So this guy vendored a mirror...

There are too many individual aspects of gameplay that are working as intended, being combined into 1 gameplay result that is not producing a manageable result.

It's going to be a bitch to fix without breaking something or creating potentially unfair consequences on players not playing this combination.

Chris has indicated they have a fix ready for implementation - but whether this will ultimately be a positive thing for the wider playerbase remains to be seen.

I think this is a beautiful example of how thin the high-wire is that GGG has to navigate every time they want to add something to the game. From something seemingly innocuous (reverse knockback), we've had an outcome that has contributed to one of the most arguably broken economies in any of the temp leagues, not to mention the lasting impact that may exist for the perm leagues.

It has been interesting to watch both the player base reactions, and the dev reactions. I'd rate this is far more politically intriguing than "Mirror Gate" or whatever the fuck it was called.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
There are too many individual aspects of gameplay that are working as intended, being combined into 1 gameplay result that is not producing a manageable result.

It's going to be a bitch to fix without breaking something or creating potentially unfair consequences on players not playing this combination.

Chris has indicated they have a fix ready for implementation - but whether this will ultimately be a positive thing for the wider playerbase remains to be seen.

I think this is a beautiful example of how thin the high-wire is that GGG has to navigate every time they want to add something to the game. From something seemingly innocuous (reverse knockback), we've had an outcome that has contributed to one of the most arguably broken economies in any of the temp leagues, not to mention the lasting impact that may exist for the perm leagues.

It has been interesting to watch both the player base reactions, and the dev reactions. I'd rate this is far more politically intriguing than "Mirror Gate" or whatever the fuck it was called.

Aptly put.

And it is a situation where nobody can win honestly. Either you nerf the reverse knockback mechanic, the ghost's, the zana modifier. Nobody wins.

Peace,

-Boem-

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Aptly put.

And it is a situation where nobody can win honestly. Either you nerf the reverse knockback mechanic, the ghost's, the zana modifier. Nobody wins.

Peace,

-Boem-

Or Cyclone cannot knockback.
What do you mean that the league is not rewarding or fun? You put in 5 useless items in the device and you get 1 useless item... Oh wait!
/Talisman League(2015/2016)

Oh look, Synthesis League(2019) = Talisman League all over again.
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
Aptly put.

Peace,

-Boem-

Or Cyclone cannot knockback.

Cyclone isn't the main thing knocking back it's the trigger attacks aka reckoning, ripost, vegence.
Been watching the guys stream for a week or so now after someone randomly hosted him.

Just reducing the amount of loot you get from mobs that are touched to almost nothing and slightly buffing the amount you get from a rare inhabited mob seems like an ok fix to me. Even with only a very tiny amount in loot from mobs touched by ghost this would still possibly be worth doing if you have the full set up for it. Making it so the mobs inhabited drop a bit more loot won't help ghost busting much but it might make finding a ghost out in the open if you can get it into a rare mob more eventful.

Even if they full removed the map mod from zana you could still do this at least to a lesser degree if you just banked on a map having ghost in it. The zana map mod just makes sure there are ghost and lots of them however from watching the stream it's not that often he can get multiple ghost in the same group cause of lag issues.

Man sorry for so many edits...
Last edited by CalamityAOE on Sep 29, 2015, 7:02:16 PM
God your suggestions is just to fuck the entire player base stop that.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

Entire player base or a handful of dinosaurs? ;D
What do you mean that the league is not rewarding or fun? You put in 5 useless items in the device and you get 1 useless item... Oh wait!

I will say this it's fun to watch on stream for a bit because of all the unique items dropping.

My biggest concern with it is the best magic finding build for it is probably flame totem and it's not exactly like flame totem needs to be more popular.
Vendoring a mirror is one thing. But who of you guys plays long enough to have witnessed this evil and twisted crime?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPXL0yYJj-8
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
"

Entire player base or a handful of dinosaurs? ;D

Well I don't do it it's just when I'm mf'ing normally and I actually see a ghost yeah I'll run them through a bunch of mobs then all of a sudden thanks to ghost busting and people whining obviously that's likely probably not going to be doing anything.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Well I don't do it it's just when I'm mf'ing normally and I actually see a ghost yeah I'll run them through a bunch of mobs then all of a sudden thanks to ghost busting and people whining obviously that's likely probably not going to be doing anything.

Yeah i think all of us do that, it is the intended mechanic after all. I don't see GGG changing that (at least i hope not). But you have to admit that this technique cannot go on, i mean, getting 10 or more Uniques per map and tons of Orbs, that is definitely not intended.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info