C1111 wrote:
great coliseum!

"
DrakSenf wrote:
Gratz to all winners!

Zstark and Jernsaxe are friends on my friendlist and i followed they work
on the ´HO´s.

They followed my work on my HO (HoTW #16 Castle of Pathsylvania) and
i followed the work on the Colosseum HO from the beginning.

It´s my absolutly favorite HO-Theme i have seen ever!

I am so happy because Zstark is the winner of this contest.

MAN, i had say it! :-) , i see you ingame.

PS: Sorry for my bad english dudes.

DrakSenf

"
hideouts wrote:
zstark was my absolute favorite, he made some things ive never seen before (arena, boats, that cottage improvised with wagon and huts).

"
666lol666 wrote:
Of course you did, your hideout is the most amazing shit I have ever seen in this game!
The other hideouts look great too but your's is just..... WOOW

hi
thank u all for ur appreciation,
I'm glad you'll loved it, i worked on this ho for a long time with help of my friends.

I present it to u,

ty
Jernsaxe,
Geisalt,
DrakSenf,
Sie_Sayoka

pm ign:Kchron for ingame visit
Last edited by zstark on Oct 1, 2015, 6:51:29 PM
IT JUST OCCURRED TO ME.....

as I am about to purchase skins for my zombies... that you can purchase decorations for your Hideout.

NOW, the ethic that PoE is NOT, most DEFINITELY NOT "Pay to Win", brings to mind that some of the winners may have paid for decorations, and others may not have.

I don't know (though the information is likely available to PoE for winners, and *near*-winners, and others) which participants uses PURCHASED DECORATIONS, and which did not.

In the spirit that PAY to WIN is a meaningful distinctions, perhaps a seperate category for Hideouts composed entirely of decorations purchased with Favor Points....which eliminates Banners etc. from Supporter Packages, and Microtransaction Purchases.

To be clear, I *did not* submit my Hideout, which i really like, but doesn't reach the standard of the best (as I suspected). Also, I spend LOTS OF MONEY on Microtransactions. So I'm not advocating for myself, but for the foundation ethic of *NOT PAY TO WIN*.

I Hope someone from GGG reads this, and it is put into consideration, or, perhaps, it *already has* been considered....which would not surprise me at all.

Thanks, as always, for an unspeakably satisfying game, mechanically, and aesthetically.

Congrats everyone, and nice work!

Ever since I saw the first HO where I was like "hmm, person put some work into this", I've gotten a kick out of extensive/themed hideout customizations.

I don't really mess w/ it much myself, as I have enough of a challenge gathering shinies in the "real" game vs. this particular meta game. But maybe next time...

Features that would be nice (some inspired by other comments in this thread):

- Control the camera in a more cinematic way, to do some of these special shots. Obviously restricted so as not to interfere with actual gameplay whatsoever.

- Ability to save hideouts

- Notation made w/r to contest entrants/winners as to whether or not they used MTX decorations.

- Would be nice for "tourists" to be able to view these hideouts without disturbing their creators. An in-game "architecture/design society": once you join, you can enable a replica of your hideout to be available for the public to visit. (/Shrug IK there's a lot of stuff on the to-do list before this, but I'm just brainstorming...)
Nice work!
I knew it, I had no chance to win with the black squares bug! I had to cover it all up with rugs n' stuff...
"
zstark wrote:
I WONNNNN!!!!

TYVM GGG

Congratulations ! Very well done!
Out freaking standing everyone. I hope someday to submit my Hideout, but I am visual design challenged it seems. Bex Please keep this up, and great work.
20190104224940_1[img][/img]
Spoiler
Last edited by Geraldio on Jan 4, 2019, 3:15:39 PM
Last edited by mysoyou on Jan 13, 2019, 11:05:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info