2.0.4 Patch Notes

really happy wiht the act 4 monster nerf, it was definatly needed.
I was so excited about the new patch, eventhough the xp in higher maps would be decreased i was happy to get the chance to find some more higher maps.

BUT...
I ran 20 maps of level 78 or better your annoying tier 11. In this runs I got 3x tier 1, 3x tier 2, 4x tier 3, 1x tier 6, 2x tier 9.
That was all the drop i could allocate.
Are you serious about that?

In fact i wasted 20x of my level 78 maps just to get nothing back.
Thats the first thing that starts to ruin the game.

The next point is the ridiculous tier system of maps. The only thing you have to know about a map is the level of monsters in it and the resulting itemlevel of the drops.
What is the reason why you changed that? Only for some now player who might need some time to adapt to the normal level system? You annoy all the player who are used to the system and like to play with it?
All the time you are in a map you get the monsterlevel displayed in the upper right corner and as soon as you find a map (what's like a miracle) you always have to think about the tier you are in atm so you can compare whether its a good or bad drop.
I discussed this with all my friends and even some new guys with their first characters see no point in the new system and think that its even harder to understand and very confusing.

The third point is the nerf of the monsters. I am definitely not a rich player or a 24/7 player, I would call me a casual gamer. Before the patch, there was the risk to die, that's what's the game about, prepare and equip to prevent you from dying. But now its completly effortless to achieve. The strength of the monster was just something you have to realise and adapt to it, there are many unique based builds which are very cheap and can achieve a good stability. I really dont see the point in that nerf.

So overall I have to thank GGG for making the game even more casual and destroying every single challenge you could have in this game. If you really want to continue like that I am not shure how long you will be able to fascinate new and old players and encourage them to play your game.
No, you must also know what mods to roll on what maps. Each map has a certain set of 'best mods' for maximizing chances for sustaining the map runs. Running high level maps effectively requires a lot of game knowledge actually.

But the whole map-system, I hate it. Always this constant stress "will I find another map this run or not" when running maps worth 0.5-2ex. And then the rng on top of that, you can lose dozens and dozens of hard earned ex in a single day if rng hates you.
I just wan't to kill loads of monsters, not worry about my ex-reserves while running maps or being forced to run them in full parties for map-sustain & maximum lag.
Last edited by silverdash on Oct 3, 2015, 6:43:14 AM
Exact ! I Agree.
I mostly only drop Tier 1-4 (curently playing rare Tier 7)
I dont understand the need to talk about "Tier" because every thing else is about level...
Last edited by Hillda on Oct 3, 2015, 7:29:11 AM
Don't like the pet feature at all.

When you summon a pet now, it comes OUT of your stash, and does not go back in until it is deliberately unsummoned BY THAT CHARACTER. If you forget which character was running with that pet, the pet is all but lost. You would have to cycle through all your characters to find the pet.

Frankly, I prefer the old way. This, however, should come as no surprise.

Pets were about the only microtransaction I used regularly, because I could be reassured I wouldn't lose or forget it on another character. Not any more.

If there were an easy way for players to check the locations of their microtransactions, that would be really helpful. Probably a headache to code, but I don't know enough about that side of things to be sure.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Last edited by Gruentod on Oct 3, 2015, 12:12:32 PM
This new tier stuff is really bugging the hell out of me. I know it's easy to calculate what level the map is but please. WTH is the use of this? what possible advantage can there be over doing this in stead of map levels.

It's really annoying me, please either put back levels or just give us the option to show the map level (and why not, what's the possible harm of showing us the level on the map in stead of only tier?)
NO MORE TIERS

(apologies if someone else has already done this bit)
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Yes please NO MORE TEAR(S)"

"The man in the dark will bring another attack" Chris? Is that you?
"
silverdash wrote:
No, you must also know what mods to roll on what maps. Each map has a certain set of 'best mods' for maximizing chances for sustaining the map runs. Running high level maps effectively requires a lot of game knowledge actually.

It primarily requires a lot of currency. Even if I know what the best mods for a map are, it will cost me 20+ chaos to get there. Which is stupid. That is why I call content in this game RNG/wealth gated. And that sucks really really really really REALLY hard. It is not fun at all.

The challenges exist, they just exist in maps that are so hard to get that I hardly ever run them. So I run boring maps and sometimes die out of boredom or from game problems (lag, disconnect). Since I have to run 5-20 maps to get 10% XP, I do not make progress any more at all.

I really hope they are working on another endgame, because they are so stubborn on maps and the entire system is so fucked up that it is no fun at all any more. It feels like work. Or rather, like working a slot machine.

Tiers don't help either.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
rip game il exit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info