Need help with suddenly dead 2H Cyclone...

I am using Lightly as a build guide, I don't have all the points he has yet but I thought I made good choices for my level so far (perhaps not). the issue I'm having is I'll be going along smashing everything in my path and out of the blue I see the "Your Dead" notification. I have no idea what it is - I know it isn't a Reflect or a Bloodless (I am leeching too fast for them anyway). It could be archers (or the special archers? - Dried Lake Merciless) perhaps - I'm not sure because it happens in large groups, but it is an instant death - not a bleedout. Its puzzling because as I said I'll be demolishing things without a care one second, next second - dead.

So I'm going to put up my stats and stuff. I don't have anything special - but perhaps something is weakening me? Or maybe my tree needs to be tweaked? I don't know any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I think I found a solution until I can strengthen my skill tree - I have Enfeeble / Temporal Chains on Cast when Damage Taken. So it has to be a TRUE one shot in order to kill me off...

Last edited by magusat999 on Sep 30, 2015, 3:38:59 PM
Linking Cast When Damage Taken with Blood Magic is a waste of slot - you don't spend mana on these curses anyway.
Also,consider moving Cyclone into your 5L chest and link as follows:
Cyclone - Blood Magic - Fortify - Life on Hit/Life Leech - Culling Strike or if you don't wish to change color of your slots Melee Physical Damage.Because you've taken Skull Cracking in passive tree you can also put Stun here,but that would not be as profitable as other options.

Move Leap Slam into your weapon and link as follows:
Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Blood Magic

In your boots you have 2 triggered curses,but if I see right no means to make enemies being cursed by 2 curses simultaneously.Well then,use such setup for autocast:
Cast When Damage Taken - Molten Shell - Temporal Chains/Enfeeble - Increased Duration
This setup is giving way more protection - Molten Shell will increase armor and prevent X damage while curse causes enemies to attack less often or deal less damage.

Summoned minions paradoxically work rather against you - by taking monsters' attention these don't allow them to attack you and therefore sustain life leech and blood rage.I suggest to replace zombies by Enduring Cry or Rallying Cry.Enduring Cry is more recommended as you claim you have survivability issues.Chaos golem is okay due to permanent damage reduction and pretty good survivability at this level.

Also,exchange Haste aura in your chest by Vaal version,this will give you excellent tool for fighting bosses and larger packs without need to turn off Hatred.

Another mistake is using energy shield equipment with Blood Rage - effectively making your gloves,necklare and partially boots/helmet don't give you any protection.Change these to some solid armor or armor+evasion ones,with resistances if needed,additional life,armor and attributes.You focused too much on item rarity.

In passives tree you made several mistakes:
1) Taking Iron Grip - you don't use any projectile-based attacks,and to your melee ones strength bonus is applied even without the keystone.
2) +30 Dex/Int near Duelist area can be respected and instead taken these between Marauder and Templar,saving one skill point at the cost -10 strength.
3) I'm not sure if all these increased AOE nodes in Templar area are really worth taking.You have Master of The Arena which gives you +2 weapon range anyway,and 8% area damage reduction can easily be overcame by taking 12% increased damage from Blunt Instrument or Destroyer circle.This way you'll free 2 skill points.
4) In Marauder area,near jewel socket you've taken +10 strength,probably heading to Armour Mastery.Consider respecting it,and go to Mastery from Warrior's Blood - this way you'll get +12% armour more at the merely cost of 5 life and +2% more physical damage.
5) In Bloody Surgeon circle respect those +10% damage and +8% leech rate,and take +14% mace damage and +12% mace damage from Blood Instrument circle.
6) In Destroyer circle you've taken +4% attack speed with maces.It's better to go through damage node,and take additional 5% attack speed in starting Marauder area.Or take both speed nodes.

Further improvements require you to add 2 extra Endurance Charges along with extended duration in passive tree,and then change CWDT setup to:
CWDT - Immortal Call - the same curse - Increased Duration
Also,you'll have to put somewhere:
Vengeance - Endurance Charge At Melee Stun and optionally increased AoE,LoH or extra physical damage.

Hope that will help you mate.
Last edited by MasterBLB on Oct 1, 2015, 9:03:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info