat points assigned.

ZiggyD's challenge does seem a unusual in requiring such an dichotomy of equippage, but if players can find entertainment that way, then I am happy for them.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
You should add a rule : "you must deal direct damage yourself".

Otherwise everyone and his dog will use totems and/or minions for this challenge.
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
You should add a rule : "you must deal direct damage yourself".

Otherwise everyone and his dog will use totems and/or minions for this challenge.

You first have to find a unique with a socket to put those gems in though.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
I'm not bored or have too much time on my hands but I just started a Gucci Hobo with the added stipulation that I can only use quality gems and can't interact with my masters (I don't deal with those low lifes). So easy gems are out and the choices are even more limited.
I'll also limit stash space to a single tab so I don't go overboard with vendoring. Not that I could craft anything anyway.

<edit>
Of course I'm also using an item filter that only shows flasks, cards, uniques, currency and quality gems. :)
... is not a troll
Last edited by trollkind on Jan 18, 2016, 8:07:49 PM
There is such thing as being a challenge but it doesn't mean is actually fun to really play.

Punching stuff for a really long time until RNG drops me a unique item isn't a real challenge at all tbh. It doesn't test anything other then your patience and luck.

A challenge would imply you can consistently have a metric to do the challenge and figure out the best way to achieve it with a touch of RNG. (Like D2 speedruns or all blue items ect)

A better challenge would be after you complete a metric (kill brutus with your fist, ect) You get a random level appropriate unique or a selection out of 3 to pick from randomly.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Jan 18, 2016, 8:35:13 PM
Well, I'm just a sucker for RNG and it is defenitely a challenge as you have to manually dodge everything, single out mobs to kill. It's good training in decision making and control/mechanics. Feels like a Lethal/Turbo race and those were always fun and random and frustrating. But I'm not on a clock here. I'll just play in short bursts, not spend a day on him.
I also have a level 8 Twilight Runner, although I already got the unique in Twilight Achievement in a random race, so he is pretty much retired.

The power creep is real and it's nice from time to time to really have to work for everything instead of just right clicking your way to victory.
... is not a troll

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info